Olaf Koszela

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Olaf Koszela

Post by portugull »

After scoring 36 goals for the Youth Team last season Olaf has already scored 29 goals this season and it is still early November.

In August I advocated Olaf getting his chance as he looked comfortable against Cardiff City in a PSF.

I am therefore delighted to read today in Devon Live that Gary Johnson has confirmed that Olaf will get his chance and that he is training regularly with the 1st Team and doing well.

I still believe if you are good enough you are old enough and Olaf looks to be an outstanding prospect at age 16. Well done Olaf. COYY.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'd say let Gary Johnson do what he does best. He'll be all over him like a rash anyway.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Baegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Baegull »

Definitely old enough if this report is a guide ...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46094403 Fernando Ovelar, 14, scores for Cerro Porteno in Paraguayan Superclasico
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Congratulations Olaf on you debut today even if it was 87th minute.
Would love to see you start on Tuesday just to see what you can do at this level.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Is he a relative of yours?

What I don't want to see on Tuesday is Johnson starting untried 16 years olds just to keep you happy. I'd much rather see the return of Opi Edwards and Asa Hall.
Ksgull123
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Williams

Post by Ksgull123 »

Disagree Bruce....... what is the point in keeping a 16 year old who quite clearly scores goals for fun a run out chance ... I would give him longer than 5 minutes or so....football is all about development and in view of his goal prowess give him a go.....
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

brucie wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 22:44 Is he a relative of yours?

What I don't want to see on Tuesday is Johnson starting untried 16 years olds just to keep you happy. I'd much rather see the return of Opi Edwards and Asa Hall.
How old was a certain Mr Lee Sharpe when he made his debut in a local derby against those nasty northerners up the road ?
I'll give you multiple choice answers to choose from
A) 16
B) 16
C) 16
And we bet the feckers too 1-0 J McNichol.
If GJ deems Olaf good enough then he's old enough in my book , that's why GJ's the gaffer.

Sharpy did alright for himself as well too, unless Alex Ferguson can't spot talent in your eyes brucie ?
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

I’d be very suprised if Olaf is even on the bench Tuesday, considering the under 18s are playing away to Maidenhead in the Fa cup
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Trouble is, for every Lee Sharpe there's an, Ashley Yeoman, Saul Halpin and Nial Thompson. there's no doubting Olaf Koszala has got the physical attributes, and he is scoring goals for fun at youth level, but converting that to senior level is easier said than done, some do, many don't.

I'm just glad in Gary Johnson we've got a manager with a good track record of knowing when and how to bring young players through, GJ is certainly a man who will 'not' be swayed by the locals or by anyone else, unlike some of our recent incumbents. No doubting this lads a talent with heaps of potential, managed correctly, given time and patience he could well push on, misused like some before and young lad could easily be wrecked before his career even starts, we have to trust Gary Johnsons judgement.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

forevertufc wrote: 11 Nov 2018, 01:21 Trouble is, for every Lee Sharpe there's an, Ashley Yeoman, Saul Halpin and Nial Thompson. there's no doubting Olaf Koszala has got the physical attributes, and he is scoring goals for fun at youth level, but converting that to senior level is easier said than done, some do, many don't.

I'm just glad in Gary Johnson we've got a manager with a good track record of knowing when and how to bring young players through, GJ is certainly a man who will 'not' be swayed by the locals or by anyone else, unlike some of our recent incumbents. No doubting this lads a talent with heaps of potential, managed correctly, given time and patience he could well push on, misused like some before and young lad could easily be wrecked before his career even starts, we have to trust Gary Johnsons judgement.
Well said but moreover if you don't buy a ticket you won't win the lottery will you ;-)
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Brucie just to reassure you I am not related to Olaf.
Just to repeat when a lad scores 65 goals in less than a season and a half even at youth level and trains with the first team he deserves a start.
Gary Johnson has confirmed Olaf will get his chance.
Just look at the clear chances we have missed this season. Olaf deserves a start and he will get it.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

portugull wrote: 11 Nov 2018, 16:44 Brucie just to reassure you I am not related to Olaf.
Just to repeat when a lad scores 65 goals in less than a season and a half even at youth level and trains with the first team he deserves a start.
Gary Johnson has confirmed Olaf will get his chance.
Just look at the clear chances we have missed this season. Olaf deserves a start and he will get it.
Brucie is right in my opinion. Teigngull writes about Lee Sharpe making his debut at age 16 but forgets that Cyril Knowles was very careful not to heap too much pressure on him at that age. I suspect that GJ will adopt the same course of action with young Olaf who looks to be a very promising prospect.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

I think Olaf will get his chance in the FA Trophy
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

portugull wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 20:38 Congratulations Olaf on you debut today even if it was 87th minute.
Would love to see you start on Tuesday just to see what you can do at this level.
It would be a huge boost to the club if he was given a starting place as I believe he would be a better choice up front at the moment but as a manager Johnson would need to see a little more of him playing at the standard and if we get in a commanding position in a game he might give him more game time.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 11 Nov 2018, 22:19 I think Olaf will get his chance in the FA Trophy
Unless he is called up by Poland (or has he registered as eligible for England).