Gloucester City v Torquay United 27/08/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Not sure where to start here, as for the game, better than Saturday from a TUFC point of view, we have had the lions share of the possession in this game, but, nothing up front, they a shirt stop in goal and we've not make him dive for anything, and that's beyond frustrating considering the possession we've had, and more embarrassing, they didn't get out of their own half for long periods, yet tested our keeper twice, they weren't scared to get of shot of when the occasional opportunity presented itself.

Our team, seemingly always want that extra touch before delivering the ball into the area, to much time on the ball, also seem to want to pass responsibility off to shoot. If Owers is staying, he needs a striker and fast, if we had a player with a real eye for goal today, would have won this game.

As for fans, it has to be said, it was a tiny minority that let the club down. The stupidity of it was mind blowing, it's not just the club that will find itself in trouble, which could take away any money set aside for new players for start, but how does anyone expect the players perform under those circumstances.

The team were just building up some momentum, when flares are thrown game stopped, not satisfied, lets stop the game again, and again, the players were getting frustrated, Cameron clearly telling them to pack it in. Has to be said, we had the region of 400 there, and 99% of us represented are club in the correct manner.
Formerly known as forevertufc
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Road2League2 wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 20:52 OWERS POST GAME INTERVIEW: “Whatever the circumstances, the scenes at the end has no place in football. I’m proud of my career and proud to be manager here. I’ll be 50 in a couple of weeks and you don’t expect to walk off football pitches with red hot cups of tea thrown in your face.”
'50 in a couple of weeks' - do you think that is a hint that he is going for early retirement?
YorkshireGully
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reidy

Post by YorkshireGully »

Road2League2 wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 21:04 Who’s this dickhead? Should have stayed on M6
[/quote

That's out of order road 2 league 2 my arse . I was only trying to get to the match Really gutted couldn't get there and support the boys give Owers a chance and Reidy will come good COYY
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 20:26 You were the one that defended/supported the criminal act in the first place.

Nobody is on here defending Owers, in fact I don’t think I have seen so many of us agreeing with each other in the fact that he must go, either by walking (I would respect him slightly more for doing that) or by being sacked. Sadly neither action will happen.

What many of us are also united about is that physical abuse against anybody for simply doing their job, no matter how shit they are, cannot and should not happen. People like you, defending such an action, should and have been called out.
I don’t understand why you can’t see that? We’re not happy clappy, but we don’t support mindless thugs either. Hopefully whomever it was will get banned from Plainmoor as well as banned from using the travel club etc. I certainly don’t want mindless, knuckle dragging **** representing my club, and tarring us all with the same brush.
:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:

Although you used too many long words in that, like place and action so i doubt Burnhamgull understood!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

forevertufc wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 21:10 Not sure where to start here, as for the game, better than Saturday from a TUFC point of view, we have had the lions share of the possession in this game, but, nothing up front, they a shirt stop in goal and we've not make him dive for anything, and that's beyond frustrating considering the possession we've had, and more embarrassing, they didn't get out of their own half for long periods, yet tested our keeper twice, they weren't scared to get of shot of when the occasional opportunity presented itself.

Our team, seemingly always want that extra touch before delivering the ball into the area, to much time on the ball, also seem to want to pass responsibility off to shoot. If Owers is staying, he needs a striker and fast, if we had a player with a real eye for goal today, would have won this game.

As for fans, it has to be said, it was a tiny minority that let the club down. The stupidity of it was mind blowing, it's not just the club that will find itself in trouble, which could take away any money set aside for new players for start, but how does anyone expect the players perform under those circumstances.

The team were just building up some momentum, when flares are thrown game stopped, not satisfied, lets stop the game again, and again, the players were getting frustrated, Cameron clearly telling them to pack it in. Has to be said, we had the region of 400 there, and 99% of us represented are club in the correct manner.
So was it Cameron that picked up the last flare and threw it out of the ground into the packed car park! That's highly responsible wasn't it. I witnessed the aftermath, Owers had a splash of some form of drink over him, as the kiosk and bar/toilets where shut. As for players squaring up to fans . The whole situation with Torquayunited is clear. We are in disarray. Owers has to go, the players where petrified to pass a ball today. Do I condone the incidents today, of course. But was it unexpected, no.
Lucy
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Meanwhile, Alfreton, with the help of Josh Gowling, have won three games in a row and have moved into the play off positions in NLN ....... He must be very pleased to be away from the Plainmoor cess pit.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

lucy6lucy wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 23:30 So was it Cameron that picked up the last flare and threw it out of the ground into the packed car park! That's highly responsible wasn't it. I witnessed the aftermath, Owers had a splash of some form of drink over him, as the kiosk and bar/toilets where shut. As for players squaring up to fans . The whole situation with Torquayunited is clear. We are in disarray. Owers has to go, the players where petrified to pass a ball today. Do I condone the incidents today, of course. But was it unexpected, no.
Both Cameron and Williams picked up a flare, Cameron handed it to the safety officer and Williams threw it over the stand.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Bit like his shots at goal then.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

lucy6lucy wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 23:30
So was it Cameron that picked up the last flare and threw it out of the ground into the packed car park! That's highly responsible wasn't it. I witnessed the aftermath, Owers had a splash of some form of drink over him, as the kiosk and bar/toilets where shut. As for players squaring up to fans . The whole situation with Torquayunited is clear. We are in disarray. Owers has to go, the players where petrified to pass a ball today. Do I condone the incidents today, of course. But was it unexpected, no.
Sorry should have been more clear with my post. Yes as pointed out , Cameron told them to pack it in then picked up the flare and took to the side of the pitch, it was indeed Williams who throw the other out of the ground. It was forum member Porky who then went outside to check said flare hadn't damaged anything ;-)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Just to add a few further thoughts. Can't fault the officials of Gloucester and Evesham. I along with a friend had decided to leave a little earlier to avoid bank holiday traffic, however we didn't come across any traffic not stop start anywhere, as such arrived at the ground at 11am were the first ones there.

We received a fantastic welcome, even though not open were allowed straight into their social club, spoke to Gloucester officials and stewards they were very interested in our club and how many fans were traveling, but the point to this post.

For anyone of to say Gloucester weren't prepared for our visit and number of fans I can sat 'fact' is wide of the mark, because we were told by their club officials that they (Gloucester City) had spoken to TUFC, Devon and Cornwall police and Slough Town, so they were very well aware of numbers and had done their homework on us.

To be fair though, as soon as that Tamar bus turned up with the kids in their stone Island gear, told their security staff to keep a close eye them, said if this game wasn't going our way, things could get a little ugly.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

The concern is that the more toxic the situation becomes at the club and the more local league clubs get to know about the regularity of arseholes turning up to Torquay games to cause bother then we could see even more of this kind of behaviour as fans of other south west clubs with a tendency towards being brainless **** look to go to Torquay games to 'have a bit of fun'.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

A club statement with which, hopefully, we can all agree

https://www.torquayunited.com/statement ... city-game/
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Didn't go to this one. Couldn't stomach a long trip across the country to watch another pile of dross served up on a BH Monday.

Am I glad I didn't! ... to those with the flares and to the prick who threw the coffee... thank you so much for tarnishing the name of our once-proud club. I don't rate Owers, I don't rate the majority of our players, but c'mon children. Behave. Yes, we're all pissed off with this situation our beloved club find themselves in.... but the flares, the coffee... yep, that's gonna put us in a good light for the rest of the season. All remaining away fixtures will possibly be segregated thanks to a couple of pricks who think it was big and clever to bring the name of Torquay United FC into disrepute.

I love non-league football. The comeradary (sp?), the banter, the fact that you can change ends at h-t if you so wish, the fact that the majority of people who watch it have the utmost respect for their opposition.... we've **** that right up now. Every club in this league will (and have) bring us down a peg or two (more!). This 'support' is embarrassing to the vast majority of us. Some find it hilarious. But this is going to kick us in the arse big time.

Yep. Thanks.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Maybe you could sort of fathom it if we were running away with the league but as we are struggling it makes it look all the more pathetic to be honest.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

It is precisely the struggle that is bringing out the frustration in those that have difficulty in processing our demise. Football attracks a broad spectrum of supporters and I fear there is worse to come should the standard of our football remain the same.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal: