Gary Johnson, stick or twist?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Do you support GJ?

Poll ended at 17 Jan 2023, 14:06

Yes - keep him
52%
No - get rid
48%

Total votes: 69

Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Admiral wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 10:05 I wonder who Bot has voted for? 20 odd ‘stick’ votes in the last 2 days compared with about 2 get rid votes. It’s all a conspiracy!
ha only I have access to the Bot account and can confirm that Bot hasn’t voted and that all other votes are legitimate non SG interfered votes to kill any conspiracies. Also only I have server access to see who has voted.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Louis wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 18:10 ha only I have access to the Bot account....
If you have access to the Bot account why did you chose to call it Bot? When I first saw it I assumed it was a hack because of the name.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Because it is a bot? It auto posts news articles.

Shall I rename it to Shirley?
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Louis wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 18:44 Because it is a bot? It auto posts news articles.

Shall I rename it to Shirley?
Would be nice.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I voted 'keep him' on the basis that we have no idea who any replacement would be or if they are any better and that the players are showing spirit and making enough effort. The main problem is that lack of funds means we haven't been able to get (or keep) players of a higher standard. Would that change with a new manager? I don't think so.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

What I find most interesting is the timing of the voting pattern. What changed yesterday to swing the vote from 90%+ out after about 30 votes to about 52/48 by 56 votes?

Remembering how well it went after the last 52% result maybe we should keep him after all…
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

dawlishmatt wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 17:57 What a shame that the morons who spoil this forum have ruined the poll that Louis started. I would have loved to see a honest poll and see how many fans want Johnson out and how many want him to stay.
Irony at its best 😂
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

dawlishmatt wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 17:57 What a shame that the morons who spoil this forum have ruined the poll that Louis started. I would have loved to see a honest poll and see how many fans want Johnson out and how many want him to stay.
The vote will be stopped as soon as the balance tips in Johnsons favour Dawlish....I have not come over on the banana boat to think otherwise :lol:

We are stuck with Johnson as I have said before, bit gone in the summer, lets hope he can keep us up my friend

Remember on the other blog it was voted 74% Johnson out and 374 people voted !!!! :scarf:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

DevonBee wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 19:48 The vote will be stopped as soon as the balance tips in Johnsons favour Dawlish....I have not come over on the banana boat to think otherwise :lol:
You obviously slipped on a banana as the person who created the poll has already stated he voted Go. I would actually find it hilarious if you two had to watch the poll go against you 😂😂😂
Dave

DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Southampton Gull wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 19:52 You obviously slipped on a banana as the person who created the poll has already stated he voted Go. I would actually find it hilarious if you two had to watch the poll go against you 😂😂😂
I dont personally like bananas , so no problem there.
The Poll with just over 50 voters would really not bother me whatever the result.
Supporting this club out of the bottom 4 is all that matters and hopeful with a few tweaks to personell this will happen.

Johnson will be history, just hope part of his history in the English Riviera does not end in relegation for our sake.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Just listened to a podcast or 2 from today and the topic of conversation in both of them was Johnsons disrespectful comment to the 802 who travelled to Yeovil on NYD. I appreciate comments are often made in the heat of the moment by managers after another annoying defeat....however it was a disgusting comment from an experienced manager who needs the supporters on his side Now more than ever.
Nothing much said on this forum about it suprisingly.......Or was I the only one of the 802 that attended that day ?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

There's nobody better placed to stop that happening than GJ, that's the point. If he messes up this time then I guess all the 'Go' voters can feel vindicated.
Dave

desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Sorry DevonBee I've actually forgotten what the disgusting, disrespectful comment was ! Can you remind me .
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Johnson stated you are either with us.........or against us
Quite disrespectful with what has been served up this season, and especially to the 802 at Yeovil......400 who had stood and supported this
awful team in the Pi33ing rain. A few had chanted Johnson out at the end, and he obviously did not like it.
You would expect a Manager representing the club, who needs supporters on his side more than ever would know better.
Just my opinion....an apology would not go amiss.
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

DevonBee wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 21:24 Johnson stated you are either with us.........or against us
Quite disrespectful with what has been served up this season, and especially to the 802 at Yeovil......400 who had stood and supported this
awful team in the Pi33ing rain. A few had chanted Johnson out at the end, and he obviously did not like it.
You would expect a Manager representing the club, who needs supporters on his side more than ever would know better.
Just my opinion....an apology would not go amiss.
I imagine anyone would ignore fans who are chanting that they want him out, can't really be surprised with the reaction