Unforeseen circumstances / "act of God"...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Unforeseen circumstances / "act of God"...

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Extremely sad day for TUFC.

It's a long shot but are there any circumstances which COULD prevent us being relegated e.g. Dagenham into liquidation...National League South promoted team not eligible for National League status...

Not the way to stay up granted, but I'd take it!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Not a chance. Hell will freeze over. Arsene Wenger will apply for managers post at Plainmoor and I will win the Euro Lottery twice before that happened
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Plus it would just be a 4th consecutive relegation battle season. Lessons must be learnt from this drop and investment must be made, in the team not the sodding stadium.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I've just emailed the Fragrance Group (SG) - they have invested considerably into hotels within the area. A touch of overseas investment right now would be most welcome! https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-ne ... ng-1088540
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

DARTFORD FC Stadium. Princes Park is not only up to National league standard. it's at Least league two if not even league 1 standard. its new. covered on all sides and boasts green standards that even Forest Greens owner would envy.
Should Havant and Waterloo get promoted, Westleigh park is decent and has great accommodation for away fans. undercover and the acoustics are great for away fans.
you all know that Braintree's ground is up to standard
St Albans town. with the main stand looking like its pinched from the railway station is no stranger to gulls fans. and is up to standard
Hemel Hempstead's Vauxhall Road ground is recent.(1948) so should look decent as the main clubhouse and changing rooms burnt down in a fire in 1992 so they are new as are the covered terraces at both ends on the ground. the main stand is tiny as the stand on the opposite side of the ground. the two together only hold 300 and the overall capacity is only 3600.
Chelmsford's Melbourne stadium is actually an athletics stadia, not unlike Gateshead. but a lot smaller. capacity 3052. The main stand holds 1000 and is fairly new. covered accommodation opposite via a roof attached to a building backing onto the terrace. some covered accommodation at one end too.
nope. no danger of any of them being refused unless new regulations come into force. But i'm sure someone will come along to shoot me down and prover otherwise.

Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

If my maths is right we will finish behind the team relegated in 21st place- no chance therefore I'm afraid.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Louis wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 18:44 Plus it would just be a 4th consecutive relegation battle season. Lessons must be learnt from this drop and investment must be made, in the team not the sodding stadium.
......no need for a director of recruitment or indeed an assistant manager in the Conf south, money is needed on players.
Lucy
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

:goodpost:
Louis wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 18:44 Plus it would just be a 4th consecutive relegation battle season. Lessons must be learnt from this drop and investment must be made, in the team not the sodding stadium.
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Porky »

That's quite right. You want to track the demise you could start with bristows bench. The old grandstand was out of date, but at the same time as the bench was being built we sold olejnik, Robertson, Ellis and o Kane and forgot the way to full the shiny new grandstand was product on the pitch.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

We didn't sell Okane. we gave him away. if anyone can point to anywhere that says we actually got money for him i would be interested to see that.

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

It's already been said above, we can't catch either Barrow or Woking, so it would require two clubs to fall by the wayside. But come on, hand on heart who really wants that to happen.

Football fans united, don't want our club, rightly and fully deservedly relegated to be saved by any misery heaped on another club.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Porky »

I thought he had a £175k release clause in his contract. I'm assuming he went for that amount. If he went for nothing then that's disgraceful and further evidence that the previous regime didn't have a scooby what they were doing.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Porky wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 13:11 I thought he had a £175k release clause in his contract. I'm assuming he went for that amount. If he went for nothing then that's disgraceful and further evidence that the previous regime didn't have a scooby what they were doing.
I think this was well versed in 2016. However, we did not receive any money as part of the transfer to Leeds from AFC Bournemouth, as the two clubs came to some legally binding arrangement on the transfer fee with no up front payments made - so in fairness, it was out of the old regime hands. Any payment to us was to be deferred after certain targets were met. As to whether those targets were met and whether we have received any monies since on his sell-on clause of 15% in his contract, I am unaware.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Never seem to do too well out of these transfer deals do we. And there's Exeter moaning because they
only got 2.5 million for that lad who went to Chelsea