Mr Owers steps down

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

There are a few interesting names currently out of work... https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer ... 189&plus=0
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

In the unlikely event that a possible future manger is not particularly motivated by money (or is totally solvent), what a great job and challenge for an experienced top manager, that is currently out of contract. Dream on....not Mick McCarthy or Sam Allardice though! LOL
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Safe to say I’m one happy **** man. I don’t care who comes in. It’s a new face and a breath of fresh air. As long as we don’t wait a month to appoint somone I’ll be happy.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Whoever comes in or whoever is in charge on Saturday should give Wright a start.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 16:12 Whoever comes in or whoever is in charge on Saturday should give Wright a start.
We haven't really seen enough of him yet. Worth a shot (excuse the pun!).
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Be careful what you wish for, yes Owers is out the door and hopefully they have a replacement already in mind.
But look at what we pay and can reasonably afford and the league we are currently in, you are not going to attract experienced names.
I have spoken to Owers on a social level and a nicer man you would be had pushed to meet, but as a manager well it speaks for itself. I just hope that the situation vacant advert has already been circulated albeit in confidence, the last thing we need is another month of the season going past without anyone being in charge.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The thing is, our club right now does not need an experienced manager, we, as fans need to stop straight away thinking about this big name or that big name. What our club really does need is a manager with a proven non-league track record, someone with a track record of success at NLP/NLS/NLN level.

As for Owers, tried to put into words on Saturday's match thread (not always my strong point) Owers really had to go after Saturday, it's hard to describe to those who weren't there at the match Saturday, but it was clear Owers had lost the confidence of just about every supporter, and from that there's no way back. Sensible decision.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

forevertufc wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 16:38 The thing is, our club right now does not need an experienced manager, we, as fans need to stop straight away thinking about this big name or that big name. What our club really does need is a manager with a proven non-league track record, someone with a track record of success at NLP/NLS/NLN level.
So a "proven non-league track record" is not experience? What is it then.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I think a few of the players need to take a long look at themselves too - it’s clear that many of them haven’t been at their best and they are nearly as culpable as Owers for our league position.

That said, we do have some half decent players at this level and hopefully they will, with the right manager and formation, start playing well and actually scoring goals!!

I also think we may see the reintroduction of a certain defender soon too....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I havnt a clue who might be a success as manager of TUFC.

But for me it must be someone who will command the respect of the contracted players at the club now.

Someone who walks into the dressing room and the players immediately respect him and want to do well for him.

These things are sometimes hard to determine, and it isn't an easy decision.

And we have to be realistic about what we can offer money wise so for me as long as the above is fulfilled I will be supportive for at least 2 games :)
TUST MEMBER
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

2 games was a joke by the way
TUST MEMBER
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

All the bull shit saying you've got to have a big name is rubbish what we want is a manager who knows the game and has peoples skills. Owers got the back sorted once everyone is fit, what we need is a midfielder and Andrews playing central he may be the one to create chances for the strikers playing 4-3-3 Regis I'm sorry not the right type of player not consistent.
The team could be nearly there but needs tweaking with one or two players as I said when everyone is fit. :keepie: But the players need the supporters onside.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Hammdog2601 »

If we want someone who knows this level we’ll surky Jay saunders ex Maidstone manager is the perfect manager?
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Jerry wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 14:42 Really? Didn't hear anything like that from the middle of the Pop.
I heard the booing and assumed that it was his pals doing that as it seemed light hearted to me.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

torq2u wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 15:03 Who's about to step back through the door from their month at Alfreton .......
I’d go with that one.