Eastbourne Borough v Torquayunited 13/10/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Eastbourne Borough v Torquayunited 13/10/18

Post by lucy6lucy »

The Gary Johnson appointment has certainly made an impact . It really isn't rocket science but when you employ a manager that has expertise in management of players, we suddenly win matches and score goals. The negative people will say he has had easy games, the positive person will say he has nailed it. Regardless, of opinions we have to be winning these games. 2-0 Torquayunited
Lucy
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

I hope so. If we were to lose this one, I will be subject to an enormous amount of ridicule at work!! £13 to get in, no extra for seats. I have been reliably informed to give the burgers a miss. If travelling by car you might see a sign for Langley Sports, do follow this, as this is their original name.
The nearest train station is Pevensey and Westham on the Hastings line from Eastbourne. 10 minute walk. Bus from Eastbourne railway station will take about 30 mins. There is supposed to be parking at the ground, but how much I am not sure, as I've only ever used public transport before. Oh, and by the way, it is a plastic pitch! The clubhouse is open to all! It is great to be going to an away game and being home in under 45 mins.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

Should anyone need a lift from Heathrow area let me know. It will be a tough game, but confidence will be high. An early goal will be most welcome!
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

According to their website there is parking for 400 vehicles! very good directions (better than mine) are available on their website!
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

grockle wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 10:53 According to their website there is parking for 400 vehicles! very good directions (better than mine) are available on their website!
I seriously doubt that figure having tried to park there on numerous occasions (mind you, I'm one of those that turn up 5 minutes before kick-off and expect a place to be waiting for me). However, plenty of street parking just outside the ground and it's all flat... no hills. Me, well I'll be parking just across the road on wifey's aunt's drive.... just hope she valets it whilst I'm watching Jamie Reid bag another one in which must be the biggest turn around in form I've ever witnessed. Start of the season he was sh*te (along with a lot of others before the 'I Love Jamie Reid' brigade get too excited) but having someone in charge who actually knows (so far) how to get the best out of his players, it's actually a pleasure watching United at the moment (didn't think I'd ever use 'pleasure' and 'watching United' in the same sentence ever again!)...

Langney Sports 1 United 3 (Reid hatrick... only kidding)
Attendance: 1,002
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

5-0 with goals for Reid, Lemonhaigh-Evans and a newbie
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Sadly Lemonheigh-Evans can't play as he's on Wales Under-21 duty.
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

Going to miss him against Eastbourne,will need to perform for 90 minutes rather than the 45 minutes against Woking to beat them,they are a decent side :scarf:
kevinanderson
New Signing
New Signing

Post by kevinanderson »

Safe travelling to you all, and we're really looking forward to making you welcome.

http://www.ebfc.co.uk/teams/21890/news/ ... 56659.html

All good wishes!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I think we will win: 0-2.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Looking forward to the to the game, not the journey up or back though . Several hours both way but a decent performance from the Gulls will help.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

We are now 16/1 to win the league from 25/1 , 2 weeks ago.🤔
Lucy
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

We must win this game
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

lucy6lucy wrote: 12 Oct 2018, 23:59 We are now 16/1 to win the league from 25/1 , 2 weeks ago.🤔
Interesting what affects the odds

Slapped a fiver on at 25/1 as soon as Gary Johnson signed, not knowing what the odds were previously.
The cash out was 0.35p immediately, this increased to massive £1.25 on our recent FAcup wins and league draw.
Yesterday the cash out jumped too £3:18 yesterday following the signing.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

See you all in the Langley Sports Bar at the ground. Only up the road for me, so easy trip. Bloody windy, will not be easy this one. Let's get behind the boys. COYY. . .