Torquay United v East Thurrock United 11/08/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Torquay United v East Thurrock United 11/08/18

Post by midtable »

East Thurrock United are currently bottom of the league with two losses so even we should have a chance. The part-timers will also be slightly more tired having played on Wednesday with the result' Dulwich Hamlet 2-1 East Thurrock United' .

Are they terrible? No, just ordinary as they lost their first game to Woking due to a dubious penalty awarded in the 97th minute, while against Dulwich they conceded in the 91st minute. Potential star player: striker Orsi-Dadomo has recently been in the USA but is now back in the UK he said recently
“I am quick and I like balls in behind. I’m a good finisher and although I’m not the strongest, players often can’t keep up with me.”

Owers quote if we win " The players showed passion and followed my plan. We have a bit more quality up top."
A draw or loss would be a calamity but Owers will say " At this level playing at Plainmoor is like a cup final, so it is no surprise they played well, especially as East Thurrock are a good team."

My prediction 3-1.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

“I am quick and I like balls in behind.

Oooooer!

He's a good finisher too?! Whoooah! Too much info thanks! :Z

Anyway that aside, what's his footballing skills like? :}
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

midtable wrote: 09 Aug 2018, 03:39 East Thurrock United are currently bottom of the league with two losses so even we should have a chance. The part-timers will also be slightly more tired having played on Wednesday with the result' Dulwich Hamlet 2-1 East Thurrock United' .

Are they terrible? No, just ordinary as they lost their first game to Woking due to a dubious penalty awarded in the 97th minute, while against Dulwich they conceded in the 91st minute. Potential star player: striker Orsi-Dadomo has recently been in the USA but is now back in the UK he said recently
“I am quick and I like balls in behind. I’m a good finisher and although I’m not the strongest, players often can’t keep up with me.”

Owers quote if we win " The players showed passion and followed my plan. We have a bit more quality up top."
A draw or loss would be a calamity but Owers will say " At this level playing at Plainmoor is like a cup final, so it is no surprise they played well, especially as East Thurrock are a good team."

My prediction 3-1.
As much as East Thurrock appear unlucky or poor from there first 2 games and we seem to be poor and lucky to win on Tuesday. There is absolutely no excuse in not Winning this match. Only 3 points will be acceptable from our experienced professional team. If promotion is the target, then this is a must win match
Lucy
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

midtable wrote: 09 Aug 2018, 03:39 East Thurrock United are currently bottom of the league with two losses so even we should have a chance. The part-timers will also be slightly more tired having played on Wednesday with the result' Dulwich Hamlet 2-1 East Thurrock United' .

My prediction 3-1.
Should be able to win this one, after all we are not playing the whole of Thurrock. :clap: :red: :lol:
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

We haven't heard from Wodger in a while - and where is BERT?
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Already booked for Tuesday at Oxford keep another clean sheet and we can win tomorrow. :keepie:
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

I am so confident that we will win Sat that for the first time in Two years I have backed Torquay to win on my footy coupon....(mind you had to scroll down far enough to find them!!!!! ) Happy days are ahead... Can we go 3 games without conceding???
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

I don't care how they do it, 3 points please. Where the heck is Thurrock anyway? I'm hating this pub carpark league already!

Just paid my 20 quid for the Commo, so will be listening in for the first time this season. After the last few years having to listen to shite I hope we have some good things to report for Brett and his co-commo. We can finally tell Radio Devon and the BBC, Dick Woodacre, Chris Fear and that ginger slapper Natalie Corner to go f**k themselves!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I always enjoyed 'Sportlight' with Dick Woodacre, or, as Natalie Korner once called him 'Dick Wood-acree!'
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Thurrock itself is a small borough located in Essex and just 35 minutes from the centre of London. As if somehow that's a positive? The area is perhaps most famous for the claustrophobic shopping 'experience' that is Lakeside Shopping Centre. Again, for some reason this doesn't seem to have a huge pull for me to go and visit somehow.

The only Lakeside Shopping centre i have had the misfortune to visit is the one back in my home town of Donny which i'm told now has more empty units than it does stiffs. Wandering around under the rigamortis-esque effects of 'spice'. How times have changed. Back in my day a bag of 'spice' contained nothing more coma inducing than some kola kubes, squishy prawn shrimps, mojo's, midget gems and some flying saucers.

At East Thurrock's recent home game with Woking there were serious crowd incidents and a number of Woking fans had their collars felt. Some also for throwing smoke bombs in what was described as a near takeover of East Thurrock's ornithologically named 'Rookery Hill' ground by Woking fans.

For fans to kick off like they are on the football factory at EAST F*****G THURROCK beggars belief. Do it at Millwall instead maybe? No? Why not?

Ahhhhh, i see. It's because they don't play in your league isn't it otherwise you'd go there and give them a shitstorm. I get it now.

A crowd of 532, mostly visiting Cards fans saw a 97th minute penalty winner from Kretschmar of Woking.

So effectively what this means is that today there will be literally the one man and his dog in the away end. If there are more than 10 (Thurrock fans not dogs ) then i'll watch Channel 5 programmes repeatedly for 3 days solid. Then i won't need any spice.

However, i hope as many East Thurrock fans will endeavour to make the trip to Plainmoor as possible.

There have been ructions regarding ownership of East Thurrock. Finding out that the land the ground is on could be worth up to £10 million has fuelled this according to the press although i have no opinion or knowledge of any of it. This dispute apparently lead to two prominent women in the case windmilling in the bogs of the high court at a recent court case and subsequently one accusing the other of assault.

All a bit unsavoury but it's their business and hopefully it will all get sorted out for the benefit of all parties AND the football club. Also a bit unsavoury is Paul Konchesky. The footballing journeyman who actually played in a European Final with Fulham is perhaps their star man (Orsi-Dadomo too has been highlighted) and Konchesky was mocked on Woking FC's twitter feed for 'having a temper tantrum' after the concession of the penalty the other night.

For some reason, if i had conceded a 97th minute penalty to potentially hand the opposition 3 points then i'd be having a temper tantrum too. In fact i'd be doing some pretty heavy handed erratic and out of character windmilling of my own towards all and sundry whilst simultaneously shouting "you want some!".

Of course he's gonna be having a friggin' temper tantrum you sausage! He's just given the other side 3 points giftwrapped! Jeez.

Anyway, it''s a game Torquay should win. It's a game in which Torquay should keep a clean sheet. I think everyone knows that this isn't always how it pans out.

As Bath boss Gill found out on tuesday but somehow cannot still understand how football works, whichever side scores more than their opponents today will win the game. That' how football works. Someone tell Mr Gill of Bath City though for the return game. :~D
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

#tufc squad to face @1EastThurrockFC: MacDonald (GK), Wynter, Davis, Sokolik, Keating, Hall, Williams, Nabi, Niate, Dickson, Cameron SUBS: Banton, Bawling, Burton (GK), Reid, Regis
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Trojan 67 wrote: 11 Aug 2018, 15:10 Good turnout on the Popside :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkUvDMvX0AAnkGj.jpg

:clap:
G'day Troj me ol' cock.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Af'noon Supes :-D
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Trojan 67 wrote: 11 Aug 2018, 15:26 Af'noon Supes :-D
hope you're well mate.

Mrs SNW & I are coming down for the Hemel game on 1st Sept....
be good to see you mate
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468