Weston Super Mare v Torquay United 30/10/2018 ko 7.45

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Me too. I turned left up the M5 North.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

The club have now launched an investigation. I appreciate we have a few mindless idiots but can't help but feel that this is being highlighted more than Westons shambolic match arrangements
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

sgf wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 18:19 The club have now launched an investigation. I appreciate we have a few mindless idiots but can't help but feel that this is being highlighted more than Westons shambolic match arrangements
These little twats need weeding out & banned from all football grounds before one of them causes a major incident , laugh it you want, but I for one do not want this season to be remembered for the actions of some 20 yr old 'snowflake ' who thinks he can't be touched because of his ' human rights ' .
This is not the actions of a Torquay United Supporter it is the cowardly actions of a 'still wet behind the ears ' "nuffin to do wiv me" pathetic pratt at who would piss their pampers pull ups if they went to a football ground in Cardiff, Portsmouth, Millwall, West Ham etc etc, but in reality they wouldn't be within a mile of the ground on match day, would they ?
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

sgf wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 18:19 The club have now launched an investigation. I appreciate we have a few mindless idiots but can't help but feel that this is being highlighted more than Westons shambolic match arrangements
Westons shambolic match arrangements are irrelevant, a) they will probably never face that size away crowd again, and b) I managed to behave like a normal bloke trying to watch a football match in spite of the arrangements, so therefore it wasn't the arrangements that caused the behaviour. Some people seem to be downplaying the behaviour, but it really was atrocious in parts. If a bigger club came to Plainmoor and acted in that way we would be up in arms.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Weston super mare shambolic match arrangements are no excuse, but 'did' play a part, they have Wrexham home in the cup, they've got lessons to learn fast. No one's trying to play down, apart from the bin, there was nothing I saw that was so bad, nothing like Gloucester with the flares, a Gloucester steward punched and the drink throwing.
Formerly known as forevertufc
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

Kernowgull wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 19:58 Westons shambolic match arrangements are irrelevant, a) they will probably never face that size away crowd again, and b) I managed to behave like a normal bloke trying to watch a football match in spite of the arrangements, so therefore it wasn't the arrangements that caused the behaviour. Some people seem to be downplaying the behaviour, but it really was atrocious in parts. If a bigger club came to Plainmoor and acted in that way we would be up in arms.
As I said previously, I am not condoning the actions of a few idiots but the fact that they were in no way prepared for a crowd of that size does make it relevant.

Jesus, they even tried to stop people going for a piss during the game. One "steward" I saw was up late for a school night.

You are always going to get idiots in an away crowd of over a thousand. Proper crowd management was required and clearly lacking. That's why it's relevent
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

On a slightly lighter note,

Weston's goal keeper was "overheard" in the local gym tonight saying how he "didn't take any sh1t" from the Torquay fans and how he " sorted them out "

😂

Really enjoyed the match, first since Tea gate at Evesham which I didn't particularly enjoy,
Felt a draw, despite everything, was probably a fair result. Their best player IMO was their 10ft 11inch centre half, not sure who he was, didn't buy a programme, but above that level for sure.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

sgf wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 20:52 As I said previously, I am not condoning the actions of a few idiots but the fact that they were in no way prepared for a crowd of that size does make it relevant.

Jesus, they even tried to stop people going for a piss during the game. One "steward" I saw was up late for a school night.

You are always going to get idiots in an away crowd of over a thousand. Proper crowd management was required and clearly lacking. That's why it's relevent
P.S if you think that's atrocious, you clearly weren't at the Cardiff and wolves home games in the 80's :)
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Dave_Pougher wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 20:55 On a slightly lighter note,

Weston's goal keeper was "overheard" in the local gym tonight saying how he "didn't take any sh1t" from the Torquay fans and how he " sorted them out "

😂

Really enjoyed the match, first since Tea gate at Evesham which I didn't particularly enjoy,
Felt a draw, despite everything, was probably a fair result. Their best player IMO was their 10ft 11inch centre half, not sure who he was, didn't buy a programme, but above that level for sure.
He's Matt Bower, on loan from Cheltenham, and was head and shoulders their best player!
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

So I was at Fulham Bournemouth on Saturday with 25,000 others and no problems at all! Walked backed to Putney bridge train station with both sets of fans, no problems!!! So forward wind to Tuesday night to a national League south match between WSM and Torquay and and the only thing people are talking about is a few idiots that caused trouble. Wherever you go, a pub, club, football match there will be a few who's only intension is to cause trouble. Who's to blame? In my opinion WSM were absolutely not prepared for the size of crowd, in terms of facilities or stewarding! Unfortunately people will take advantage of this. As for the 'trouble' did anyone really feel their safety was threatened in the ground. I certainly did not.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

fred wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 22:54 So I was at Fulham Bournemouth on Saturday with 25,000 others and no problems at all! Walked backed to Putney bridge train station with both sets of fans, no problems!!! So forward wind to Tuesday night to a national League south match between WSM and Torquay and and the only thing people are talking about is a few idiots that caused trouble. Wherever you go, a pub, club, football match there will be a few who's only intension is to cause trouble. Who's to blame? In my opinion WSM were absolutely not prepared for the size of crowd, in terms of facilities or stewarding! Unfortunately people will take advantage of this. As for the 'trouble' did anyone really feel their safety was threatened in the ground. I certainly did not.
100% correct on both counts - it was hardly Green Street!!!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

The fact is this is becoming a regular thing with our good name attached to it, Eastleigh last season , Gloucester & now Weston Super Mare items thrown into the pitch, it's not good enough, these morons need to be brought to ight so they can be judged by their peers.
I was there that night vs wolves , me & 3 others used to catch the train to torre & then used to walk from plainmoor to Torquay stn for the last & only available train if I recall correctly was around 23:00 give or take a few minutes, not that night though we walked home to Shaldon/Teignmouth via the Maidencombe bends & coastal road, got a hiding from the wolves mob & another when we got home from the old man for walking a dangerous road at night & I was 20 then. (08/11/87). It was the last sat night kick off for ever it seems & the club brought in ID cards for the rest of the season & awful 3pm ko's .
There are people out there who know these imbeciles, do the right thing & name & shame them.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Teigngull wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 23:59 There are people out there who know these imbeciles, do the right thing & name & shame them.
I agree; and at the same time forecast you will see them again at Truro (if they are allowed back in their own ground by then) Chippenham and Bath...nowhwere else for the simple reason it's too far away for them...

They do need to be eradicated and this is what you get thanks to the Andy Full's and Matt Parkman's of this world ~ so called adults who began the nonsnse at Slough and Gloucester City respectively. There's two names; have the Club banned them? Who would know becasue they haven't made it public if they have.

Their conduct only puts a risk the freedoms and enjoyment we've enjoyed being in this level of the game his season, and it started at Wealdstone with segregation and exclusion from their social club and one of the pubs nearest the ground. Now the Wealdstone fans forum is crowing that their decision to segregate 'was right' in the light of what happened at Weston.
http://www.wealdstonefc.co.uk/forum/vie ... 9e147268cc

None of the measures there would have been put in place were it not for what happened at Evesham and some idiot from within our support ringing them up and asking for segregation. Yes; believe it or not there are those amongst our support who do want segregation and restrictions.
Bxm Foxy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Bxm Foxy »

Very cowardly throwing things at players, officials, other fans etc. Disappointing behaviour from on the whole, a very well behaved set of fans.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Just to clarify one point: was it 'teagate' or 'coffeegate' at Evesham?