Winchester City- sore losers?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Winchester City- sore losers?

Post by midtable »

It was reported on the podcast National Obsession that TUFC gave Winchester a signed football as a goodwill gesture. Instead of putting it in a display cabinet or raffling it for charity, they apparently kicked it off the coach as a way to mock TUFC and put the video on Twitter.
I assume this is true but has anyone seen the video? I can't find it online but these things tend to be deleted if it causes a fuss.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Not seen anything locally about it but we have a member on here that supports Winchester City as his second club so he might be able to shed some light on it.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Having been there last year and seen some of their behaviour that day I wouldn't be surprised.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

I Don't think there was a video, but there was a tweet by wcfc staff about volleying it off of the coach. There manager was also a bit assy about the officials, and hasn't came up with a single compliment for a Gulls side who absolutely bossed the game from start to finish, all a bit sour grapes.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Goes with the territory I'm afraid, it's the Hampshire attitude too far east to be classed as a ' fik yokel ' but alas too far west to disassociate themselves with the ' fik yokels' as well.
Sad .
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Teigngull wrote: 26 Oct 2018, 12:06 Goes with the territory I'm afraid, it's the Hampshire attitude too far east to be classed as a ' fik yokel ' but alas too far west to disassociate themselves with the ' fik yokels' as well.
Sad .
Good god you are a moron.....
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Davo8
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Davo8 »

I was just pointed out about this thread which I need to have put to bed!

In no way shape or form would we ever or would I ever tolerate having the ball volleyed off the coach and was brought home with us, our lads tongue in cheek signed a ball of our own to give back which was all good humoured, also I have said several times in the press and also on our website and on recorded interviews how good a side Torquay are and that you blew us away in a 10 minute spell after we had frustrated you.

By the way, the anger at the officials was not about decisions particularly was the disrespect shown towards my players and staff when repeatedly told to ‘enjoy the day’ which is totally unnecessary, if you hopefully get a good draw in later rounds and play a bigger club and your players are told that by the officials I have no doubt Gary Johnson would feel equally disrespected!

Anyway, just wanted to put that record straight, I was highly impressed with your side, sadly we played you with Gary having got you going again which made it a bridge way to far for us as a really low budget side in our league. The money made in our cup run has given us 30 weeks worth of playing budget, so that puts it into perspective.

Good luck for the remainder of the season which I know will be hugely successful.

Davo (winchester city manager)
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Good on you for posting a reply. Just underlines the camaraderie that exists in non-league football.
Davo8
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Davo8 »

My pleasure, I was saddened to hear that rumour and also apologise if anyone felt I was being assy, it was in no way aimed at Torquay who I felt were outstanding and class as a club throughout.

All the very best for the season which we will be hoping for success for you!
Last edited by Davo8 on 26 Oct 2018, 13:41, edited 1 time in total.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Richinns wrote: 26 Oct 2018, 12:38 Good god you are a moron.....
He is but it's funny to read. Small man syndrome at its best 😉
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Thanks for the kind words Craig. Good luck for the rest of the season, I'll hopefully get to a few of your games before the season is over.
Dave

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Richinns wrote: 26 Oct 2018, 12:38 Good god you are a moron.....
Heh heh heh, glad you're jumping on the band wagon too, your fellow brethren will be pleased.
Regards M.O. Ron.
:yellow:
Davo8
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Davo8 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 26 Oct 2018, 13:27 Thanks for the kind words Craig. Good luck for the rest of the season, I'll hopefully get to a few of your games before the season is over.
Please do, let me know if you do and stop me for a chat if get chance.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Davo8 wrote: 26 Oct 2018, 13:40 Please do, let me know if you do and stop me for a chat if get chance.
For sure. Always look out for your results as I remember the days when City were one of the leading clubs in the area so it's nice to see you back in the Southern League.

For the record, we've had that treatment a few times ourselves so I totally get your frustration with the officials. Hopefully the Club and fans showed you the respect you deserve.
Dave

Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Top man for coming on here and putting the record straight. Good luck with the rest of your season.