Dave Hedges

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Dave Hedges

Post by portugull »

Following the departure of Gary Owers does anyone know if Dave Hedges is still at Plainmoor in his capacity as Chief Scout?

I just wondered because George Edwards now seems to have an important role at Plainmoor without Gaming International ever making
any announcement as to his role.

Perhaps I missed out but the first I knew of him was the picture taken a the Gloucester City match when GO was assaulted.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

You mean you didn't see the official announcement prominently made on the club website?

I jest of course. Johnson said he want's to help solidify the reputation of the owners and management, well I'd suggest open communication with the fans from the owners and management would be a good start!

The news made a one liner on Devon Live in the same article that suggested Owers would be staying 4 hours before he departed:

"Osborne, who has still not seen United play this season, has placed his close associate George Edwards, a director of Osborne’s Gaming International group, in charge of week-to-week affairs at Plainmoor."

SOURCE : https://www.devonlive.com/sport/torquay ... rs-1995294#

AND then in a subsequent article the same day shortly after the news broke about Gary Owers departure:

"So Owers' dismissal underlined how completely the key decision-making at United has been entrusted to George Edwards, Osborne's close associate, business partner and director of the Gaming International Group.

Edwards has been very much a hands-on presence at Plainmoor in recent months, reporting straight back to Avon-based Osborne, he has been to most matches home and away and the Chippenham defeat appears to have been the last straw.

It is not a straightforward situation, because Owers' position has been bound up with that of Head of Recruitment and Youth Dave Hedges.

Hedges, who lives near Osborne and is a friend of the Gulls' owner, is believed to have recommended Owers for the job and was a key part of the 'restructuring' which was announced less than a month ago."

SOURCE: https://www.devonlive.com/sport/what-no ... ow-1997353#
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Thanks Bristol-Gull.I was in Dorset for a couple of days this week so have had some catching up to do.
I think we have to assume that Dave Hedges is still involved.
Time will tell.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

Dave hedges ran the U12 training session this morning so he is still very much involved with the club.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

You might also notice him in the first team training session footage just posted on the OS.
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

And within that video he was even seen smileing....
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Thanks guys.
dazmangull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by dazmangull »