Chris Regis - new signing

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Just read the Farnborough fans forum. They weren't too happy with him there!

He has a great pedigree at youth level, but hasn't done anything of note since . I've just scanned through the Farnborough forum and it doesn't sound like he made any friends there at all, with one fan describing him as "The laziest midfielder I've ever seen".

Let's hope Owers sees something in him that they didn't. We have had a few 'problem' players turn their careers around at Plainmoor so could happen again. He'll get short shrift from the Popside if he doesn't run around and put his body on the line.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Another teams bad apple in this case port vale doesn't necessarily become our bad apple. Christ how many teams signed joey Barton . Give the guy a chance
Lucy
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Just 21 - Chris Regis looks a tough character. His alleged 'attitude' problems must be well founded - it's up to HIM to realise if he wants to be a Pro footballer - HE needs to make the changes himself. NOW. Let's get behind him and hope he gives that essential 100%

Good luck with this one Mr Owers !
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

lucy6lucy wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 01:55 Another teams bad apple in this case port vale doesn't necessarily become our bad apple. Christ how many teams signed joey Barton . Give the guy a chance
Agreed... although he has a career long reputation of being a bad egg... lets hope he takes this 'chance'
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

brucie is right re: Chris Zebroski. He seemed too hot to handle after the Plymouth glass bashing incident, but he was great for us; and look at the great Lors: prison, booze, up to all sorts of rather nasty tricks - but what a player!
And, anyway, we need a hard man, don't we tomogull!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

It has become a common critique to brand a footballer as having a 'bad attitude'. The phrase is often thrown about merely after a player has had a disagreement with a player/coach, e.g. given a line of false promises and/or no opportunity to play regular football. Maybe he is his own man and speaks his mind rather than being a clubs lapdog.

In truth, most players do not have bad attitudes, as if they did, it is unlikely they would ever make it in the competitive world of professional football. There are many cases, as pointed out, that those players who are claimed to have a bad attitude are often blessed with large amounts of skill, technique and natural ability.

So lets not 'judge a book by its cover', rather give the guy the opportunity to prove himself and then we can revisit our judgements.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Does anyone have a list of the Squad Numbers yet... I think I've missed it!
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Bloggy wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 12:30 Does anyone have a list of the Squad Numbers yet... I think I've missed it!
I don't think there are any at this level...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

PhilGull wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 13:16 I don't think there are any at this level...
It appears you can choose whether to or not (and we are):
https://www.torquayunited.com/club/torquay-utd/

Hopefully you are also allowed names on the back of shirts if you so wish.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Thanks Richinns
Just Regis and Koszela then.
No news on the trialists either? I'm guessing that Dembele, Roberts, Burton, Tanner and Leitch didn't quite do enough.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

we're at the level where any young player we get hold of is either going to be a: crap or b: have baggage of some sort.

This is the sort of signing that we need to make - he could be great, he could be terrible.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

Bloggy wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 13:28 Thanks Richinns
Just Regis and Koszela then.
No news on the trialists either? I'm guessing that Dembele, Roberts, Burton, Tanner and Leitch didn't quite do enough.
None of those players were there last night... although it was 'signed' players only.

If he is to stick to his word and sign another GK and a striker, perhaps it will not be from the players we have already seen.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

View1 wrote: 31 Jul 2018, 23:15 Don’t have an issue with this signing at all.

He seems to offer a different option to our midfield which is welcome.

For people moaning, let’s get real here. He obviously has had some attitude issues but let’s realise where we are- if we want to find some rough gems we are going to need to clean some shit off them first.
Where have you been buying your wife's jewellery?!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Given the signings made so far and that central midfield already seems to be covered but also Dickson in particular should be versatile can play both central mid and any position on the left, this seems to be a risk that is worth taking. Regis is now in more or last last chance saloon in terms of his career as a professional footballer and also leaving his teenage years behind so hopefully maturing a bit - Torquay is generally a decent place for someone like this to come, a bit further away from the bright lights and attractions. If he works out, he can be a very decent player and possibly a source of future transfer revenue, and if not, I don't think it particular weakens the squad - I'd rather take a chance on what is effectively a squad player, then fill that place with a young loanee with a funny name.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I don't buy all this troublemaker, shit stirrers tag - I mean look at Josh Gowling, and what a player he turned out to be :O :O :O