Vincent Dorel

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jamie Ndah Is God
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jamie Ndah

Vincent Dorel

Post by Jamie Ndah Is God »

Apologies if I've missed the memo, but do we officially know yet if Dorel is staying or going? Devon Live Sport reported 2 or 3 weeks ago that it looked likely he would be leaving but I've heard nothing since. The deadline for players who have been offered new deals has passed, and the players are now back for pre-season. Is there anybody reading this who is in the know? The club haven't yet signed a new 'keeper as far as I'm aware, so could it be that they are still trying to negotiate a deal for Dorel? I'd be absolutely over the moon if he stayed, although I'm not expecting him to.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

I read somewhere that he signed for Rennes in France.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

As mentioned by another poster Rennes is a French top flight side, I can't see a 26 year old going from non league to the French ligue 1.
Dorel started his career in the Rennes B team but was released in 2012. I am surprised he hasn't been snapped up by a NLP or EFL2 team by now.
Jamie Ndah Is God
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jamie Ndah

Post by Jamie Ndah Is God »

Has he left Torquay though?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Jamie Ndah Is God wrote: 04 Jul 2018, 13:53 Has he left Torquay though?
YES
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

Mismanagement aside, I struggle to see why Torquay don't communicate with the customers, sorry fans, on an appropriate level? I wish they would.

''Sean McGinty has left Torquay United having rejected a new contract and agreed a deal with Partick Thistle. We thank SM and wish him well for the future.''

''Vincent Dorel has rejected the contract offer and upon the expiry of his contract has decided to leave the club. We thank you for your efforts VD. Au revoir.''

Basic information, yet the club is a closed book.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Parkys People wrote: 04 Jul 2018, 15:36 Mismanagement aside, I struggle to see why Torquay don't communicate with the customers, sorry fans, on an appropriate level? I wish they would.

''Sean McGinty has left Torquay United having rejected a new contract and agreed a deal with Partick Thistle. We thank SM and wish him well for the future.''

''Vincent Dorel has rejected the contract offer and upon the expiry of his contract has decided to leave the club. We thank you for your efforts VD. Au revoir.''

Basic information, yet the club is a closed book.
To be fair they have been very active on Facebook, I can't speak for other platforms but there I have seen a lot of info coming out. Granted I don't recall seeing goodbyes to players leaving but they are leaving, yesterdays news, f*ck'em we care about our own, onwards, forwards, never looking back.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

As for people expecting Dorel to be having NL or FL2 clubs queuing up for his signature - I just don't think he was that good. He was okay and in our crap squad last season did look quite good but no better than half the other keepers in the league. And at his age and at this level he's going to struggle to get a job as number 2 for the wages I imagine he would want.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Just ask Brett Williams. He will know!!
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Parkys People »

PhilGull wrote: 04 Jul 2018, 16:51 To be fair they have been very active on Facebook, I can't speak for other platforms but there I have seen a lot of info coming out. Granted I don't recall seeing goodbyes to players leaving but they are leaving, yesterdays news, f*ck'em we care about our own, onwards, forwards, never looking back.
I don't use facebook, the lack of activity I refer to is on the clubs official website.

What they say is irrelevant, As you say 'we care about our own' I just want to know if/when X, Y or Z leave the football club.
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

I like the fb announcements as to sign g on way and then the big reveal and seeing what sort of squad is being assembled. Couldn't be arsed who's leaving, they were in a failed national league team and if they can better themselves then goodbye and good luck.
I am concerned that the psf are coming up and we haven't got a goalie. Slight stumbling block that.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Porky wrote: 04 Jul 2018, 19:50 I like the fb announcements as to sign g on way and then the big reveal and seeing what sort of squad is being assembled. Couldn't be arsed who's leaving, they were in a failed national league team and if they can better themselves then goodbye and good luck.
I am concerned that the psf are coming up and we haven't got a goalie. Slight stumbling block that.
Well on Facebook it looks like we have a keeper lined up
Lucy
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Parkys People »

Porky wrote: 04 Jul 2018, 19:50Couldn't be arsed who's leaving, they were in a failed national league team and if they can better themselves then goodbye and good luck.
Being arsed or not is beside the point. For the clarity, I want to know when someone exits the football club.

Is Sean McGinty still at Torquay? I know the answer, thanks to a link on here to Partick Thistle's official website, but if I was relying on our official source for news - I'd be none the wiser. That's sloppy!

I've gone off track, I've no idea re Dorel. Last I read he was offered a new contract and was given a deadline by Owers, who knows when that is/was!?
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Parkys People »

On twitter..

Why is it not on the official website?