The appraisal is now done

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

The appraisal is now done

Post by Teigngull »

[s]![/s]Gary Johnson's first month is about to be up and he has perused & appraised the squad. He has told Regis he will not stand in way, or in other words " find another club as you won't feature as long as Im here ".
Who else do you think will be 'surplus to requirements' ?
Bawling ? Banton ? Sokolik ? Will contracts be mutually ended i.e. Gowling, Pittman ? To open up room for other signings.
No matter who goes or who stays or eventually comes in its going to be exciting times , I for one cannot wait bring it on.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Does seem that way, Devonlive suggesting new signings next week.

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/torquay ... ct-2075793
Formerly known as forevertufc
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

forevertufc wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 21:16 Does seem that way, Devonlive suggesting new signings next week.

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/torquay ... ct-2075793
Can't read it, always covered with bloody full page advert.
But for the record, I hope Jamie Reid continues with this rich vein of goal scoring as GJ seems to have given him a new lease of life.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Following the news about Regis, I can’t see Wright, Banton and Bawling lasting much longer either.
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

It’s a big shame about these players and how is it there careers have spiralled downhill so quickly... for the size that a Chris Regis is he could of been a great box to box midfielder, in all the games I’ve seen him in though he has been completely ineffective, I can’t see why Gary Owers was so excited to sign him.... after that build up I was expecting a lot more..
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

this is music to my ears and proves all along what we have needed for such a long time.

who actually thinks that owers ever watched any of these players, for one i hope he brings in a right back as wynter isn't up to the job he is poor and really are missing that link.

the players listed, regis, banton, bawling can all go, they have showed nothing and clearly their attitude stinks.

wright is only signed till January and can see him going, i'm very surprised of his downward spiral....

if Johnson and his bro can bring in the type of player we need i am very excited and feel positive for once in such a long time.

i personally would like to see willimas get a start tomorrow but again another one with an attitude problem and wouldn't surprise me if Johnson gets rid of him, he is clearly making space (regis leaving) to play the Bristol city lad in the middle who is a ball player and someone who can link up with the others. watch this space to see who he brings in... hopefully nicky maynard lol
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

I think what is apparent within the club pre GJ & bro is that absolutely NO due.diligence was done with player recruitment of retainment for that matter, Gary Owers inherited a crap squad of perennial under achievers garnered together by ( at best ) a wet behind the ears manager way out of his depth, & then managed to end up with the worst ever team to represent the good name of Torquay United by signing anyone & everyone who was available in the hope he would stumble across a solution & ended up catapulting us into the abyss & ultimate failure, & unbelievably was given a second bite at cherry , shocking decision from GH et al, should we have expected any different ?
Time will tell, but at least there is no transfer window at our level, let's hope GJ is given carte Blanche & there is no interference from those who don't know.r
There is a view that a fair few of this squad will be dispensed with by the time this season comes to end.
The sooner the better
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Interesting to read the DevonLive link - but oh! Those bloody endless adverts trying to sell us crap we don't want!
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Adverts are very annoying! Scroll down and click 'skip survey' the best you can do
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

smw89 wrote: 05 Oct 2018, 09:03 It’s a big shame about these players and how is it there careers have spiralled downhill so quickly... for the size that a Chris Regis is he could of been a great box to box midfielder, in all the games I’ve seen him in though he has been completely ineffective, I can’t see why Gary Owers was so excited to sign him.... after that build up I was expecting a lot more..
I couldn't agree more, and with all due respect to Chris, his lack of creativity has been very apparent, (body language not great too!). I wish him all the very best, if he moves on. It hasn't worked. There is no way GJ will take any prisoners..... :goodpost:
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

knightmaregull wrote: 05 Oct 2018, 11:09 Adverts are very annoying! Scroll down and click 'skip survey' the best you can do
Devon Live and News Now Torquay, whilst being very informative drive me mad, too, with 'Popups' etc etc. Agh!!
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Those on here who are plagued by adverts on DevonLive and other sites, why don't you try the following:

https://getadblock.com/

It's changed my life, well not quite but at lease I can now get to the end of a Herald Express/Devonlive article!
Rayzie
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Liam Davis

Post by Rayzie »

I agree with the previous comments about the current squad. Gary Owers cost himself his job mainly through a lot of his poor
signings which left the team so weak in depth.Bawling, Benton,Regis, Wright and yes Wynter IMO seem such below average players. Did anyone really see them play or did Owers just take a chance. They now all have contracts and will be hard to move
on because who will want them?
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

budegull1954 wrote: 05 Oct 2018, 12:18 Those on here who are plagued by adverts on DevonLive and other sites, why don't you try the following:

https://getadblock.com/

It's changed my life, well not quite but at lease I can now get to the end of a Herald Express/Devonlive article!
Nice one :bow:
Lucy
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

It works! Brilliant! I've been looking for something like this for years. Well done, Mr Budegull!