Assistant manager?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Assistant manager?

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Anyone know if Owers has recruited an assistant manager yet or have any update?
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

Could it be Shaun Taylor? Just a guess...
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

__quiet__gull wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 09:13 Could it be Shaun Taylor? Just a guess...
No, wont be him ... if it was going to be him, he would have been appointed by now. Taylor has a job with the Academy and is probably more suited to that, in my opinion.

Owers did mention to me that he has someone in mind, but these things take time, and will almost certainly mean someone having to uproot from another part of the country. Highly unlikely to be a player/coach though .... he did say that if it had happened (Kuhl moving on) at the end of last season, then that would probably have been the route he would have gone down, but feels its too late now.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

What about Lee Hodges - he will be in Torquay fairly regularly !!! :whistle: :whistle:
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

I was wondering if Gary Owers might go it alone ? But it's a lot to do for just one - what's Steve Tully and Chris Todd up to atm ?

Just for fun I looked at Bristol Rovers Staff - after all we erst shared a Division(s) with them. Just look at this line up - just the names I know - (there are many more) - Marcus Stewart, Stuart Naylor, Steve Mildenhall, Chris Hargreaves, Graham Coughlin, and LEE MANSELL

All that's listed on our website is Owers and Russell Cleave - doubling up as Sports Therapist and Kit Manager.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Decent centre half as well. Worth a trial IMO.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
ACW2IOW
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by ACW2IOW »

Swatcat wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 13:19 I was wondering if Gary Owers might go it alone ? But it's a lot to do for just one - what's Steve Tully and Chris Todd up to atm ?

Just for fun I looked at Bristol Rovers Staff - after all we erst shared a Division(s) with them. Just look at this line up - just the names I know - (there are many more) - Marcus Stewart, Stuart Naylor, Steve Mildenhall, Chris Hargreaves, Graham Coughlin, and LEE MANSELL

All that's listed on our website is Owers and Russell Cleave - doubling up as Sports Therapist and Kit Manager.
Chris Todd is Assistant Manager at Truro City!
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Gloomy Gull wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 10:38 What about Lee Hodges - he will be in Torquay fairly regularly !!! :whistle: :whistle:
As he and Todd have just resigned from Truro .........maybe???!! :}
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Gloomy Gull wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 09:51 As he and Todd have just resigned from Truro .........maybe???!! :}
Todd is friendly with Nicho so very much doubt he would be up for it
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Busterjames
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Busterjames »

It’s Shaun Taylor 100%
Not sure what the other coaches are doing in the dug out and then going inside at half time.
Who’s doing the scouting then of other teams?
Who was the fat kid also with the training kit on and the physio taking part in the warm up who both look like they have never kicked a ball before!
Shambles
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

I've heard it was Shaun Taylor too, did a pretty good job as assistant to Martin ling, it wasn't until he was caretaker manager that it all went Pete tong.

Also, GO must know what all these tracksuited characters do and the roles they have within the team.....2 wins, 1 draw, 3 clean sheets long may the shambles continue.
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

CP Gull wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 09:25 No, wont be him ... if it was going to be him, he would have been appointed by now. Taylor has a job with the Academy and is probably more suited to that, in my opinion.

Owers did mention to me that he has someone in mind, but these things take time, and will almost certainly mean someone having to uproot from another part of the country. Highly unlikely to be a player/coach though .... he did say that if it had happened (Kuhl moving on) at the end of last season, then that would probably have been the route he would have gone down, but feels its too late now.
=D :lol:
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

"the fat kid" is Josh Phillips. The scouting of other teams is often the manager with Dave Hedges. Then there is the goalkeeping coach and the kit manager. They made up "the other coaches in the dug out".
Shaun Taylor does the warm downs after matches.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Busterjames wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 21:43 It’s Shaun Taylor 100%
Not sure what the other coaches are doing in the dug out and then going inside at half time.
Who’s doing the scouting then of other teams?
Who was the fat kid also with the training kit on and the physio taking part in the warm up who both look like they have never kicked a ball before!
Shambles
If you don't know who they are how do you know is it's a shambles ?? Just another twattish comment from someone trying to spread negativity.

"The fat kid" warming up had no relevance to the game, which maintained our unbeaten start, without conceding a goal.

Nice description of the poor lad though. You're the shambles.
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

Good post sgf....thanks for that. Sums it up perfectly.