Player of the season vote

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Player of the season vote

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Looks like it's still going ahead after the travesty of this year. Can't remember how it was last year - whether it's a blank piece of paper to write on or if it was a case of ticking a box next to the player name. Either way, genuinely reckon we should look to add 'the supporters' to the list and try and mass-vote that! Only people worthy of being considered in my opinion.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Romain.... says it all really
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

It beggars belief that they have the gall (sp?) to go ahead with this.

Plainmoor is going to see it's lowest crowd ever on Tuesday night (my son is staying in Babbacombe on Tuesday/Wednesday but, despite travelling with me to Hartlepool on Saturday, is not even going to go to the game) so there won't be much counting to do.

It was heartbreaking enough to leave Victoria Road knowing that we had been relegated to our lowest ever level, so why the hell would anyone want to make a 'hero' out of one of the players (plus management) that have let us down so badly over the whole season.

Yes, add 'The Supporters' to the voting slip, because we are the only ones who deserve it.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Bit like when they had the gall to go on a team bonding jolly when they were pretty much already f*****g relegated.

What a bunch of cocks at this football club. Do any of them have any ability to consider the feelings of others?!! Total and utter arsecracks!!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

United62 wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 10:49It beggars belief that they have the gall (sp?) to go ahead with this.
Idiots!

....but even bigger idiots will vote in it......who's it going to be ~ Luke (the failure) Young again?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Are they going to do a lap of honour on Saturday?

I can picture it now. Some carrying their kids; some their pet goldfish in bowls and some their sicknotes.........**** losers!
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

I would have thought that Vincent Dorel could get the shout,consistent all season although won't be here next season
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

frenchgull wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 11:44 I would have thought that Vincent Dorel could get the shout,consistent all season although won't be here next season
You're biased Frenchgull!!! :} :rofl:

....... although he has been good! =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

We've had a Player of the Year award every year since 1969 (link to them all: http://www.torquayfanstats.com/official ... f-the-year)

That's included good seasons, average season, bad seasons, horrific seasons... it's a piece of history and a tradition that should be maintained, which means doing this tomorrow night even if this is one of the horrific ones.

There are players (well, probably Young and Dorel) that have given their all this season (and played in >35 games) and if nothing else this is a chance to recognise them rather than focus on the bad things, which is what we do for the rest of the year.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Despite having a season ticket I have decided I won't be going to Plainmoor again this season so won't be voting. It's been long and difficult watching without having to suffer the inevitable applause and lap of honour they will get at the end of the game on Saturday. What a message it would send if nobody turned up!

Would be nice if enough people did vote for the fans - that would send a message - but realistically that's never going to happen. Luke Young will win it.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

I won’t be there tomorrow. The most meaningless of games. If enough stay away it may possibly send a message to the club and CO that they cannot take our support for granted.

I shall go on Saturday as it’s the last game of the season which at least gives the match a semblance of a meaning .

I hope Luke Young gets player of the year. He’s the only one that deserves it - for effort if nothing else.

I don’t blame the players for what’s happened but those that signed them and coached them. In professional sport money = performance and Saturday’s game proved once again that not enough was spent on players that could put the ball in the back of the net.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Gulliball wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 12:24 We've had a Player of the Year award every year since 1969 (link to them all: http://www.torquayfanstats.com/official ... f-the-year)

That's included good seasons, average season, bad seasons, horrific seasons... it's a piece of history and a tradition that should be maintained, which means doing this tomorrow night even if this is one of the horrific ones.

There are players (well, probably Young and Dorel) that have given their all this season (and played in >35 games) and if nothing else this is a chance to recognise them rather than focus on the bad things, which is what we do for the rest of the year.
Another good post Gulliball! I like the way you bring some level headedness to the table. I have the greatest respect for traditions of our club. Maintaining longstanding traditions are normally meaningful and joyful and seal the passages of time providing us a sense of place.

Nonetheless, when a tradition becomes an obligation it’s time to rethink its purpose. Our supporter should all want to participate in following a tradition and not feel bound by it or inconvenienced. When supporters find themselves feeling compromised because we must follow a tradition that is no longer meaningful or makes us feel uncomfortable, maybe we need to ask ourselves “Why are we doing this?”

You rightly give descriptive words for our previous seasons i.e. good, average, bad, horrific ... But for me none of these apply to this seasons debacle and if only to protect children from unsuitable material, I will refrain from giving my descriptive account of this season, needless to say its not pretty.

'Tradition is the illusion of permanence' and there is nothing I want to focus on this season (players included) that I wish to remain permanent, other than change which is the only thing permanent in life and if this means breaking with tradition so be it.
Rossi Martin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Rossi Martin »

Rory Fallon due to amazing performances at the start of the season and representing New Zealand whilst playing for Torquay. His shirt should be retired
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Rossi Martin wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 15:45 Rory Fallon due to amazing performances at the start of the season and representing New Zealand whilst playing for Torquay. His shirt should be retired
:lol: Dorel ought to get it, I reckon.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Gilbert - of course.