UNCLE CLARKES RADIO DEVON INTERVIEW

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

UNCLE CLARKES RADIO DEVON INTERVIEW

Post by chunkygull »

Coinciding with the article on BBC newspage, did anyone else hear the piece about the club on Radio Devon this morning. Gordon Sparkes actually seemed very smypathetic to our plight to be fair. Finally Clarke Osbourne granted the BBC a proper interview, there were interesting highlights played, I'm sure it said the full interview will be added to the BBC iplayer at two tomorrow.
There was also a good interview with Chris Fleet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p062byzn

Starts at 1.48
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

chunkygull wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 21:51 Coinciding with the article on BBC newspage, did anyone else hear the piece about the club on Radio Devon this morning. Gordon Sparkes actually seemed very smypathetic to our plight to be fair. Finally Clarke Osbourne granted the BBC a proper interview, there were interesting highlights played, I'm sure it said the full interview will be added to the BBC iplayer at two tomorrow.
There was also a good interview with Chris Fleet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p062byzn

Starts at 1.48
Are you and Merse the same person?

His post on BTPIR about this is almost word for word identical to yours :|
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

The important thing is to get the news out asap Jerry....it is indeed on BTPIR soon after I learned of it on here.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

They said it would be broadcast on Radio Devon in full from 2pm tomorrow. From the snippets of the interview, Richardson wasn’t asking comfortable questions. Hopefully the rest of the interview is the same as these opportunities provide useful reference points.

Osborne stresses that if others are vehemently opposed to a new stadium, he will carry on regardless. Not that he has seen through a relocation to a new stadium ever, albeit we know what ‘carry on regardless’ has meant elsewhere.

Personally, I can’t see beyond us being **** owing to his history, but sounds like it may be worth a listen.

Unlike most Torquay fans, I have heard a number of Osborne interviews (this is the first broadcast one to ‘the press’ in 16 months of ownership) in the past. They were sugar coated and pithy promise laden affairs with an end result of rubble, dust and Club death. Let’s hope we are different.

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Rather have Clarke Griswold as owner than Clarke Osborne.

Can see it now.

National Lampoons Regional Football Vacation
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

I’d rather have Clark Kent.

We’re going to need someone with super powers to get us out of this pickle.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

gullpower wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 10:51 I’d rather have Clark Kent.

We’re going to need someone with super powers to get us out of this pickle.
Ah but Clarke Osborne IS a super hero. He has rescued TUFC apparently. :-/
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Could also have Clarke Gable but then thinking about it, that would be the same as having Osborne as they both like saying the same thing:

"Frankly, my dear, i don't give a damn................(about Torquay United FC)"
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Or just a new owner wearing Clarkes shoes even?

Then he can put his size 10's up Owers' ass and boot him as far away from Torquay as possible.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Or maybe F W de Clarke?

The man involved in the abolition of apartheid.

Maybe he could get himself involved in the abolition of shitness, failure and dubiousness at TUFC once and for all?
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

I think i'm outta Clarkes. :'(
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

You could always try Shoe Express......
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Full interview here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p062znxp starts at 12:45
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

So he admits sacking Nico was a knee jerk reaction and there was no plan in place afterwards, and that Owers and Harrop will certainly be in charge next season despite relegation and such a godawful record. Absolutely damning. I just can't find the words to describe the anger over this.

Listened to the thoughts of the fans after the Osbourne interview and I was baffled at the two who thought that Owers was without a doubt the man to take us forward next season, that he's done a good job this season, and what were we expecting from him? Maybe not to take us down, maybe not replace the entire team twice over. I mean that would be a start. It just beggars belief that people can give this kind of support at this stage.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Orange Gull wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 23:35 So he admits sacking Nico was a knee jerk reaction and there was no plan in place afterwards, and that Owers and Harrop will certainly be in charge next season despite relegation and such a godawful record. Absolutely damning. I just can't find the words to describe the anger over this.

Listened to the thoughts of the fans after the Osbourne interview and I was baffled at the two who thought that Owers was without a doubt the man to take us forward next season, that he's done a good job this season, and what were we expecting from him? Maybe not to take us down, maybe not replace the entire team twice over. I mean that would be a start. It just beggars belief that people can give this kind of support at this stage.
Doesn't surprise me that he said that, the fact it took them a month to find another manager when clubs in similar positions appointed in the week, told you all you needed to know about how prepared the club was for his sacking. Also how inexperienced Harrop was in appointing a manager and how unsuited he is for a General Manager role.

There's a pretty strong argument that it was that month without a manager which has relegated us rather than Nicholson's awful recruitment and Owers' unachievement. If we'd picked up a couple of wins in that month of drift, we'd have been in a strong position to stay up.