Martin Kuhl is gone!!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Martin Kuhl is gone!!!

Post by madgull »

https://www.torquayunited.com/martin-kuhl-leaves-tufc/

Doesn't feel positive to me a good few weeks into pre-season...
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Time for an experienced midfield player coach I think, shame Alex Russell is a bit past it
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

madgull wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 16:02 https://www.torquayunited.com/martin-kuhl-leaves-tufc/

Doesn't feel positive to me a good few weeks into pre-season...
I wish Martyn all the best but I think that it could be better for the players.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

arcadia wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 16:37 I wish Martyn all the best but I think that it could be better for the players.
Sounds to me more like getting away from the sinking ship ........ :(
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

Good luck Martin, a great shame regarding the negativity. I think it makes total sense, was never on good money at Torquay and so true that working closer to home would be more appealing.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Strange timing though, not a great way to start the new season. But nothing is ever straightforward at Torquay United is it? However it would be a great opportunity for a hungry young player-coach - Josh Gowling is the obvious person on the current playing staff, provided he has patched up his differences with the club of course. It could be the making of him - I noticed that he carried out the pre-match warm-up drills with the players during the last days of Kev Nich's reign. Has he got any coaching badges I wonder?
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

budegull1954 wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 17:07 Strange timing though, not a great way to start the new season. But nothing is ever straightforward at Torquay United is it? However it would be a great opportunity for a hungry young player-coach - Josh Gowling is the obvious person on the current playing staff, provided he has patched up his differences with the club of course. It could be the making of him - I noticed that he carried out the pre-match warm-up drills with the players during the last days of Kev Nich's reign. Has he got any coaching badges I wonder?
There's more chance of me taking the warm up I think
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I had a chat with Martin last Wednesday when I visited Plainmoor to buy PSF tickets.
I guess he knew then. He seemed very relaxed and chatty.
I think this is a great opportunity for someone but it is hard to be too optimistic if Mr. Harrop is involved.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Logged on to see who the two new signings were - no signings and the assistant manager has buggered off. This is Torquay United after all.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

the two new signings are imminent , one will surprise you , ex Torquay player midfielder who will run the midfield, great signing THEY HAVE PUSHED THE BOAT OUT TO GET HIM, another centre back from the north east, young big lad from premier club. assistant managers ar two a penny wouldn't get to upset about it.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

You can't mean Eunan O'Kane? :bow:
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Zippy »

you guessed it. lol!
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

Trying to think of ex torquay midfielders, one name that springs to mind is Nicky Wroe?
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Zippy wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 19:15 the two new signings are imminent , one will surprise you , ex Torquay player midfielder who will run the midfield, great signing THEY HAVE PUSHED THE BOAT OUT TO GET HIM, another centre back from the north east, young big lad from premier club. assistant managers ar two a penny wouldn't get to upset about it.
Danny Stevens?

Or is Lee Mansell combining a playing season with a coaching career with Bristol Rovers.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Zippy »

I'm not naming him but he played for Plymouth at one point, 31 years old. decent player just been released from a league 2 team after 3 seasons.