Torquay United V Woking - 29/09/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Torquay United V Woking - 29/09/18

Post by CraigUnder »

After today's emphatic 7-0 (SEVEN) victory, concentration turns to Woking next Saturday. There is an air of excitement and a buzz around the supporters which has been lacking for many years and hope this reflects in a bumper crowd for Johnson's home debut.

I would like to see the team selection stay the same as today, and ease Niate back in from the bench and hope Brett can continue his impact as a sub to prove his worth for an XI spot but the combination of Reid and Keating is working too well to change their partnership at the moment. Macdonald's distribution and general performance today might keep him in contention to stay in the XI for Woking but I think Bass will return as GK.

Torquay 2-1 Woking
Att. 2,700

(Don't think I'll ever have to put SEVEN in brackets for a Torquay win ever again).. Onwards and Upwards! :engflag:
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Not sure we'll manage as many as 2,700 but I hope it's well over 2,000.
I think that this game will show if automatic promotion is a realistic hope.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Gary, pretty much said in his first interview this was a 6(six) pointer. So he will have already done his homework. We have nothing to fear.
Lucy
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Agreed, 2700 gate at this stage is probably over optimistic, however I do hope, regardless of what fans think of the ownership, the direction the club has been/is going down fans turn out Saturday and get behind the team, GJ is right, this is a six pointer, the gap can be down from 12 to 6 points if we add a win in this game to the previous match at Hungerford.

As for selection, would keep the outfield team the same from the Lymington game, however, whilst Macdonald think we'll all agree has preformed well when called upon, for me Bass is all round the better of the two keepers, and think there's no doubt will be restored to the starting line up Saturday.
Formerly known as forevertufc
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Careful with those chickens, lads! Sooner or later there'll be an unexpected defeat; but let's make hay while the sun shines....I think it's too early to expect 2000 crowds, or even a win against at team such as Woking. Thus:

Torquay United (1) 2
Woking (0) 2

Att: 1897.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Gate should be over 2000, we have just beaten two terrible sides though. We have lost many home fan as of late and some will need more positive performances at home on a regular basis for them to return.

Will be the first ever six pointer I've watched in September 😂😂
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

With second playing third as well, it is a very good opportunity to gain some ground on the leading pack. We couldn’t be playing the league leaders at a better time for us. A couple of weeks ago they would have kicked our sorry arses to nil. We’ll be at it from the first whistle. Should be a good game to watch. Wonder if there is any more player movement before then?
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Off the back of 2 away wins. Not often been able to say that in the past few years. Let's face it the only reason BBC picked the game to stream is that they were hoping for a shock. Not with G J in charge. The Torquay revelution started last weekend and will continue next weekend with a 2-0 win. All board the GJ train as we head back to the national League... Ain't no stopping us now we are on the move..
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

I have seen Woking on one occasion this season, and whilst they had the character to come back and win after going behind, they are beatable. However, they are also a tough resilient side, and in good form. TQ are going to have be at their very best get the result we all want. With a larger crowd expected, (certainly 2000+) and the recent 'feel good' factor from the new manager, I predict, at worst an entertaining draw, or at best a narrow win. COYY..........
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Does anyone know the extent of Dickson's injury or why Essuman wasn't in the squad on Saturday? Unless he is carrying a knock, he was very unlucky to be left out. Very much looking forward to seeing the 'new look' United under Gary Johnson after suffering Owers clueless tactics for so long. I hope fans turn up to support the team and that the gate will exceed 2000.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

tomogull wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 12:01 Does anyone know the extent of Dickson's injury
Broken fibula.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

After watching last Saturdays game it would be easy to leave the outfield team the same but the truth is we missed numerous chances
so would not be surprised if it was changed.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

arcadia wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 18:33 After watching last Saturdays game it would be easy to leave the outfield team the same but the truth is we missed numerous chances
so would not be surprised if it was changed.
Williams wasn’t on long and scored twice and hit the bar. Might be tempting to have him in from the start against his old club. Maybe the returning Niate. I wouldn’t change too much, tbh. Bass will start.

I would expect Wright to join Essuman in missing out with only 5 subs this week. One of Bawling or Banton to join them if I’ve got my numbers right.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

It is a shame to hear that Dickson has broken his fibula, I'm guessing he will be out for a while? I'd also forgotten about Jakub Sokolik and Samir Nabi - any idea of their injuries? I assume Essuman is injured? Any word if Pittman wants to come back and fight for place under Johnson?
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 25 Sep 2018, 13:10 It is a shame to hear that Dickson has broken his fibula, I'm guessing he will be out for a while? I'd also forgotten about Jakub Sokolik and Samir Nabi - any idea of their injuries? I assume Essuman is injured? Any word if Pittman wants to come back and fight for place under Johnson?
His loan deal runs to the end of the season. If he is playing well Truro aren't going to want to let him go, if he's not why would we want him back...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084