Torquay united V Winchester city 20/10/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Conor Evans back for this one after scoring 2 for wales.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I've been told that Winchester City will be no push overs and we will have to be at our best to beat them.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Level at half time perhaps after going behind, but we’ll win by two to three clear goals by the end is my guess. Reid to continue his scoring run. Attendance 1423.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Jerry wrote: 18 Oct 2018, 12:01 The excellent Torquayfanstats tells us that Sammy Collins scored hat-tricks on 27/08/55 & 07/09/55 which could possibly have been consecutive games. And Collins again on 24/12/55 & 31/12/55.

edit: just checked Soccerbase and no these weren't in consecutive games.

https://www.torquayfanstats.com/hat-tricks

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.s ... bs=results

So maybe Marlow in the Western League in 1927? 10 days between the two games but they may have been consecutive.
Sadly not, we lost 3-1 away at Bristol Rovers reserves in the middle, but it was 2 in 3 games. Both of those for Sammy Collins were 2 in 4 games due to the volume of games.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Rjc70 wrote: 18 Oct 2018, 14:51 Level at half time perhaps after going behind, but we’ll win by two to three clear goals by the end is my guess. Reid to continue his scoring run. [highlight=yellow]Attendance 1423.[/highlight]
Double that I would suspect....
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Bxm Foxy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Bxm Foxy »

Goodbye Horse haha. I sing it in the showers after cricket in the summer most weekends!!!
One man went to mow was a Chelsea song wasn't it? One man and his dog, Spot???
Used to sing celery on the Pop side too.
Road2League2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: The Lemon

Post by Road2League2 »

Can honestly see Reidy stepping out and bagging a few on Saturday the form he’s in. If his form continued and money offers starting come in, would he stay?
ROAD TO LEAGUE 2 :keepie:
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

I'm pleased that Reidy has started to hit form, I really am. But hang on a minute, he has still a very long way to go before other clubs will take a look at him. Dont get carried away. He has to be consistant over a long sustained period. Can he keep up this level of performance in the national league for example? I have my doubts. But, If he bangs in the goals that get us promoted and a better offer comes in, good luck to him.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I will be surprised if we get less than 2,000. A 4-0 win and 2,099 inside Plainmoor. Expecting a good performance from a group of guys who are now enjoying their football and will be all out to please the gaffer.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

If we get an early goal this could be a high scoring win. On thing is for sure, Winchester are no mugs and we must give them every respect. A great opportunity for Jamie to continue his recent goal scoring exploits! COYY
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Gary Johnson mentioned that Jason Banton, Chris Regis and André Wright are available but are currently training with other clubs in an effort to secure new contracts away from Plainmoor. Not unexpected news. 5 subs without them. Potentially 7 allowed. Sendles-White out for 5/6 weeks. Wynter recovered from virus.

MacDonald, Burton; Essuman, Koue Niate, Cameron, Edwards, Hall, Kalala, Lemonheigh-Evans, Andrews, Davis, Reid, Janneh, Williams, Keating, Wynter, Banton, Regis, Wright.
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

I see Radio Devon are covering this game, cheeky twats! I will listen in to the club commo, **** RD! Not that I'm bitter or twisted.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Gulliball wrote: 18 Oct 2018, 15:27 Sadly not, we lost 3-1 away at Bristol Rovers reserves in the middle, but it was 2 in 3 games. Both of those for Sammy Collins were 2 in 4 games due to the volume of games.
Not consecutive hat tricks but in 1964/65 Robin Stubbs scored in 10 of 11 consecutive league and FA Cup games netting 16 times. Now that is consistency from a striker. He must have had an off day in one of those games (though we did win away!).
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I think the famous, portly striker, Carl Airey has the record for scoring in the most consecutive games (around 89/90).
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

hector wrote: 20 Oct 2018, 10:59 I think the famous, portly striker, Carl Airey has the record for scoring in the most consecutive games (around 89/90).
Jointly with Sam Collins (1954/55). 7 consecutive games. Robin Stubbs never managed that although I reckon scoring in 10 out of 11 consecutive games is a reasonable effort! ;-)