Grimsby v Torquay United – Saturday 13th September 2014

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lesgtfc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: n/a

Post by lesgtfc »

Oh, one other thing. I can recommend our programme which won the Best Programme In The Conference award last season. Always has about 5 or 6 pages on our opponents and usually has a "Where Are They Now" feature on 2 previous successful teams of the past.

It's £3 but well worth it.
Greybeardedgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Greybeardedgull »

Forevertufc,
In answer to your concerns about CH being backed by having finances provided regarding overnight stays prior to playing on long away trips etc.
We have trained today at Derby Counties training ground en-route to an overnight stay in Lincolnshire. No worries there then.
Up the Gulls.
GazTheGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: ...

Post by GazTheGull »

lesgtfc wrote:Oh, one other thing. I can recommend our programme which won the Best Programme In The Conference award last season. Always has about 5 or 6 pages on our opponents and usually has a "Where Are They Now" feature on 2 previous successful teams of the past.

It's £3 but well worth it.
Well I hope you can at least get our players names right unlike Lincoln..

Should be a decent game this, will be happy to see our unbeaten run continue, and maybe even yet another clean sheet but I'm going 1-1 on this one.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Greybeardedgull wrote:Forevertufc,
In answer to your concerns about CH being backed by having finances provided regarding overnight stays prior to playing on long away trips etc.
We have trained today at Derby Counties training ground en-route to an overnight stay in Lincolnshire. No worries there then.
Up the Gulls.
Well that is good news Mr Beardy, thanks for sharing, but we didn't stop overnight before Dartford, and wonder how many more away games the team wont get a proper chance to prepare for.
Formerly known as forevertufc
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

gonna plump for a narrow 1-2 away win today, bowman and o'achie. should be there today, but once again a drinking session in sheffield trumps it! brothers arms, the tap for toms stag then the legendary jungle lion at the riverside!

up the gulls!!
still keeping the faith
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Three things I wish for today :

Torquay win at Grimsby.
Competent efficient commentary from the Radio Devon team.
The matchday thread stays online/accessible (don't keep repetitively pressing the F in F5 button).

:)

I am careful what I ask (wish) for.

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Gullscorer wrote:Can't beat the freshly fried, fantastically delicious fishy flavour of dogfish, a.k.a. Rock Salmon, though it's something of an acquired taste, for the chippy connoisseur. Very popular in Korea, I'm told...!! :~D

It's a member of the shark family of fish species, so a good opportunity for someone to cash in by selling dogfish fins to the Koreans and Chinese.. :-D

Or the French.. :)

Oh I forgot, EU countries have already diminished our fish stocks by fishing right up to our shores and ruining our fishermen's livelihoods, thanks to something called the 'Common Fisheries Policy'.. :@
A
Now I thought this was what the Koreans were famous for eating. Never mind. I'm sure out players will be the Starfish of the Shoal today. we can't all live like Monkfish. so
many of us have for too long had the Haliibut of following Torquay. Herring go herring go herring go. herring go herring go herring gooo oo. maybe our Oachie will be our Goal Poacher As long as he doesnt pull a Mussel
At least it will distract us from alex Salmon and his antics oop noorf. The match will be Brill. we might even see some Trouts in tops.
I wonder if Emet Edads Beardfish will be there. no good you all Carping on. i am a Dab hand at this.
Oh Well. I better get me coat and sit on me Perch. Or I'll Flounder.. Oh I do love the game of Footballfish!
As long as we play Efishently we should win this. As long as we Shore up the defense. After all. we are not the Minnows in this league. I'd love us to come home having gained another Scallop

Now I wonder who will take the Bait.
Sorry that was a bit shellfish of me.

Yep. look what you started!
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Back on track.

Can't wait for this game!!

COYY

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Unchanged line up, 442: Rice; Cruise, Downes, Macdonald, Tonge; Ajala, Richards, Young, Chapell; Ofori-Acheampong, Bowman
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Tune in radio app live event 13 for online commentary.
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

Last edited by bixieupnorth on 13 Sep 2014, 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
still keeping the faith
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

First chance and its a corner.Bowman over by about a yard.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29164967
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

70 or 80 fans. Good start. Corner. Over. Bowman.
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

No posting from me . . . . Ethan's back !!!

:clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"