The Gary Johnson effect

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Loaned!!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Am I missing something here. How can the owner of a business lend money to that business. Clarke Osborne owns Torquay United. If as WHG says is correct, how is Clarke Osborne supposed to repay the loan to himself. As poor old Mrs Bristows found out, Torquay United do not have any assets to cover these loans and therefore she lost an estimated £4,000,000 in loans when she gave the club away.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

EddUK12 wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 21:04 [

Why dont you answer the question i have asked a number of times? Here it is again.
Why would I since it's not a view I share?

Why don't you answer your own question, I sense you have an enlightened riposte.
Dave

dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Hi EddUK12. It seems to me that a lot of people who post on this forum seem to have an agenda that they stick to, such as the criticism of Clarke Osborne and yet when you try to make comments, weather right or wrong that go against their posts, they fail to respond to the other side of the debate. I thought that was what fans forum's were about. People express their opinions and others debate those posts. Apparently I am wrong. They should have a section on this forum called The Clarke Osborne is a w***** page
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

dawlishmatt wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 21:13 Am I missing something here. How can the owner of a business lend money to that business. Clarke Osborne owns Torquay United.
You are missing something, yes.

It is posted in the accounts as loans. The amount owed by Torquay United Association Football Club Limited to Riviera Stadium Limited as at 31 March 2018 was £1,200,000. This is an increase of £840,000 from 31 March 2017. The accounts do not say who had lent £1,230,000 to Riviera Stadium Limited, but the liability is shown as due within one year from balance sheet date.

It would have been charged against the freehold by now, but for those with a knowledge of his back catalogue. Instead, act two is requesting alternative land for development of pie sky Stadia plus housing/commercial ending in housing/commercial only, as per plenty of other places well documented that I’ve yet to see you acknowledge in your many pro or ‘alternative theory’ Osborne posts (approaching 100%) made since first posting.

Also, I think the point made about loanees was that they won’t cost much, if anything, when from a club much higher up the pyramid and where those players are getting game time. A well trodden football path Johnson knows all about.

Dave - I’m not convinced he’d acknowledge any such reminder. They had the 10th anniversary last October of losing everything after Osborne’s promise laden involvement. Sad. And true.

It was only a couple of weeks ago we were at Twerton, where Rovers spent a decade in exile while their old ground became an IKEA, ffs. You’d think that might jog dm’s memory. As said before, enjoying it while it lasts is good advice. I intend to.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Rjc70 wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 21:56 You are missing something, yes.

[highlight=yellow]It is posted in the accounts as loans. The amount owed by Torquay United Association Football Club Limited to Riviera Stadium Limited as at 31 March 2018 was £1,200,000. This is an increase of £840,000 from 31 March 2017. The accounts do not say who had lent £1,230,000 to Riviera Stadium Limited, but the liability is shown as due within one year from balance sheet date.

[/highlight]It would have been charged against the freehold by now, but for those with a knowledge of his back catalogue. Instead, act two is requesting alternative land for development of pie sky Stadia plus housing/commercial ending in housing/commercial only, as per plenty of other places well documented that I’ve yet to see you acknowledge in your many pro or ‘alternative theory’ Osborne posts (approaching 100%) made since first posting.

Also, I think the point made about loanees was that they won’t cost much, if anything, when from a club much higher up the pyramid and where those players are getting game time. A well trodden football path Johnson knows all about.

Dave - I’m not convinced he’d acknowledge any such reminder. They had the 10th anniversary last October of losing everything after Osborne’s promise laden involvement. Sad. And true.

It was only a couple of weeks ago we were at Twerton, where Rovers spent a decade in exile while their old ground became an IKEA, ffs. You’d think that might jog dm’s memory. As said before, enjoying it while it lasts is good advice. I intend to.
Have a look at highlighted part of the above post for your answer dawlishmatt.
It will save me time to say the same thing. (Thanks Rjc70)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 21:51 Hi EddUK12. It seems to me that a lot of people who post on this forum seem to have an agenda that they stick to, such as the criticism of Clarke Osborne and yet when you try to make comments, weather right or wrong that go against their posts, they fail to respond to the other side of the debate. I thought that was what fans forum's were about. People express their opinions and others debate those posts. Apparently I am wrong. They should have a section on this forum called The Clarke Osborne is a w***** page
I dont think anyone is saying that he is w.
Just the fact that he cant be trusted to deliver what he promises when it comes to sports stadia.
The sooner you grasp that Fact, the better. I doubt whether you will though, as I and others have been telling you that ever since you have started posting on the forum.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

EddUK12 wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 21:45 It's not a view you want to share or you don't share your views on that particular question?

You're not getting any warmer.
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

What question?
Dave

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

EddUK12 wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 22:33 Im not saying he can be trusted but would like to know if as stated by many the owner wanted the club relegated [highlight=yellow]why then employ GJ, stay full time wasting more money and get promoted? (assuming we do) what does the owner get out of that?
[/highlight]
Quite simply, he would obviously get a better return if he sells the club on if the council wont sell him the freehold.
The club would be more appealing to any new owner if we get promoted to the NL than a club still in the NLS. I thought that would have been obvious.

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

EddUK12 wrote: 05 Feb 2019, 09:33 Which is the oppersite to wanting to run it into the ground simply for the land.

So he now wants it as a going concern and maybe notices there might be a bit of money to made out of the club as such
His primary goal is to get the freehold. Like he has managed to do at all the other sports sites he has owned and where of course, he has failed to build anything.
Selling the club would happen if he doesnt get it.
He wont run the the club into the ground as you put it, as he would get a zero return for the loans he has put into the club that we have already mentioned.
Again, I thought that would be obvious.
Last edited by SuperNickyWroe on 05 Feb 2019, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.

TUST Member 468

dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Supernickywroe. So am I right in saying that the football club have loans totalling over £1,200,000 which are due to be be repaid next month? If so then how can the club pay these loans off and I suspect in excess of a million quid on top which is probably what Osborne has loaned the club since that statement was produced.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: 05 Feb 2019, 10:18 Supernickywroe. So am I right in saying that the football club have loans totalling over £1,200,000 which are due to be be repaid next month? If so then how can the club pay these loans off and I suspect in excess of a million quid on top which is probably what Osborne has loaned the club since that statement was produced.
I think you will find that the loans will be ongoing.

TUST Member 468

dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Supernickywroe. If you look at an article written by David Thomas on the Devonlive website, dated 21st August 2018, Thomas gives a detailed breakdown of the annual accounts up to June 2017. The article states that the club spent more than £ 300,000 than the income they received. Thomas also states that this dept was covered by loans from Riveria stadiums limited and over £ 296,000 of this loan was written off. To my knowledge Clarke Osborne is the sole owner of RSl.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

dawlishmatt wrote: 05 Feb 2019, 10:59 Supernickywroe. If you look at an article written by David Thomas on the Devonlive website, dated 21st August 2018, Thomas gives a detailed breakdown of the annual accounts up to June 2017. The article states that the club spent more than £ 300,000 than the income they received. Thomas also states that this dept was covered by loans from Riveria stadiums limited and over £ 296,000 of this loan was written off. To my knowledge Clarke Osborne is the sole owner of RSl.
Beginning to get your modus operandi. Don’t acknowledge some things that challenge such as no Stadia being built and then raise counter points. The figures were from the actual accounts and were published in January 2019. I’d take that over a Dave Thomas Uncle Clarke exclusive.