Torquayunited v Woking Fa Cup 1st round 10/11/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Bxm Foxy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Bxm Foxy »

Swindon away would have been a good away day to be fair!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Yeah, good day out but an unlikely winnable game imo, probably a game too far for us & a good tanking could have a negative effect on our league campaign.
Let's enjoy the mini cup run , we've put that ghost to rest at last, back to that important mission of getting back to the level we need to be at.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

As I said prior to the game, this season is all about one single objective, gaining promotion. More than happy with our league position as I'm sure we'll only improve under Johnson.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Southampton Gull wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 09:07 As I said prior to the game, this season is all about one single objective, gaining promotion. More than happy with our league position as I'm sure we'll only improve under Johnson.
I agree with that completely. I’d be very happy if we put out a weakened team at Basingstoke and go out of the FA Trophy. Getting out if this league is all that matters.
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

See Woking beat swindon in the FA cup,God forbid they get a big club in the next round.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Keeps their mind off league matches.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Beat me to it Nick. Firstly congratulations to them for getting through, however personally couldn't care less who they get, hopefully they'll get through to the 6th round and beyond, let their fixtures pile up nicely, the league is the biggest prize for us.
Formerly known as forevertufc
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

Nightrider wrote: 02 Dec 2018, 19:53 See Woking beat swindon in the FA cup,God forbid they get a big club in the next round.
why god forbid they get a big team? Who cares?

I would take promotion over a cup run and a payday any day of the week! I might add that the payday would only go towards settlement of the investment CO has made so not really bothered.

Just be happy for Woking... also be happy that they now have extra games to play in what is a very busy season for them!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Woking seem to have developed the habit of winning games despite being unimpressive.

Swindon had 62% possession. 8 shots to 2 off target. 3 shots to 1 on target. 15 corners to 3.

Predictably Woking scored from their only shot on target in the game!

Jak McCourt played for Swindon.
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

forevertufc wrote: 02 Dec 2018, 20:07 Beat me to it Nick. Firstly congratulations to them for getting through, however personally couldn't care less who they get, hopefully they'll get through to the 6th round and beyond, let their fixtures pile up nicely, the league is the biggest prize for us.
:goodpost: