Basingstoke FC V Torquay United - Match day thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

What have we learned?

Now we know why Nico hasn't stayed on the touchline to manage games. He can't.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

is the first purpose of hope to make hopelessness bearable.

Added in :
is the first purpose of hope to make hopelessness bearable.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Hope Breedy & Co give severe bollockings all round first and hardest of which goes to the manager.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Stourbrigde (with Karl Hawley up front) 3-0 Kidderminster also.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

One game, one bloody game, when the team is really expected to perform. And they screw it up, again. I am so pissed off with this regular disappointment. Let down yet again.
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

note for KN's diary
Need to find a way of signing
1. Experienced Keeper
2.Experienced CB
3.Experienced M
4.Experienced Striker

could be a problem but we are f+++++++d unless he does
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

For me it's all about pride and this outfit do not have any.The manager and his assistant are Torquay supporters but I am afraid that there is not a player who gives two hoots about Torquay United.In the past I was not bothered about the F A cup simply because we are never going to win it and with all the years of supporting Torquay it's been a down hill load of results since Leeds beat us 2 1 sixty odd years ago, but the last few years it's has been a source of revenue that we have squandered away.I will put this result away for a week and look for a result neXT weekend.If I was Kevin Nicholson I would make our squad watch the South Africa/ New Zealand rugby to show them just what pride in the shirt really means.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

What a scoreline.Unbelieveable. We played so well against Grimsby and then concede 3 to Basingstoke.

We should never have released Downes a real rock in defense and boy are we missing you Aaron

Without Luke Young in midfield there is no one even close to his level and Kevin just has to realise we need to beg borrow and steal some experience otherwise we are going down.

Time to use the Players Fund Mr Chairman not that it will buy much. Desperate times.
haz316
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: elliot benyon

Post by haz316 »

Burnham on Sea girl guides would probably beat this lot.disgraceful.players wages should be given to the supporters who spent their hard earned wages to go and watch this
Onedayitwillbegood
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Gilbert the gull

Post by Onedayitwillbegood »

Our defensive unit for the past 3 - 4 seasons simply hasn't been anywhere good enough we've had good individuals ie downes but week after week sides turn up and repeatedly score from all set pieces almost at will and at the other end of the pitch when was the last time we had a proper partnership Tyrone marsh looks a decent prospect but where's the big strong physical presence that nearly every other team has nowhere
al roxzar
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: danny stevens

Post by al roxzar »

What is the matter with this team, under KN I thought they would have more backbone and be able to beat a team like this, get into the FA Cup proper and generate some much needed finance. I blame the spineless board for not having the foresight to see this happening, I hope I am wrong but if we carry on playing like this and Basingstoke do not get relegated we will be playing them again next year if we do not go into administration or liquidation
hustgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by hustgull »

Only thing that gives me hope in terms of avoiding relegation is that other teams down and around us seem to be just as bad as we are. Southport and Kidderminster both also lost to lower league opposition today.
Caldwellanddobson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by Caldwellanddobson »

There is nothing positive to be gained from today's experience. I am on the train on the way home and can think of no part of today's performance that could generate any pride, praise or even, shrugging indulgent disappointment. We were truly awful. I was told off by a police officer for expressing how awful I felt we were. In all my years of supporting this club I genuinely cannot think of a lower point. Ever. What depresses me more though is that if we avoid relegation this season, we'll be just as awful next season. And the season after that. And the season after that. And so on. For ever.
york_gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by york_gull »

Worst day as a Torquay fan for me. Players show absolutely no desire to play for the club. We have no leaders on the pitch, we are unorganised every time I see us play it's as if it's the first time they've ever met each other. How Richards lasted 90 mins is a mystery to me! I understand financial restrictions result in a lower calibre of player but at least make up for technical incapabilities with hard work.
Sesimbra
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sam Collins

Post by Sesimbra »

When you have players who have no desire to play for the club, as York gull suggested, then you must place the blame on the manager. Appointing yet another ex-player as manager with no managerial experience was folly in my opinion. KN no doubt is a very nice man but I do wonder if his first concern is furthering his playing career rather than managerial responsibilities. If that is not true then he has fallen short as a manager.