Torquay United V Woking - 29/09/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

gateman49 wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 23:00 Either a 'fair weather fan' who isn't even sure what colour shirts we wear or didn't buy a programme.
Hmmn...I'd say a **** who can't come to terms with names that 'sound a bit foreign'.

The young lad comes from Gambia ~ what does he expect him to be called; Bill Smith?
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

merse btpir wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 23:22 Hmmn...I'd say a **** who can't come to terms with names that 'sound a bit foreign'.

The young lad comes from Gambia ~ what does he expect him to be called; Bill Smith?
Plenty of info on existing & new players available on this forum, BTPIR, tufc tv well in advance & if you wait til next week Devon live may let the rest of the s, devon public in on the news !
So no excuses not to be well informed.
P.s. " Come on you YELLOWS " is a clue if you struggled to work out the home team
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Teigngull wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 00:19 Plenty of info on existing & new players available on this forum, BTPIR, tufc tv well in advance & if you wait til next week Devon live may let the rest of the s, devon public in on the news !
So no excuses not to be well informed.
P.s. " Come on you YELLOWS " is a clue if you struggled to work out the home team
Given your earlier remarks on this thread I would have thought you were the last person to give advice in what one should know.
Mo Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Mo Gull »

Can anyone tell me who 23 is for us? He looked terrible for us in the highlights. Is that fair? He missed some sitters, but then did some awful passes too. As I say, I've not seen us this season and can only work from details on here and the highlights.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 08:13 Given your earlier remarks on this thread I would have thought you were the last person to give advice in what one should know.
?, please explain yourself, I'm at a loss to where you feel I'm at odds with my remarks, in your opinion, As an extremely loyal fan of 40+ years I think I'm entitled to an opinion no matter how controversial it may be.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Mo Gull wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 08:43 Can anyone tell me who 23 is for us? He looked terrible for us in the highlights. Is that fair? He missed some sitters, but then did some awful passes too. As I say, I've not seen us this season and can only work from details on here and the highlights.
Saikou Janneh, as mentioned earlier in the thread. Played his part in turning the match in our favour, through his pace and enthusiasm. Definitely should have notched but showed enough for me to think he will be a good loan signing. One telling moment was when he vaulted two barriers to get the ball back in play during the dying moments; passion and commitment, we've lacked those qualities for a while now.
TUST number 080
Uberwozza-san
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Uberwozza-san »

Hmmn...I'd say a **** who can't come to terms with names that 'sound a bit foreign'.”

I live abroad. This was my first home game of the season. I don’t buy programmes. Names not on shirts anymore. I asked the board what his name was and get called a ****

And people wonder why forums get a bad rep

The only **** is you merse, and a thick one at that
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Teigngull wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 08:53
?, please explain yourself, I'm at a loss to where you feel I'm at odds with my remarks, in your opinion, As an extremely loyal fan of 40+ years I think I'm entitled to an opinion no matter how controversial it may be.
I'm referring to you standing on a golf course in Paris slagging off the team including the player who must have scored the very moment you hit the submit button.
At least the guy who slagged off Janneh was actually at the match, fair weather fan or not.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 12:17 I'm referring to you standing on a golf course in Paris slagging off the team including the player who must have scored the very moment you hit the submit button.
At least the guy who slagged off Janneh was actually at the match, fair weather fan or not.
Um excuse me matey, I think I have every right to slag off a team Who for the last few season have done nothing but disappoint their loyal supporters ( which I am one ) week in week out.
And the player you're referring to is Jamie Reid I presume ? who whilst he's been at our club has hardly been a prolific goal scorer has he ? Yes I agree he runs around a lot, as does Ruiri Keating, they were employed to score goals first & foremost (and have failed miserably ), the reason we are playing at this level is we didn't score nearly enough goals last season & lo & behold the same vein of form reared its ugly head again this season.
So do you not think I'm entitled to make an assumption with the clear evidence these two snowflakes have provided me with ?
Lastly, as someone who plays golf regularly on Sundays, I defy anyone who loves sport not to take advantage of the fantastic gift I received, I'm sorry my beloved TUFC were at home but this was a once in a lifetime opportunity ,taken 2 years ago. At least I had the teams progress on my mind, as well as watching those magnificent men in blue.
Sorry if I've upset you with my opinion of our under performing 'strikers', just check the goals for column in the league tables, they don't lie.
We won't win promotion with these two upfront, In my humble opinion, And I think GJ knows it too.
Also I noticed from your profile Les Lawrence is your favourite player ? 6'3" tall & jumped a colossal 5'5"! So I take your opinions with the utmost respect they deserve. :|
Last edited by Teigngull on 01 Oct 2018, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

I think GJ will currently be happy with Reid, as he has scored in every game during his tenure.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Football is about opinions, mine maybe different than yours, yours is probably different to somebody else's.
Reid has ( as quite correctly noted) scored in GJ's first 3 games, & maybe he can get JR scoring freely, if so all well & good, it'll save us a few quid in transfer fees.
But I did say we won't win promotion with them BOTH up front!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

He has got a point though - you are stood on a golf course in France and start slagging Reid off because we are losing.

Lo and behold Reid scores two crackers and get us a point.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Irony at its very best !!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

"Golf is a good walk spoiled" - Mark Twain
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

If it keeps Reidy scoring then continue slagging him off, we need all the help we can get :)