Pete Johnson

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Pete Johnson

Post by dennisk »

Gary Johnson's brother, (Pete Johnson), comes on-board, to find and source new players, he is one that knows potential talent, in accordance with GJ's needs, as his track record proves. Expect some exiting signings as the weeks and months pass. He has worked with his brother at Cheltenham, Yeovil and other clubs managed by GJ.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

That sounds promising, getting in someone with a proven track record and trusted by the manager.
It just goes to show how shambolic the Nicholson/Owers/Hedges/Harrop set up was. What I'd like to know is why has it taken Clarke Osbourne so long to get a proper managerial team together and what the hell was he thinking when he appointed the first managerial team.
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

An almost inevitable move, seing as Gary and Peter follow each other job to job.

One player the pair will know and scouted is Dan Holman.

Now at Aldershot, after poor spells at Boreham Wood & Leyton Orient and not being EFL standard for Cheltenham. Gary was his manager and Peter scouted him at Cheltenham/Woking. 30 goals in that season
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Not a bad shout as he’s not getting much game time at Aldershot at the moment. His goal scoring since that showreel has tailed off to a large extent, mind.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Clarke Osborne why wasn't this high profile managerial coup put in place from day 1 of your regime or at least when you/harrop sacked Nicholson and hired the out of depth Owers. If we don't get promotion this season there is something wrong. Great appointment though.
Lucy
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

To be fair, the Owers/Kuhl partnership looked good on paper - A young managerial team who had cut their teeth at a lower level and looked ready to make the step up. Bare in mind that Osborne had zero knowledge of the sport, let alone the professional game and Harrop's experience had all been in youth football. That it took so long to make the appointment was bad, but given the situation of having such a lack of experience around the place it's no big surprise.
It's all hindsight now but I imagine with that Osborne would probably have appointed an experienced football person from the beginning rather than waiting over a year to realise he needed one.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

PhilGull wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 10:49 To be fair, the Owers/Kuhl partnership looked good on paper - A young managerial team who had cut their teeth at a lower level and looked ready to make the step up. Bare in mind that Osborne had zero knowledge of the sport, let alone the professional game and Harrop's experience had all been in youth football. That it took so long to make the appointment was bad, but given the situation of having such a lack of experience around the place it's no big surprise.
It's all hindsight now but I imagine with that Osborne would probably have appointed an experienced football person from the beginning rather than waiting over a year to realise he needed one.
Fair comment.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

Not sure placing Harrop into the role of club secretary ,or at least giving him some of those duties,alongside Patrick Tinkler ,strengthens the backroom staff. Surely would have been better to appoint someone externally,properly qualified and experienced in the role.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

From what I understand, George Edwards is the man running the show now, who has experience from Bristol Rovers(?)

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

PhilGull wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 13:12 From what I understand, George Edwards is the man running the show now, who has experience from Bristol Rovers(?)
George Edwards was a director at Chorley FC.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

torregull wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 13:00 Not sure placing Harrop into the role of club secretary ,or at least giving him some of those duties,alongside Patrick Tinkler ,strengthens the backroom staff. Surely would have been better to appoint someone externally,properly qualified and experienced in the role.
I thought Patrick Tinkler resigned recently.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

It was Tim Herbert who resigned.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

torregull wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 14:01 It was Tim Herbert who resigned.
My bad.
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

PhilGull wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 10:49 To be fair, the Owers/Kuhl partnership looked good on paper - A young managerial team who had cut their teeth at a lower level and looked ready to make the step up.
Funny, all I saw was a middle-aged journeyman who had left his original club having achieved nothing for a club where he achieved nothing, only to return to the original club where he achieved...nothing. Harsh, but true, a stance this club needs to be taking more. GJ has a history of achievement and exceeding expectations, THAT is what we need.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

madgull wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 19:08 Funny, all I saw was a middle-aged journeyman who had left his original club having achieved nothing for a club where he achieved nothing, only to return to the original club where he achieved...nothing. Harsh, but true, a stance this club needs to be taking more. GJ has a history of achievement and exceeding expectations, THAT is what we need.
I agree, but Gary Johnson is the best manager in terms of a CV we have appointed in many years. In recent history two of our most successful managers - Buckle and Rosenior - were inexperienced newbies. When was the last time a manager was appointed to universal acclaim like GJ?

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084