Torquay v AFC Fylde 11/04 (was pp on 3/3/18)

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

desperado wrote: 01 Mar 2018, 12:27 As for that bloke Young Merse , his Mum wont let him play if the weather stays as cold as this
With base layer top and bottom and gloves; cold is not a problem for Calvin and his mum would never stop him any more than she would ever go to watch him play I'm afraid.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

desperado wrote: 01 Mar 2018, 13:33 It was 0-0 , David Fry was in goal, Mario Walsh and Steve Phillips up front, Mark Loram played but apart
from him was a pretty awful side
Steve Phillips remember him well. Run the youth club with his wife I seem to remember
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Sorry, I meant ' Merse, as for that bloke (Luke) Young , his Mum wont let him play'
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

This could be the second week we have remained undefeated. =D
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

desperado wrote: 01 Mar 2018, 15:12Sorry, I meant ' Merse, as for that bloke (Luke) Young , his Mum wont let him play'
:~D It's not what you say but the way that you say it then...........my mistake; getting the wrong end of the stick. I've been doing that in all sorts of ways recently and upsetting all sorts of different people along the way.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

desperado wrote: 01 Mar 2018, 12:27 I remember a home game v Crewe on March 1st 1986 played on a snow covered hard pitch, just checked the gate, was 850
Lowest ever crowd for a league game.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

merse btpir wrote: 01 Mar 2018, 19:01 :~D It's not what you say but the way that you say it then...........my mistake; getting the wrong end of the stick. I've been doing that in all sorts of ways recently and upsetting all sorts of different people along the way.
Senile old bugger ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

No news of the Pitch Inspection. I guess the referee cannot get to Plainmoor. Bound to be off. 8 out of 12 National League games now off.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

ITS OFF on the OS now
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well here's the first huge shock of the day, surprised the match wasn't called off yesterday. Not just the pitch even now many roads in, out, and around the bay are impassable, with the potential for more snow, some freezing rain, and any thawing snow re-freezing right through until Monday, was never going to happen.
Formerly known as forevertufc
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

More than likely the 'local official' couldn't get in yesterday and in any case once he makes his opinion known the game is still not officially off until the league have been informed and their permission sought and granted.......that's what took it up until 10.30. It's not the only game they had to deal with it it!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yep fully understand all of that, but the pitch was never going be the deciding factor here, the pitch could have deemed playable this morning, would this game be able to go ahead, no, not a chance . However, I'm sure officials of Torquay and Fylde could have discussed this yesterday (maybe they did) gone to the league and said, travel for Fylde down to Torquay 'X' , weather conditions in Torquay 'Y' ,on going weather forecast 'Z' can we have permission to call it off, pretty sure it would be granted.

Travel conditions around here today in anything other than a 4X4 are near impossible in parts, maybe saved a local official the bother.
Formerly known as forevertufc
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

Interesting discussion on HE Podcast about weather.
Concord Rangers who are based on Canvey Island refused to travel to Truro on Tuesday for a National South fixture because of the weather.
The guys at HE could not believe it but I think they overlooked that the awful weather this week started in Kent/Essex on Tuesday.
Anyway the outcome was that Truro called it off because the pitch was frozen but was it??
Tomorrow the only game still on in the National League is at Dover with Leyton Orient the visitors.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

I'm with Concord Rangers. The whole area that they are travelling to (South West) has had absolute chaos in the last day or so (as have most of us at varying times) with the weather so does it make sense to risk travelling? Does it bugger. Sensible decision.

I notice that West Ham manager David Moyes is reluctant to travel to Swansea for their game tomorrow. I don't blame him. It's a bloody football match fgs and it can wait. There's always another day. Why risk it and why add to the congestion and possibly to the problem?
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Just in case nobody's noticed, we play this game tomorrow :clap: