Gloucester City v Torquay United 27/08/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

What surprises me is the depth of feeling about these incidents (flares / teagate) amongst fans but yet nobody seemed to want to confront these yoofs inside the ground and put them in their place.

I was stood with the lad who stopped the game at Chesterfield about 8 years ago when he brought a refs whistle into the ground and blew it during the game and the Torquay fans rounded on him (excessively IMO).

So i'm surprised that there weren't a hefty number of Gulls there on Monday who weren't prepared to wade in and sort them out. Amicably of course, for what were far more serious incidents. Self policing amonst fans i mean. Does this happen anymore?
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

There were a few that confronted the lads that caused the trouble. It was difficult to ascertain exactly who the culprits were. Remember, this happened at Eastleigh last season too. We move on....we need GOALS!!!!!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Teigngull wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 12:12
I think there was an issue at Bideford in the last season or two involving Hereford FC, Big non league clubs thinking they have the right to bully their country cousins supporters because they have a bigger fan base.
i remember reading about that, and rightly or wrongly, the Hereford chairman blamed the trouble on Plymouth Argyle supporers.
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

Tbh I was ten yards away from it and there were plenty weighing in verbally, but some were too busy looking after upset kids, quite understandably.
There were a few security people there, but they see.ed more akin to Marshalls you see at a 10k run. I Felt quite useless really as if I had weighed in on the side of the stewards as well it would have escalated, but I did think about it. I was more use flare hunting outside. Just like to say lobbing a flare into a packed car park was irresponsible. I don't know what I would have done if there had been a fire, borrow the health and safety man's oven gloves i guess.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

....or someone walking in the car park.

I think Flaregate is getting a little overhyped. 3 went on the pitch, 1 made it to the 6 yard box, 2 were meekly dropped just over the advertising board.

All a little pathetically done really which mirrored the individuals doing it. Move on.
TUST #324
Rhys1991
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by Rhys1991 »

Speaking of that, has anyone seen the highlights for the game? Not that I imagine there will be much in the way of highlights.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

numpte wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 13:09 ....or someone walking in the car park.

I think Flaregate is getting a little overhyped. 3 went on the pitch, 1 made it to the 6 yard box, 2 were meekly dropped just over the advertising board.

All a little pathetically done really which mirrored the individuals doing it. Move on.
Exeter City fan arrested at Fulham on Tuesday night for setting off a flare and injuring another supporter in the away end, through smoke inhalation.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Well I cant speak for Fulham v Exeter as I wasnt there but this smoke dispersed through the vacant crowd over the adjacent empty fields!!
TUST #324
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 12:18 What surprises me is the depth of feeling about these incidents (flares / teagate) amongst fans but yet nobody seemed to want to confront these yoofs inside the ground and put them in their place.

I was stood with the lad who stopped the game at Chesterfield about 8 years ago when he brought a refs whistle into the ground and blew it during the game and the Torquay fans rounded on him (excessively IMO).

So i'm surprised that there weren't a hefty number of Gulls there on Monday who weren't prepared to wade in and sort them out. Amicably of course, for what were far more serious incidents. Self policing amonst fans i mean. Does this happen anymore?
Been there done that Andy. The trouble with the current crop of cretins is they're all about 12.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com