Gloucester City v Torquay United 27/08/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Gloucester City v Torquay United 27/08/18

Post by Louis »

Thought I’d get this match day topic put in place.

Not sure what more to say really, like many I’m not expecting much from this game.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Semi professional Gloucester City face the blankety blank scoring piss artist, piss taking pub team and its bar steward manager. :nod:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Was going to go tomorrow, try and squeeze as many games as possible in whilst I’m home for a few weeks but after the showing at plainmoor yesterday I’m not sure I’ll bother
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Same here. Can’t be bothered to watch my club perform this badly with a manager who is simply out of his depth. Underwhelmed when he was appointed and he has proven me right.
I will go again once he’s been sacked
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Would normally be working bank holidays, but I'm on holiday for a couple of weeks, decided in the week to go to this match, and despite yesterdays dismal showing, will still be going tomorrow, spoke about with a friend it's an away day out, there always good fun, even better if you win seems a long off at the moment though.

Anyone else mad enough to want to go tomorrow and don't have a lift, buzz us a PM, got 2 spare seats, you'd be welcome.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

I'll be going for some reason. Who know's, maybe it'll be an historic occasion, Owers' last match in charge. I can dream.

Going from Bristol, give me a shout should you want a lift.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Firstly don't go Gloucester for this match it's being played in Evesham, at least I can enjoy a day in the Cotswolds before the match. I googled the laws and offences I could face for child neglect and cruelty, somehow taking your daughter to a Torquayunited match doesn't breach any offences. Maybe when we Brexit it could be custodian law.
Having already seen us at Oxford, I don't fill myself with confidence tomorrow, but bloody hell its Gloucester City, hardly Barcelona. Anyway I will face the same distance as you Torquay based fans tomorrow, so will no doubt feel the agony you have faced most weeks when driving home to Wigan. My prediction is that somehow we will win tomorrow, but my heart is hoping this will be Owers last match in charge. Safe journey for everyone tomorrow going. COYY
Lucy
YorkshireGully
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reidy

Post by YorkshireGully »

Why don't you have a job a day in the Cotswolds haha COYY
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

I have been supporting TUFC for 14years, born and Bred in Cheltenham, Supported them for 30 years, there is no way I want to watch Gloucester shitty, an era of amateur football I do not wish to rekindle, YES I have a season ticket still at Plainmoor but the only time I keep out of my seat in recent times is at the full time whistle, I even think to myself prior to home games whether I can be bothered to go!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

5 nil
Reid hatrick
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

The reality of being in the NLS is hard enough, winning 2, losing 2 and drawing 2 is disappointing. However, TQ have not really played well in any of these games, and keep firing blanks. Whilst, Chester, Stockport, Darlington (ex league) etc are not exactly making waves in the NLN, the squad at TQ should be adequate at this level. What is needed is a statement from the club about how they see the way forward. The disconnect between supporters and management MUST be bridged. Will the tide turn, it needs to, starting this afternoon at Evesham, (where I am about to drive out to). Anything less, will only fuel the flames of discontent, surely TQ cannot play any worse than they did against Hampton? A creative midfield player and a target man are the obvious major needs, Mr Owers (respect because of your playing record), but you obviously know what is required, but your management record, especially at Plainmoor is horrendous. Make it happen, starting today. We have the squad, now lets have some goals......not sure about the banners and chanting, is anybody listening at the top. Mr Harrop and Mr Osbourne, please communicate your feelings... let's work together.....give it a try!
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

I dont know why, but im going.

Went to Chelmsford where we didnt look like scoring. Listened to a few games since where we havent sounded like scoring so im travelling in anticipation of our play continuing to reflect the dourness of the manager. Its just not entertaining!

I may have just talked myself out of the 70 mile trip!
TUST #324
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

When you look around the sunday league ground of Evesham's 'quaint' Jubilee Stadium today along with the total crowd of about 300, Just remember who it was who brought you here and let that man responsible in the dug out (if they have one) have it with both barrels tonight win, lose or draw.

At their recent home game with East Thurrock there were 210 spectators.

Should be able to make yourselves clearly audible to the DOUR ONE today. Banners not required.
Last edited by Yorkieandy on 27 Aug 2018, 10:06, edited 1 time in total.
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

I've got a 100% win record this season, please please may it continue. I won't be letting owers have it both barrels if we win as I will be celebrating., but I will let my frustrations be known if it's anything else.
And my wife let me have it both barrels if we lose, and I get home and given up a bank holiday of shopping.
Fully expect a win, and fully expect owers to have tipped into the team after Saturday's debacle, it's the hope that kills.
YorkshireGully
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reidy

Post by YorkshireGully »

We CAN NOT lose to a team that only averages 100 home fans and their dog each week. YorkshireGully can't be there tonoght, broken down on M6 so sending best wishes to all my fellow gulls travellng. COYY