Hargreaves, Hodges and Veysey on Gardening leave

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

This is a good decision having a clear out it was needed I hope we get things right this time and hope the new manager is up to the job.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

If he's not we can always count on your expertise............

:keepie: :keepie: :keepie:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Southampton Gull wrote:If he's not we can always count on your expertise............

:keepie: :keepie: :keepie:
Yes stupid gull you can.

Added in 4 minutes 40 seconds:
arcadia wrote:
Yes stupid gull you can.

After all I was right Hargreaves had to go before any money was put in, but once again you knew better and supported Hargreaves still you always liked gardening.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Duh. The old regime kept him on until the bitter end. New regime = new man, no shock there.

As for you being "right", there's always a chance, not happened yet though ;-)
Dave

yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

rickl wrote:CH should have been able to do better with the squad he had. I just can't buy his comments that he had so many players that was not his signings. That shouldn't stop him from motivating them to do a good job for the club.

I follow Rosenborg here in Norway. The last 2-3 seasons the club had a useless manager who was more focused on "getting back on the horse" each time the team lost a match or played bad. So at the end of last season he finally got sacked and a new manager came in. He had a completely different approach to the game, training and motivation. After a few start problems in the first few games they went on a 10 game winning streak to close the season. The start of this season has seen this form continue.

He has basically the same group of players as the old manager but it looks like a brand new team. Players that have been utterly awful for years are now setting "the league on fire". The mood in the squad are much better. If CH was a great manager he should have been able to do something like this as well.
But then again, maybe he just had crap players...
Much as Leroy did with McFarland's players.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Lee Hodges has just been reappointed as manager of Truro, with Rory Fallon as his number 2 in a player coach role. Good luck to him!
The gulls are going up
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

gullno4 wrote:Lee Hodges has just been reappointed as manager of Truro, with Rory Fallon as his number 2 in a player coach role. Good luck to him!
I hadn't heard this news. I'm gobsmacked. What has happened to the fantastic Steve Tully/Wayne Calisle partnership that gained promotion for Truro to the National South and then straight through to the play-offs ? Football has become a seedy business.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Apparently they fell out over a player, Carlisle said he couldn't commit fully to the role and stepped down, Tully didn't find a suitable replacement and got sacked! I don't know any of this for definite so don't take that as gospel! While we're talking about Truro, their player of the season Ricey has left and signed for Gosport
The gulls are going up
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Ricey? You don't mean 'keeper Martin Rice, do you?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Yes, he's signed for one of my old clubs, Gosport Borough. He'll need a smaller jersey than the one I used to wear though ;-)
Dave