Torquayunited v St Albans 13/11/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I've been told last Saturdays referee is in his first season and was reported as making several mistakes one was the penalty I can assure you this is fact.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Reid has ability and pace and he obviously needs a bollocking to keep him on top of his game I bet Johnson gave him an encouraging one before last night game as he looked a different player to what he was on Saturday.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I have never used Facebook or Twitter. I have never had, nor used, a mobile phone.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

wivelgull wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 16:08 I have never used Facebook or Twitter. I have never had, nor used, a mobile phone.
What are they then?
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Richinns wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 15:11 Wait.....Does this mean Harry Kane did not actually win the golden boot then?

I did not realise a successful penalty was not a goal!

Have you also gone through the other players in that top 8 and removed any penalties they may have converted?
:goodpost:
Lucy
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

wivelgull wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 16:08 I have never used Facebook or Twitter. I have never had, nor used, a mobile phone.
Excellent insight; thanks for sharing - my life is at least 17% more enriched for knowing that :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Woking 3-2 down at half time at Gloucester
They are certainly good at getting penalties
2 more tonight , expect they will get 2 more in the second half and win 4-3 Gerring og for Gloucester
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Got that right as they appeared to score their fourth in 90 + 4 minutes.

Incredible as they were losing 3-2 in the 87th minute.

They certainly seem to have had some luck this season with another two penalties tonight. I'm not too worried though. With all due respect to Gerring no team is going to win this league with him at centre half.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

brucie wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 00:35 A quality performance and St Albans were saved from a 10 - 1 shellacking by their excellent keeper.

I'm not sure whether St Albans were the worst side I have ever seen or they just couldn't live with us. Kalala was amazing. Janneh is quality.

And we did it minus Hall, Dickson and Edwards. Why start worrying about Concord Rangers. From what I've seen tonight they might as well not bother turning up.
Hang on, Brucie - let's not get too cocky. Most, if not all, St Albans players are part timers and so probably worked yesterday morning and got on a coach at 3 pm for the delightful journey down the M4/M5 and hitting Bristol just about total gridlock time. Like Rayzie, I heard that they arrived at Plainmoor after 7pm - hardly the ideal preparation for a match. It would help our cause if more games could be re-arranged for Tuesday nights! ;-)

According to Dave Thomas in today's Herald Express, Canvey Island - alias Concord Rangers - have a number of players with league experience in their side. They have the same number of points as us so I don't see it as an easy game. But I hope that I am proved wrong, Brucie.

A warning for Saturday - the main Torquay street and other roads are being closed from 4 pm for the Christmas procession (probably two floats and a few elves). So to those who usually leave via Castle Circus or Lymington Road - don't! I remember a couple of seasons ago when the procession co-incided with a home match. It was chaos trying to get out of Torquay.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Jack Midson always seems to score against us
but he must be about 47 by now
If we play like we did on Tuesday we will win
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I watched a few highlights of some of their games earlier in the season and their defence was shocking. See that they have signed Connor Essam from Dover who isn't a bad player.

Midsons gone downhill quicker than Franz Klammer.

They might have the same number of points as us but St Albans had more and they were worse than useless. HAvn't got much sympathy anyway - get to Bristol around rush hour and shock horror got stuck in traffic. Brought it upon themselves I'm afraid.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Listening to the chants of 'Reidy! Reidy!' I was reminded of one or two forgotten chants from the past, not least....'Oh! Willie, Willie; Willie, Willie, Willie, Willie, Willie Brown! And, of course, 'Ro-o-o-bin! Ro-o-o-bin!' Was there a Reg Wyatt chant?
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Reg Wyatt played in the days of 'Oggie, Oggie, Oggie' but I don't recall any player chants from the early 60s. I'm old enough to have chanted the 'Robin, Robin' one and, of course, a more recent one was about the very mobile Kevin Hill.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

gateman49 wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 17:56 . . . and, of course, a more recent one was about the very mobile Kevin Hill.
Was that the one similar to the Johnny Hore (Plymouth Argyle) one . . .

(8) He's 'ere, he's there,
(8) He's every ******* where . . . :whistle: :scarf: :O :rofl:

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"