New Owners

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Have we been looking though? That is a genuine question as I don't know the answer. The two attempts that have been made public were both rejected immediately as we wanted to deal exclusively with GI. I don't think you can use a lack of any other bids as evidence that we have to sell to GI as it was the board who made it this way.

If GI are good owners and all goes ahead then that's great, but we have not (certainly not publically at least) courted any other bids.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Oh Fer Christ Sake
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courteney Richards

Post by Oh Fer Christ Sake »

Neal wrote:"A move to a new stadium is essential if the club is to survive well into the 21st century. With all the revenue streams this would provide, the club would be in a long-term sustainable situation and the new owners would turn a decent and well-deserved profit into the bargain."

Do you REALLY believe ALL those revenue streams will end up in the hands of TUFC The Football club, your having a laugh.

The stadium and football club will almost certainly be 2 separate identities. TUFC STADIA will charge a rent the club can barely afford. Oh yes in the first year for PR exercise the playing budget will increase probably marginally to keep you lot happy and get you on side, after the first season that will be it. That's my prediction.

I have no evidence, and none of you do either that I am not correct. But I can make a bl**dy good guess when there is money involved.

Oh yes they will have a PR spokesman who will say all the right things, just like politicians do, believe everything you hear at your peril.

Why cant they (GI) come out with a statement about their motive before they finalise the deal. We know who they are now so I cannot see why that would be a problem. Actually if they were honest and said, yes we are in it for the money BUT, we WILL increase the playing budget year on year depending on the stadia income I might, and I say might buy that. But I doubt they will. Football clubs at this level don't make money, but they consume allot, and to get out of this league you are gonna need allot.
So you'll only believe something a spokesman has to say as long as it aligns with your own baseless prejudices? Christ alive, you're allowed to serve on a Jury. That's a scary prospect.

I'm with Forever, at present there is so much that we don't know that making any sweeping judgments that this lot are money grabbing bastards, intent on doing down the little man for their own greedy ends (or any other tale one might wish to tell oneself) is just silly. Let's wait and see what unfolds over the next few months before we start making up our minds as to the plan of action of GI. We can make a reasonable guess that they're in it to make a profit, but as I keep saying (and as keeps being ignored, because it simply doesn't fit into the "everyone be terrified of the outsider" mantra), there seems to be no good reason that running the football club into the ground needs to be part of their model. Indeed, and for the tenth time at least, attracting 2000 visitors a week to your bowling alley/cinema/Frankie and Beanies franchise seems like a bloody good strategy to me.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Another week has passed and the deathly silence from Gaming International continues. I'd planned to purchase my season ticket at the end of this week but I'm still very much in two minds whether to go ahead or not.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Is there a local election coming up as I read somewhere that the outcome of the election could have a bearing on the take over. One party will allow
the new ground but the other is against it. I think it must be a cliff hanger otherwise they would be in charge now. :rules: Get it signed Mr Phillips.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

arcadia wrote:Is there a local election coming up as I read somewhere that the outcome of the election could have a bearing on the take over. One party will allow
the new ground but the other is against it. I think it must be a cliff hanger otherwise they would be in charge now. :rules: Get it signed Mr Phillips.
Only election coming up is the EU referendum. Perhaps GI are hoping to build new stadium with cheap Latvian labour and EU grants. :~D
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

tomogull wrote:Another week has passed and the deathly silence from Gaming International continues. I'd planned to purchase my season ticket at the end of this week but I'm still very much in two minds whether to go ahead or not.
Exactly the same opinion!
paul tufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by paul tufc »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: Exactly the same opinion!
Totally agree I really need to know what is going to happen before I part with my hard earned money. Come on Torquay it is time for more information about what is hapening , these delays have to be having a adverse effect on the day to day running of the club.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

paul tufc wrote: Totally agree I really need to know what is going to happen before I part with my hard earned money. Come on Torquay it is time for more information about what is hapening , these delays have to be having a adverse effect on the day to day running of the club.
Same here, I wont be buying one this season until I hear what the intentions are from GI.
TUST MEMBER
Ottery gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Ottery gull »

This is the first post I have made since moving to Devon from North London. Previously I was Northharrowgull.
I have read with some concern the many posts about the impending sale to GI.
What I find most disquieting is the complete lack of communication from anyone from GI.
Despite the confidentiality arrangements, in my mind nothing would prevent a well intentioned buyer from making it crystal clear that his/her their plans for the club would be welcomed by fans, much as Dave Phillips implied in his communication a few weeks ago. So, I am truly quite fearful that GI's real intentions are to make a quick buck or thousand and stuff TUFC
I really hope I'm wrong but the signs are in my opinion pretty grim. :@
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I do not think Dave Phillips would intentionally act against the best interests of the club, also I am prepared to accept the GI may be a good thing, unlike some who appear to oppose it for the sake of opposing it. However even I now admit something seems to be amiss. Obviously the new stadium is key to GI's plans, they would not want the club without the stadium. But if they are experiencing problems with the council over planning permission then the club is in peril. If GI do not get planning permission then I would expect them to pull out of the deal. Then another close season and opportunity would have been wasted by the board granting a period of exclusitivity to a bidder who failed to complete. Last summer an opportunity was lost and possibly again this summer. This only pushes TUFC closer to the brink. Exclusitivity should surely only be offered if the bidder is 99% certain of delivering otherwise they are just time wasting and preventing the club looking at other options.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

I hope that someone is working on a Plan B?

Last year we had to provide a bond to the conference, I think it was in the region of £250,000, not sure on the closing date this year.

It will soon be time to break out the Piggy banks.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Basingstoke were going to move to a new stadium, took years of planning, appeals etc etc, the land had been in place for ages, proposed new buyers for the current ground, after all that planning was not approved because the local community in that area didn't want it. Some on here seem to think there is going to be a bowling alley, or houses or Frankie and f ing Bennys, maybe Disneyland as part of it. That aint gonna happen in weeks, even months or probably years. Maybe there are already plans that have been submitted and I don't know about them, but I doubt it as again I havnt seen any in the HE or anywhere else.

GI might be trying to get some commitment from the council but the council will never commit fully until all the process of planning has gone through, so they will have to take a punt at some point. Maybe someone with some planning knowledge can enlighten us on the process and the likely time to get such a development approved. But like I said the Basingstoke Town move was thought of as in the bag, but it didn't happen.
TUST MEMBER
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: Exactly the same opinion!
Thought about this over the last couple of days and today went to the ground and brought a season ticket for next year

Why?

I've come to the decision based on KN is trying to get a good squad together now, he cant wait for GI to sort their act out, funds he has available only aids that. £200 is very good value for a ST, Nicho wants players nailed down and be ready to go, i think we are nearly at 650 sold too.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Am I the only one worried/bricking it/concerned/panicking that this saga is dragging on and on?
The Club must surely make a statement of some kind sooner rather than later.