Eastbourne Borough v Torquayunited 13/10/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Minneapolisgull wrote: 14 Oct 2018, 17:13 One more question is this all still Osbourne great plan to destroy Torquay?????
Afraid so - but for now lets all enjoy the football.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Minneapolisgull wrote: 14 Oct 2018, 17:17 Fantastic odds, A great bet.
Well, I can tell you that I, likewise, had a little flutter before the Woking game (blame the “Johnson effect”) on us at 25-1 before the Woking game and although we didn’t win that game and ultimately dropped into the bottom half of the table as a result - I was still surprised that on the Sunday when I looked again, our odds (with Bet 365) had drifted out even further to 33-1 ... so, even though I am in no way “a betting man” I couldn’t resist another flutter! So, I am really quite surprised to see our odds drop quite so dramatically after the wins against Brightlingsea and now Eastbourne - to the extent that, at least with some bookies, we are now 4th favourites behind Billericay, Woking and Welling! I certainly see them (along with perhaps Bath City) as our biggest threats - but those three are certainly our biggest challengers as things stand. I just hope that, if we cant win it, we at least manage a top 3 finish (for obvious reasons) as my bets were on an each way basis.

Come on you Gulls :scarf:
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

33/1 and payout on top 3 finish, I sense a big a party at your place come end of April.
Footnote if you ever see odd like that please let me know!!
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

kevinanderson wrote: 14 Oct 2018, 14:13 Match highlights are here -

There will be a shorter version on the National League site.
I presume that is you, interviewing Jamie Howell at the end. How nice to put a picture to a name!
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

ShropGull wrote: 14 Oct 2018, 15:10 ... and more photos from the match here:

https://www.ppauk.com/event/Eastbourne- ... -Oct-2018/
I am afraid that is me on no.2043045,( wearing the ill fitting shirt! ). If you see me at a match in future, please introduce yourself, I do not bite!
My next match will probably be Wealdstone. Hopefully see some of you there!!
kevinanderson
New Signing
New Signing

Post by kevinanderson »

grockle wrote: 15 Oct 2018, 11:22 I presume that is you, interviewing Jamie Howell at the end. How nice to put a picture to a name!
Yes Grockle, I cannot tell a lie. I do keep asking cameraman Graham (who does all the hard work on these videos) to film my good side but....