Eastbourne Borough v Torquayunited 13/10/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
YorkshireGully
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reidy

Post by YorkshireGully »

Road2League2 wrote: 13 Oct 2018, 17:03 YorkshireGully and his camper van strike again with an unreserved tidal wave of truth. You’ve got a point Yorky, painful to see everyone singing his praises just weeks after he was jeered off the pitch and eventually Twitter #COYY #JR
yes sad when he had to leave Twitter because of abuse from Some Gulls. Anyway massive result COYY :scarf:
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

YorkshireGully wrote: 13 Oct 2018, 16:57 Everyone wanted Reidy out couple months ago look at you all now. Come on Reidy. COYY. :scarf:
I wanted him out because his attitude and performance levels were shocking. The turn around is remarkable and goes to show that a good manager can bring the very best out in anyone.

Well done Jamie Reid and Gary Johnson, keep it going!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 13 Oct 2018, 17:01
The difference when you have a proper manager - i'm sure you'd agree Teign-I <3 G.O -gull
I couldn't agree more my fellow fan,
The thing is I will always give whoever occupies the manager's chair my complete 100% backing no matter who.
Some will disagree with my supportiveness others will pat me on the back for doing so.
It's all subjective isn't it, the time was right for GO to go.
The king is dead, long live the king ........
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Finally we have a proper manager
YorkshireGully
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by YorkshireGully »

kevgull wrote: 13 Oct 2018, 17:10 I wanted him out because his attitude and performance levels were shocking. The turn around is remarkable and goes to show that a good manager can bring the very best out in anyone.

Well done Jamie Reid and Gary Johnson, keep it going!
kev let me quote you 18th July. Reidy won't get us anyway near playoffs. I think he deserves an apology COYY :scarf:
Road2League2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: The Lemon

Post by Road2League2 »

YorkshireGully wrote: 13 Oct 2018, 17:16 kev let me quote you 18th July. Reidy won't get us anyway near playoffs. I think he deserves an apology COYY :scarf:
ROAD TO LEAGUE 2 :keepie:
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

YorkshireGully wrote: 13 Oct 2018, 17:16 kev let me quote you 18th July. Reidy won't get us anyway near playoffs. I think he deserves an apology COYY :scarf:
If he can double his tally he’ll get one, until then he’s only just addressed some of his extremely poor performances.
Last edited by kevgull on 13 Oct 2018, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

A very long way to go but at last we do seem to be on the right road!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

With you on that one kevgull, consistency is key, something that we have just not seen from any of our forwards unless being consistently goal shy counts ?
YorkshireGully
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by YorkshireGully »

kevgull wrote: 13 Oct 2018, 17:24 If he can double his tally he’ll get one, until then he’s only just addressed some of his extremely poor performances.

6. In 3. ? COYY. :scarf:
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

YorkshireGully wrote: 13 Oct 2018, 17:30
6. In 3. ? COYY. :scarf:
8 in 5.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

After that result I bet the team are buzzing..... and confidence must be sky high.
Well done GJ, staff and players for an amazing turnaround. :bow: :clap:
Just shows what happens when you have a proven manager in charge.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

YorkshireGully
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by YorkshireGully »

Rjc70 wrote: 13 Oct 2018, 17:31 8 in 5. Haha even better nice one Come on Reidy COYY :scarf:
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Just got back, today's att 929. approx100 tufc fans behind goal, others sat in stand and standing on other side. Boro probably shaded 1st half, but 2nd half, what a difference. Jamie thoroughly deserved his goals, and Jakes equalizer was a cracker. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Have now got bragging rights at work on Monday. More of the same, please.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

I only listened in so cannot comment first hand, but it didn’t sound like it was a particularly decent display. That said, it is always a true reflection of a promotion pushing side that you are able to pick up points even when you aren’t at your best!!