Hartlepool United V Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
HUFC1953

Hartlepool United V Torquay United

Post by HUFC1953 »

Hartlepool United fan in peace hear Gulls fans.
My own team are safe now and I know your precarious position. I was at Plainmoor last year and given a bit more luck you could have and probably should have won against Pools. Both clubs are very similar despite geographical distance. Bloody awful owners (ours have now been replaced but at what cost?) I have followed your off the field story and sympathise. I hope your off the field problems get solved and you get back to where you should be playing City and Argyle regularly. I wish you all the best for the last games and believe you will win at Hartlepool on Saturday. I first saw The Gulls play in 1966 or 67 and the football league needs the yellows and blues. So in conclusion: Safe journey if you are travelling Saturday and best of luck and my good wishes to you all.
Shangull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Carson

Post by Shangull »

very good of you.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Thanks for your e-mail,Hartlepool are realistically a football league club and after this season may well be on the rise again whereas Torquay are in freefall at alarming pace.
To state Newcastle Utd not far from you the owner does not want to invest in the club but wants to reap rewards financially so runs it on a shoestring. They like Torquay would also be in decline the difference being that in Benitez a quality manager can get the best out of average players.
Torquay does not have that luxury so with similar players and a manager who is poor added with an owner who has no interest with Torquay as a football club there is only one way to go.
Wish you well for next season as Torquays Annus horribilis continues abated as it has for a number of years.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

greb46 wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 06:22 Thanks for your e-mail
Are you Ray in disguise? =D
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

We can only focus on ourselves. Hartlepool are safe, played on Tuesday and got a player sent off. In terms of motivation and fatigue, surely things are in our favour? We know we have to win. Barrow have a couple of tough games (Aldershot away and Bromley away) and if we can win our next two and they lose their next two we'll be looking at a final day showdown between us, Barrow and Woking.

If we win our next two, Barrow lose their next two, Woking will beat Guiseley probably, the final day will look like this:

20th: Woking 48 points -> Woking v Dover final game
----------------------------
21st: Barrow 47 points -> Barrow v Chester final game
22nd Torquay 46 points -> Torquay v Ebbsfleet final game

You never know in a one-off game how the pressure may affect the others - there could be a sending off, injury, mistake, who knows. If we can force a final day showdown then the pressure is on the others to better our result. Most likely we are going down but you never know.

COYY
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

I must need my head examining! Providing junior can get time off work, we are going to make the 600 mile round trip tomorrow.

*pause* whilst every single one of you thinks to themselves 'f**king idiots, don't they know it will be a waste of time/money/effort watching that shower of shite capitulate again'

She That Must Be Obeyed has already questioned my sanity this season... 'Why do you go and see them all the time, they only lose when you do, and you're a right miserable f**ker for days afterwards'.

Well, maybe they will win tomorrow. Maybe Barrow will cock up their run-in. Woking too (yes, doesn't seem possible does it!)*

As Midlandgull has already pointed out 'you never know'.

And having been a United supporter for more years than I care to remember, this is Torquay United, we don't do things the easy way.

*Not going to happen, is it.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Fair play to you United62. It's a heck of a trip.

Hartlepool itself though is actually a good day out if you are planning to visit some places (if you have time of course) beforehand.

Seaton Carew and beach is literally just around the corner from the historic quay area where the ground is and of course the historic quay itself with the museum is fantastic and free!
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

Yorkieandy wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 13:39 Hartlepool itself though is actually a good day out if you are planning to visit some places (if you have time of course) beforehand.
Are you kidding! The least time spent in the Grim North, the better! .... drive there, get depressed (again), drive home, huge sigh of relief as we join the M11 knowing that'll be the last time (for a while) we have to venture to the land of whippets and flat caps and shite beer.

:keepie:
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

:lol:

The South West has its fair share of shite beers. Take Sharps of Cornwall for example. Started off with the wonderful iconic Doom Bar and then got so big for their boots and market dominant that they are just mass producing all sorts of generic shite nowadays.

Try Wold Top beers brewed near Filey in North Yorkshire. Dedicated and family brewers where first and foremost beer matters. They've got some amazing beers.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

Yorkieandy wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 15:19 :lol:

The South West has its fair share of shite beers. Take Sharps of Cornwall for example. Started off with the wonderful iconic Doom Bar and then got so big for their boots and market dominant that they are just mass producing all sorts of generic shite nowadays.

Try Wold Top beers brewed near Filey in North Yorkshire. Dedicated and family brewers where first and foremost beer matters. They've got some amazing beers.

I don't doubt that all... but as I live in the South East I very rarely get to sample South West-based beers.

Even though it's more 'East' than 'South', I have a penchant for Adnam's beers.... 'Broadside' being a particular favourite.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Are we likely to lose BBC Radio Devon match day comms when we drop to NLS?
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Me and the Time Bandit have decided to go tomorrow, be having a pint in The Corner Flag before the game. might be the last one we see for some time........ :-/
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 15:19 :lol:

I agree used to love doom bar when it was made in the north of Cornwall.....now made in Burton it's just lost all its appeal.
I love real ale from local and micro brewery from all around the UK
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Full respect to all that go tomorrow. Interesting betting on bet365, Hartlepool are 2/1 for win torquay are 6/5. What's that about
Lucy
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

lucy6lucy wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 20:27 Full respect to all that go tomorrow. Interesting betting on bet365, Hartlepool are 2/1 for win torquay are 6/5. What's that about
Probably reflects that Torquay have more to play for.