George Edwards

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

George Edwards

Post by PhilGull »

In the wake of Gary Owers leaving and Gary Johnson arriving we have learned of George Edwards, apparently "Osborne's close associate, business partner and director of the Gaming International Group"*.
It seems that Edwards has been running things at Plainmoor for a few months. Does anyone know who he is? Has anyone met him? Do we know anything about this mysterious man?

*https://www.devonlive.com/sport/what-no ... ow-1997353#
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

I noticed this and have also not heard much about Harrop recently, who (judging by the speed) didnt seem to be involved in the appointment of GJ.

I spoke to Harrop the day before GO was appointed to complain about the time it took and lack of progress and he stated it was his neck on the line if this appointment wasnt right, perhaps he was being serious?!
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

It has crossed my mind too. It is possible that with the family connection CO has allowed Harrop to leave quietly without any public fanfare.

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

I haven't notice Mr Harrop at any of the away matches, I think I may have seen him at one of the pre-season (Away) friendlies.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

It does seem odd but if you look at Edwards and Harrop then one seems fairly sharp and the other appears to be a crisp guzzling, mars bar stuffing, waddling buffoon, so it isn't difficult to work out which is which.
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

Geoff harrop was definitely at the business breakfast last week, but then so was Gary owers. From what i've heard think George Edwards has taken over the running of the club and Geoff harrop is his PA. Certainly GH was around last week.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

George Edwards was a director of Chorley Sporting Club from 2000 to 2006. Chorley Sporting Club were owners of Chorley FC and Chorley Lynx (a Rugby League club that went through many incarnations, the best known of which was Blackpool Borough).
Edwards also sat on the boards of Chorley FC from 2000 to 2006 and of Chorley Lynx from 2000 to 2004. He has been a director of Gaming International since 2013.
Chorley FC still exist and are currently top of NLN.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

brucie wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 12:27 It does seem odd but if you look at Edwards and Harrop then one seems fairly sharp and the other appears to be a crisp guzzling, mars bar stuffing, waddling buffoon, so it isn't difficult to work out which is which.
:lol:
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

Harrop runs the business side of things at the club now: commercial,catering,Boots and Laces,and club operations including match day organisation(he no longer goes to away matches so he can oversee operations for Truro games)
George Edwards oversees the football side-he was there for the season ticket holder event and talking to supporters and has been at most home matches so far.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Cheers Torregull, that explains things!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Porky wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 12:30 Geoff harrop was definitely at the business breakfast last week, but then so was Gary owers. From what i've heard think George Edwards has taken over the running of the club and Geoff harrop is his PA. Certainly GH was around last week.
Gee. Too many Gs. GO, GJ, GE, GH, G(t)G. :lol:
TUST member 200 ;-)
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

George Edwards (right) after the lunatic assaulted Gary Owers at Evesham