Torquayunited v St Albans 13/11/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

There were some concerns over the state of the pitch ahead of last nights game, how was it looking and how did it play. Our passing game that I`m reading about will need a good surface to thrive on.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brucie wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 11:35 You just make yourself look a total buffoon with your constant sniping about Reid. Second top scorer in the league . Wrap up.
If this annoys you then don't visit the Yellow Army page on Facebook. Good God you get some cretins on there. Some cannot stand that Reid is doing so well and still try to justify their criticism of him with some truly bizarre 'knuckle dragging' thinking....

It is great to see Reid now playing with confidence and his right position and as an outcome giving it to the morons who have hunted him in the best possible way.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

culmstockgull wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 11:21 There was a doppelganger playing instead of Reid last night, as probably his fiercest critic who ever that was wearing his shirt was outstanding, first half they could not handle him, his runs wide were causing countless problems and he actually finished two good goals, If that was Reid then he needs drug testing because what ever he was on needs giving to the whole team, he was, what we pray he can produce each week but rarely see a forward, confident and a touch arrogant, long may it continue.
Aha, you've had a 'road to Damascus' moment and seen the light! Join the club!
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper

Post by gateman49 »

Launceston Gull wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 11:44 There were some concerns over the state of the pitch ahead of last nights game, how was it looking and how did it play. Our passing game that I`m reading about will need a good surface to thrive on.
It held up remarkably well and the passing game wasn't affected at all last night.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Yes a very satisfying 90mins at home, probably first game we have played well in both half and score should have been 6 or 7 really. Concorde will be a much tougher opposition for sure and had a good win last night and played well. The change in the space of a few weeks is amazing under Johnson. The whole club is buzzing now , fans even now looking forward to games at home.
Rayzie
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Liam Davis

Post by Rayzie »

A solid performance from the team last night and just what was required.It was great to see Reid take his goals so well as he drilled them in so low and acurate. Once we got the third goal it was all over and it was a shame we didn't get 5or 6 for our goal average. St. Albans did appear a fairly weak side but can anyone confirm they arrived not that long before kick off.
When Kalala was on the ball with space in front of him it proved what a good player he could be. If G.J. could get his defensive qualities up as well he could be suburb. Also Kiate is a good centre half in the making but has got to get his timing right on his heading from high balls.
I just hope we can keep Connor Evans until the end of the season!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Thanks Brucie for your constructive comments, If you take his penalty goals out of the equation he doesn't feature in the top eight scorers in the league, additionally if you see him week in and week out like I do then you can see why I and many others think his inconsistency is his Achilles heel, his talent and ability are not in doubt and that is why Johnson persists with him ahead of Williams who technically and on goals scored in his career is a far better player .
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper

Post by gateman49 »

culmstockgull wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 12:40 Williams who technically and on goals scored in his career is a far better player .
Perhaps, and sadly, one might say 'was' rather than 'is'
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

Suspect GJ will look towards a more physical type of forward than Williams, someone with a more robust presence up front.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Since Gary Johnson arrived Reid has been very consistent in performance and goalscoring
What do you want ? A hat-trick every game (with no penalties of course)
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Richinns wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 11:44 If this annoys you then don't visit the Yellow Army page on Facebook. Good God you get some cretins on there. Some cannot stand that Reid is doing so well and still try to justify their criticism of him with some truly bizarre 'knuckle dragging' thinking...
One of my friends added me to that Facebook group - it's pretty terrible. I should leave it, I feel my IQ diminishing every time I read a post there.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

I have no problems with Reid.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Whydoibother wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 12:04 Yes a very satisfying 90mins at home, probably first game we have played well in both half and score should have been 6 or 7 really. Concorde will be a much tougher opposition for sure and had a good win last night and played well. The change in the space of a few weeks is amazing under Johnson. The whole club is buzzing now , [highlight=yellow]fans even now looking forward to games at home[/highlight].
You should update your forum name accordingly!
TUST member 328
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

culmstockgull wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 12:40 Thanks Brucie for your constructive comments, [highlight=yellow]If you take his penalty goals out of the equation he doesn't feature in the top eight scorers in the league[/highlight], additionally if you see him week in and week out like I do then you can see why I and many others think his inconsistency is his Achilles heel, his talent and ability are not in doubt and that is why Johnson persists with him ahead of Williams who technically and on goals scored in his career is a far better player .
Wait.....Does this mean Harry Kane did not actually win the golden boot then?

I did not realise a successful penalty was not a goal!

Have you also gone through the other players in that top 8 and removed any penalties they may have converted?
TUST member 328
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

happytorq wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 13:50 One of my friends added me to that Facebook group - it's pretty terrible. I should leave it, I feel my IQ diminishing every time I read a post there.
Yeah - it is like a car crash - you cant help but look.

I have to limit my expose to it and when the anger rises just close it down and not bother interacting because I have tried doing that on occasions and the saying 'you can't fix stupid' applies!
TUST member 328