Torquay United v Hampton & Richmond 25/08/2018

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Torquay United v Hampton & Richmond 25/08/2018

Post by midtable »

The good news is that this part-time team have started badly and have only 5 points. Even so, on Saturday that drew at home 1-1 v Chelmsford City despite having a player sent off in the 25th minute and then conceding a last minute penalty. It shows a bit of passion if nothing else.
We have three strikers who were expected to roll over teams at this level but Keating, Reid and Williams are short of confidence. Not surprising considering that statistically they were part of the worst team in about 90 years as we dropped to non-league South. Ironically, the only player who genuinely cares about the plight of TUFC is Reid who is a former ball boy, born in Torquay and even grew up near Plainmoor. It might explain why he tries too hard at times rather than the simple ball.
Some of the other players in the team are already planning their futures elsewhere having downloaded the Uber App.
It is the Gulls v The Beavers.

Player to watch- Craig Dundas 37 years old and can still run 100m in 17 seconds.

I expect a 2-0 victory.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

5-0
Reid hatrick
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

kevgull wrote: 21 Aug 2018, 07:27 5-0
[highlight=yellow]Reid hatrick[/highlight]
:rofl: :rofl:
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

I’ll go for 2-0 and a Reid hat trick.

About as likely.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

midtable - good post IMO but you noted this :-
''Some of the other players in the team are already planning their futures elsewhere having downloaded the Uber App.''
Can you explain that more at all ?

That apart - I muchly endorse your spirit of building the Players up, with your support - rather than knocking them down. They might do better then. Some of the comment on here about 'matters' is 100% destructive. I hope Mr Reid does score this week to shut some up.

It's a long way to go - I remember Buckle's teams slogging it out and then doing well. You've played football I daresay ?

Voters get the Govt. they deserve - let's hope TUFC Supporters get the results they deserve too.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The comments you've read are the opinions of fans. They're not destructive at all and are a sign that people are unhappy with the way the club is "progressing". Yes it's early days but this season is a continuation of last season where the excuses were it wasn't his team. Well he's bloody well picking his own team now, we're a division lower yet still suffering similar problems. No surprise to me but it is to most of the fan base.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

We win this one, due to the fact it’s at home and we peform on our home turf. I’m going with 2-0
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

kevgull wrote: 21 Aug 2018, 07:27 5-0
Reid hatrick
Hilarious...
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

midtable wrote: 21 Aug 2018, 02:48 The good news is that this part-time team have started badly and have only 5 points. Even so, on Saturday that drew at home 1-1 v Chelmsford City despite having a player sent off in the 25th minute and then conceding a last minute penalty. It shows a bit of passion if nothing else.
We have three strikers who were expected to roll over teams at this level but Keating, Reid and Williams are short of confidence. Not surprising considering that statistically they were part of the worst team in about 90 years as we dropped to non-league South. Ironically, the only player who genuinely cares about the plight of TUFC is Reid who is a former ball boy, born in Torquay and even grew up near Plainmoor. It might explain why he tries too hard at times rather than the simple ball.
Some of the other players in the team are already planning their futures elsewhere having downloaded the Uber App.
It is the Gulls v The Beavers.

Player to watch- Craig Dundas 37 years old and can still run 100m in 17 seconds.

I expect a 2-0 victory.
You carry on happy clapping Reid, totally useless... always has been... averages - he will get the odd goal :Oops:
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Southampton Gull wrote: 21 Aug 2018, 15:39 The comments you've read are the opinions of fans. They're not destructive at all and are a sign that people are unhappy with the way the club is "progressing". Yes it's early days but this season is a continuation of last season where the excuses were it wasn't his team. Well he's bloody well picking his own team now, we're a division lower yet still suffering similar problems. No surprise to me but it is to most of the fan base.
:goodpost: ;-)
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Why is Keating lacking confidence. He has started the season well but he's now injured.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Southampton - OK thanks for your comment. I accept that '100%' was an overstatement. Sorry M8.
But 2 TUFC figures have been comprehensively dismantled by some Posters - Reid and Owers.

Owers always seems to have an 'embattled' air about him - ('Dowers' as someone cracked). Unsurprisingly after last season I suppose.
Anyway let's hope for a good result on Saturday - I like the Reid hat trick idea. ATB
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Too early in the season for this to be a 'must win' game, but we need goals, plenty of them. Will Williams get off the mark? Will Keating be fit enough to replace our friend Mr Reid or will the manager stick with him? I'm hoping this is one of those games, nevermind which team Owers puts out, where we hammer the opposition out of sight and build some confidence, not only for the team but for the supporters too.

It's at home, we've won both so far, let's make it three on the bounce.... I'm no statitician (sp?) but I cannot remember the last time we won three consecutive games at home.

United 4 H&RB 0
Williams 3, Keating (if fit) 1 (or a Uzell special!)
Att: 1,700
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

United62 wrote: 22 Aug 2018, 12:37 Too early in the season for this to be a 'must win' game, but we need goals, plenty of them. Will Williams get off the mark? Will Keating be fit enough to replace our friend Mr Reid or will the manager stick with him? I'm hoping this is one of those games, nevermind which team Owers puts out, where we hammer the opposition out of sight and build some confidence, not only for the team but for the supporters too.

It's at home, we've won both so far, let's make it three on the bounce.... I'm no statitician (sp?) but I cannot remember the last time we won three consecutive games at home.

United 4 H&RB 0
Williams 3, Keating (if fit) 1 (or a Uzell special!)
Att: 1,700
I hope your right, but a little ambitious in my opinion. We are simply playing the wrong tactics with a wrong manager in charge
Lucy
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its not that simple though is it - so far we have won both home games and have a goal difference of 3-0.