Torquay United vs Cardiff City 20.7.18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Torquay bluebird
Trialist
Trialist

Torquay v Cardiff

Post by Torquay bluebird »

Pre season friendly coming up

What type of attendance would you expect for this fixture and how many tickets will Cardiff be given ?

Seems like its going to be a very popular trip for Cardiff fans with most expecting 1000+ to travel for it.

Who knows we may even be playing against Rhys Healey by then
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Probably won't be any ticket allocation , just turn up & pay at the turnstile, that's what usually happens , unless we're playing a big club !
All depends on how the other psf's go as well , I can see a major (& for the want of a better word) boycott if the recruitment is poor, but f we do manage to get the likes of Rhys Healy then that's a positive on my part.
So attendance could be 2000+ or your 1k + 300 TUFC die hards.
Nathan Strong
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Vincent Dorel

Post by Nathan Strong »

As a wolves and torquay supporter I can't wait to be giving it to Warnock all game long hahaha, sit right behind the opposition dugout too.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Nathan Strong wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 11:43 As a wolves and torquay supporter I can't wait to be giving it to Warnock all game long hahaha, sit right behind the opposition dugout too.
...or you could just watch the game instead!
Nathan Strong
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Vincent Dorel

Post by Nathan Strong »

stefano wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 12:43 ...or you could just watch the game instead!
I do but we have just as much fun winding up the opposition manager
Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum »

Nathan Strong wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 11:43 As a wolves and torquay supporter I can't wait to be giving it to Warnock all game long hahaha, sit right behind the opposition dugout too.
Forget about Wolves.

Neil Warnock is an ex TUFC manager, who did well for us & speaks fondly of the club. As a Torquay supporter that should be more important than bad feeling due to Warnock calling out Nuno Espirito Santo out for running on the pitch http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... a-disgrace or anything else Wolves related.2
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

So, next time you go to Wolves, will you be giving NES abuse too for showing a complete lack of respect in more than one occasion by not shaking hands, on more than one occasion?
Rusty8unny

Post by Rusty8unny »

You really do come across as a bit of a prat with that comment, grow up & watch the football, I bet you wouldn't stand amongst the bluebird fans & diss Warnock.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

stefano wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 12:43 ...or you could just watch the game instead!
:goodpost: Neil warnock is a legendary English club manager and the fact he managed Torquayunited and kept us up, highlights what a top bloke he is. He is no nonsense and probably controversial to some. The fact we are playing Cardiff is no doubt down to Neil. He will be a useful contact for loan players. So if Nathan who is a torquay fan wants to berate him because he also supports wolves, ? then my only advice you will be on your own. Give him respect.
Lucy
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Lighten up a bit here, lets not be to hard on Nathan Strong, not that his real name is Nathan, and is he that strong, who knows, that could be another story for another day.

Think he's having a giggle, and never was going to give Warnock any stick.
Formerly known as forevertufc
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

I'm not in the camp that Neil Warnock has or does do us big favours. Firstly he obviously loves the west country and we fall part of that so of course we may end playing them.
How many players has he actually loaned to us. The lad healey who did well for us was loaned to us really far to late wasn't he ?
Not to say I'm not thankfull but people talk like he helps us over and above what others would. I'm not so sure on this. Others players went out on loan a lot earlier than healey this season.
Again cheers Neil but this talk like he helps us out over and above I can't see it
mersebtpir

Post by mersebtpir »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 22:31 The lad healey who did well for us was loaned to us really far to late wasn't he ?
Well he couldn't come whilst he was injured could he and to be honest another loan player at that stage of the season only set the manager more selection headaches due to the '5 only' rule.

The fact hat he was an habitual goal scoerer obviously went against all that and boy what a difference he made!
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

forevertufc wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 22:08 Think he's having a giggle, and never was going to give Warnock any stick.
I would agree with you that the issue is not that important on the scale of things, but would not agree with your conclusion. If no intention why post it, and then post the same again when challenged? No answer required of course as you don't know and neither do I.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

mersebtpir wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 23:04 Well he couldn't come whilst he was injured could he and to be honest another loan player at that stage of the season only set the manager more selection headaches due to the '5 only' rule.

The fact hat he was an habitual goal scoerer obviously went against all that and boy what a difference he made!
Yes obviously could have come while he was injured!! Thanks for that
. The point was that it was just to late though. Could have had ronaldo for last 8 games and made no difference.
Left to late. The loan benefit did Cardiff and the lad more than torquay united. So all this 3 cheers to Warnock I don't get
Obviously with sticking with owers for next season I'm expecting to start the season very strong. Nothing else would do.
Can't see how else owers can justify still being the manager. Was terrible
Rossi Martin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Rossi Martin »

Does anyone know any good nightspots around in Torquay? I'm coming up with a few mates to which the game (and hopefully a Torquay win) then was going to go out afterwards.