Wealdstone V Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Missed this one as we’re in Torquay for the week but another great result and have just informed my wife I’m coming back down next week for the Billericay game. Win that and the 25-1 odds that some of us took up before the Woking game will be looking very good indeed.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Well done the team - well done Mr Reid in particular - well done the supporters and thanks for the updates - 0-3 that is . . . Bedtime
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

As soon as GJ became manager, I predicted that we would go on to win this league. It's looking more and more likely and I'm sticking with that!

GJ's Yellow Army!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

standupsitdown wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 17:23 Missed this one as we’re in Torquay for the week but another great result and have just informed my wife I’m coming back down next week for the Billericay game. Win that and the 25-1 odds that some of us took up before the Woking game will be looking very good indeed.
Agreed, my £20 at 25/1 is looking promising... GJ Yellow Army!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

A stunning win particularly as we had most of our midfield missing. I'm going to Weston Tuesday night and it looks like we will have massive support there.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

See you there, Terry. First beer is on you ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Nightrider wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 17:07 Is that why ur called gloomy gull? :lol:
:goodpost: :clap: =D =D
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Great result, we'll done all.
Formerly known as forevertufc
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

Another very enjoyable away day. Torquay finished the game so strongly, they could have scored another 3 goals, at least. Great character from Jamie Reid after having his penalty saved in the first half. A superb turnout from the Yellow Army.
Great to see Gary Johnson's fist pump at the end of the game.
Next......
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Great result will be there on Tuesday my old club.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

I'll be there Tuesday and thoroughly excited. Very easy one for me as work in Clevedon.

Anyone know if there are any boozers near the ground that Gulls fans will be in before the game?
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Forest gull »

Well said Kernow, which pub will the yellow army be taking over?
Bobbytanz
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by Bobbytanz »

Being based in WSM the nearest pub to the ground is the New Walnut Tree on Winterstoke Road. Just been refurbed but not sure how welcoming it will be !!!

I suggest that no one tries any pub on the Bourneville Estate (known as the Bronx)

Another pub option is the Dolphin Inn in Uphill, a taxi ride away but landlord is a friend and will be welcoming I’m sure. I can see if he is happy to host the Yellow Army if required

See you there
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

An excellent result today as most would have taken a point before. However we were never at our best, Wealdstone were disappointing and despite a missed penalty once we had taken the lead we rarely looked like conceding. Our keeper had very few shots to save. We have some lacy attacking players but very young and like in Winchester match do try to walk it in rather than having a shot. Plenty will be at Weston now and Billericay on Sat 😁
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Healing underway as winning returns to a rejuvenated Torquay United. Today's match can be best described as 'clinically executed'. Wealdstone did try to put their best foot forward but Gary Johnson team tactics are clear and uncomplicated, and Wealdstone had nothing to combat our technically polished playing style. GJ has set new standards in winning. The team spirit appears to be surprisingly harmonious as the players look happy to share their glory and taking genuine pleasure in each other's achievements.

Big shout out for Ryan Dickson whose creativity in midfield opened up play to the extent that it kept Wealdstone on the backfoot for large parts of the game. Also look out for the highlights of the first goal - it was a gem!