Ebbsfleet on Saturday

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
fleetfanwest
New Signing
New Signing

Ebbsfleet on Saturday

Post by fleetfanwest »

Hi everyone an Ebbsfleet fan in peace here, i'm just enquiring as to the parking facilities at or around your ground for the game.

I would also like to commiserate with you all for your relegation and financial difficulties,as a fan of a club that only a matter of 5 years ago were on the brink of extinction,we have been lucky with a brilliant benefactor so everything has improved from those dark days,so I hope you can also come through this period and become successful believe me if it happens it tastes sweeter.

Many thanks for any help ref.parking.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

There are no 'parking facilities' at Plainmoor but there is often plenty of street parking within half a mile or so of the ground. Try Cary Park - 5 mins walk from the ground - I can usually find a space there. I shouldn't think you would have much difficulty finding a space anywhere after last night's 'performance'. Last time I saw Ebbsfleety play was the FA Trophy final at Wembley in 2008 - was it really only 10 years ago that we were competing at that level? Perhaps your benefactor might like to make our Chairman an offer??!!
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

It 's usually pretty easy to find a parking space near the ground-it'll be really easy on Saturday-just read the posts on this forum today to find out why!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Your 'benefactor' is nothing of the sort; you are an acquisition ~ part of a bigger picture ~ as this link illustrates: http://thelondonlabia.proboards.com/thr ... ay-october

but you have nothing to fear.

We had a benefactor but she had no business sense whatsoever and we have ended up in the hands of an acquirer who is a developer.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Through no fault of hers, I will add ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

No of course not; she was led up the garden path by better educated, more worldly individuals ~ you and I both know that and we have made that clear to everybody just who they were.....

Yet this veil of secrecy and conspiracy to protect them persists within the local media and the gullible majority amongst the club's support only believe (or want to believe) what Dave Thomas permits them to be told and Thea is as vulnerable to that as anyone who believes him when he says the only way the club can be run is through benevolence.

OK then; Exeter City are run on benevolence or not? If so; on whose benevolence, because I'm buggered if I can find out to whom they are indebted.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Lady luck of course. Without those few cup runs and an extraordinary amount of money for player transfers they would be no more. People praise the trust but in my opinion it's been the coaching staff that have saved that club.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

But it's not benevolence is it!

Cup draws all down to luck, but you make your own luck and you 'have to be in it' as they say. When were we last 'in it' beyond the obscurity of the first attempt?

.....and money for players are earned through proper development and proper selling skills ~ we patently have none of that; look at the amateurish farce of O'Kane and the failure to secure a water tight deal
Last edited by merse btpir on 25 Apr 2018, 14:05, edited 2 times in total.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Plenty of parking as torquay fans will likely be sharing a taxi to the ground
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 13:50 Lady luck of course. Without those few cup runs and an extraordinary amount of money for player transfers they would be no more. People praise the trust but in my opinion it's been the coaching staff that have saved that club.
Because the Trust recruited the right people with the right credentials to undertake those roles.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Southampton Gull wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 13:50 Lady luck of course. Without those few cup runs and an extraordinary amount of money for player transfers they would be no more. People praise the trust but in my opinion it's been the coaching staff that have saved that club.
The Exeter fans rallied round when it was needed and saved the club. The Torquay fans when it was needed didn't and the club had to be handed to Osborne because there wasn't enough money or fan interest.

Yes i agree, since then they've been lucky with cup draws but then so have Torquay. Torquay could have got Man U but lost to Crawley. No luck there, just shit players and management which is still the same now. Exeter got off their arses and did something, grasped the nettle and pulled themselves up gradually. The cup runs helped propel the club forward as did player sales which they have taken advantage of.

Meanwhile when we were selling players like Olejnik, Ellis, Robertson, O'Kane etc we sold them for a bag of chocolate buttons which we always do.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Yorkieandy wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 14:10when we were selling players like Olejnik, Ellis, Robertson, O'Kane etc we sold them for a bag of chocolate buttons which we always do.
Don't start that again; what you get for a player is a combination of their potential sell-on value to the purchasor and the salary they are on from the vendor. I would say all the players Exeter have sld for decent money have had more of that 'value' in them becasue (to be frank) they have been better players; but that of couorse is subjective.

All the same whatever the semantics; you cannot put a false value on a player when you know neither of those factors and at the end of the day those United players were only truly worth to the club what they accrued for them.

I know one father of a player who was sold by a League 2 club for only a third of the true worth the buying club were prepared to go to for him. The selling club's manager took one his usual 'bungs' for a third of that, the player got a third and the selling club only got a third of what they should really have got.
Last edited by merse btpir on 25 Apr 2018, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

merse btpir wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 14:17 Don't start that again; what you get for a player is a combination of their potential sell-on value to the purchasor and the salary they are on from the vendor. I would say all the players Exeter have sld for decent money have had more of that 'value' in them becasue (to be frank) they have been better players; but that of couorse is subjective.

All the same whatever the semantics; you cannot put a fals value on a player when you know neither of those factors and at the end of the day those United players were only truly worth to the club what they accrued for them..
Disagree Merse but take your point. I'll chuck in Angus MacDonald. How much is he worth now and how much did we let him go for?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

McDonald is worth more now because he was at Barnsley when Hull bought him and now he is at Hull.

For heaven's sake he was a non league player who had dropped out of the fully pro' game at Reading and had struggled for a fair time afterwards when we sold him.

You really haven' got a clue as to the reality of it all.
TorquayDNA
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by TorquayDNA »

Dear Ebbsfleet fan. Sorry, your innocent post has been overrun by 'robust discussions' somewhat! I'm sure you didn't post on here solely for the purpose of a sneak preview of our dirty washing...

Hope you got the answers you need. Enjoy the League next season... We won't be!