Expectations for the forthcoming season in NLS

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Champions
22%
Playoffs position
41%
Mid table
29%
To be relegated
8%

Total votes: 83

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Despite current off field issues, which we are quite used to. On field this squad should be aiming high, promotion is the goal and why not.
Lucy
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Without more goals in evidence, play-offs for me I'm afraid - don't forget we're up against the tricky dickies from Billericay!
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

The worry is the club is stuffed full of unproven personnel - difficult to assess potential at this stage! Still struggle to believe we will end up as major challengers but happy to be proved wrong!
Caldwellanddobson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by Caldwellanddobson »

Reaching the playoffs is an absolute
minimum requirement. Anything less will be a failure. And if ANYONE on here tries to suggest otherwise I cannot be held responsible for my reaction.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Despite the chaos involving the club surely in this league if the team can't get promoted then they may as well give up.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

:goodpost: :lol:
Caldwellanddobson wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 22:13 Reaching the playoffs is an absolute
minimum requirement. Anything less will be a failure. And if ANYONE on here tries to suggest otherwise I cannot be held responsible for my reaction.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Champions. If we're not going out to win every game what is the f**king point.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

We have the infrastructure, a full time squad (which others don't) and apparently £1m pumped in by GI. If we don't get play offs minimum then it's a shocking furtherance of the appalling mess this club has got into.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

United62 wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 23:38 Champions. If we're not going out to win every game what is the f**king point.
This.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

Play Offs bare minimum! For some reason, I don't think they will cut GO much slack this time if he makes a poor start.

I've always said to give him a chance but they have backed him financially, it's his team now. No excuses.
MrTee75
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by MrTee75 »

Mid Table finish this season for Gulls, basically it's a whole new team,it's going to take a good while for everything to click into place,plus there's still some half decent teams to deal with, Billericay, Dartford,Woking, Welling,even Bath...Time will tell,but under Owers I just can't see a promotion happening anytime soon.
MrTee75
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by MrTee75 »

Mid Table finish this season for Gulls, basically it's a whole new team,it's going to take a good while for everything to click into place,plus there's still some half decent teams to deal with, Billericay, Dartford,Woking, Welling,even Bath...Time will tell,but under Owers I just can't see a promotion happening anytime soon.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by budegull1954 »

Nice to see this thread entitled 'forthcoming season' instead of the horrible Americanism 'upcoming'.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Expecting play offs ie top seven , and hopefully top three, be very difficult to win a league with a virtual
new team, but 2nd or 3rd would mean only one play off match before the final and a home one at that
An experienced striker is essential though , cant see us scoring enough goals otherwise, or will be relying on
Williams being in the mood in every game . Cant see us winning either of the first two games
though, a couple a draws maybe , Chelmsford , play offs last year and as far as I know a fairly settled team
and Bath will be well up for it. But East Thurrock after that must be 3 pts and we must win regularly after that
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

With Osborne, Harrop and Owers at the helm I’m expecting failure on and off the pitch. Anything we achieve this season will be a welcomed surprise.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal: