When will we be crowned Champions??

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I think these are some of the possibilities –

Beat Chelmsford & beat Woking and we will be 10 points ahead and can win the league if we at least match Woking’s result at Chelmsford when we play Eastbourne.

Beat Chelmsford & draw with Woking and we will be 7 points ahead and can win the league against Eastbourne if Woking don’t win at Chelmsford, otherwise at Chippenham.

Beat Chelmsford & lose to Woking and we will be 4 points ahead and can win the league against Hungerford (or sooner if Woking drop points).

Draw with Chelmsford & beat Woking and we will be 8 points ahead and can win the league against Eastbourne if Woking don’t win at Chelmsford, otherwise at Chippenham.

Draw with Chelmsford & draw with Woking and we will be 5 points ahead and can win the league against Hungerford (or sooner if Woking drop points).

Draw with Chelmsford & lose to Woking and we will be 2 points ahead and can win the league against St Albans (or sooner if Woking drop points).

Lose to Chelmsford & beat Woking and we will be 7 points ahead and can win the league against Eastbourne if Woking don’t win at Chelmsford, otherwise at Chippenham.

Lose to Chelmsford & draw with Woking and we will be 4 points ahead and can win the league against Hungerford (or sooner if Woking drop points).

Lose to Chelmsford & lose to Woking and we will be 1 point ahead and can win the league against St Albans (or sooner if Woking drop points).

We can afford to lose two games and still win the league!!!!!
Rhys1991
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by Rhys1991 »

Wait a minute I haven't had my morning coffee yet...
:-/
Useful post though :)
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

Wow someone has done their home work. Nice one

I personally think we win or draw both Tuesday and Saturday and depending on results we will take it at Eastbourne or Chippenham (I have my ticket just in case)

Is it to soon for my next thread ‘what time does the parade start’ ;-)
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Think we can actually lose 3 games providing we beat Woking?
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

We don't seem to do draws but would snap your hand off for one on Saturday.
Hopefully we will have it done and dusted by St Albans - have just heard from their secretary that the club bar will not be open to us so better check out the pubs
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

In reply to DWB that is correct. If we beat Woking they can only get a maximum of 86 points, whilst we will just need to collect six points from our other five games. So a win on Tuesday takes us a long way towards the championship.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

There is nothing wrong with talking about winning the league, personally think the wording on the thread title could have been better, however I know Kingsgull if optimism were a sport, he'd never lose. :)

There's loads of permutations as well worked out in one of the above posts, as to how and when. As I said yesterday in my view the Wealdstone and Chelmsford games were key, as it's all about the pressure the team go into the Woking match, under, Tuesday's match agreed has taken on an all new importance, win it 7 points plus GD ahead, and we go to Woking under no pressure what so ever.

How and when don't care, as long as we do. Couldn't get a Woking ticket, working for the Chippenham game, but can go to all the rest, so if the team win it at Chippenham, I'll celebrate at next game.
Formerly known as forevertufc
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

standupsitdown listed his permutations so here are mine.

United 78 points to date from 108 available =72.2% win rate.
6 games left 18 points to play for=13 based on win rate to date. Total 91 points.

Woking 74 points to date from 111 available=66.6%
5 games left 15 points to play for=10 based on win rate to date. Total 84 points.

The bookies must have us as odds on favourites and they are rarely wrong.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

We were 1-2 to win the league before Saturday so much be even shorter now.
25-1 before we played Woking at home.
bringbackthecowshed
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tommy Mitchinson

Post by bringbackthecowshed »

Bookies have us 1 to 4 to win the league
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

We are clearly strong favourites but if I was Woking I wouldn't have given up.
If we lose to Chelmsford, which is possible, then they beat us, also quite possible, then they would be only a point behind so can still win the league if we fail to win one of our last four and they win all there's.
They are in the sort of position that we usually are fighting relegation.

So the Chelmsford game is important, as defeat will give Woking renewed hope but a Torquay victory will mean they are unlikely to be champions even if they beat us, so will be less motivated on Saturday.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

standupsitdown wrote: 31 Mar 2019, 19:44 We were 1-2 to win the league before Saturday so much be even shorter now.
25-1 before we played Woking at home.
I can smugly confirm this :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

So can I. Thanks to the person who posted it on here. Hoping winnings will pay for season ticket next year.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

I got 25-1 but only put a fiver on, immediately when down to a £0.64p cash out ! currently £92 cash out £130 if it goes all the way, got to be honest I’m tempted
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

standupsitdown wrote: 31 Mar 2019, 09:17 I think these are some of the possibilities –

Beat Chelmsford & beat Woking and we will be 10 points ahead and can win the league if we at least match Woking’s result at Chelmsford when we play Eastbourne.

Beat Chelmsford & draw with Woking and we will be 7 points ahead and can win the league against Eastbourne if Woking don’t win at Chelmsford, otherwise at Chippenham.

Beat Chelmsford & lose to Woking and we will be 4 points ahead and can win the league against Hungerford (or sooner if Woking drop points).

Draw with Chelmsford & beat Woking and we will be 8 points ahead and can win the league against Eastbourne if Woking don’t win at Chelmsford, otherwise at Chippenham.

Draw with Chelmsford & draw with Woking and we will be 5 points ahead and can win the league against Hungerford (or sooner if Woking drop points).

Draw with Chelmsford & lose to Woking and we will be 2 points ahead and can win the league against St Albans (or sooner if Woking drop points).

Lose to Chelmsford & beat Woking and we will be 7 points ahead and can win the league against Eastbourne if Woking don’t win at Chelmsford, otherwise at Chippenham.

Lose to Chelmsford & draw with Woking and we will be 4 points ahead and can win the league against Hungerford (or sooner if Woking drop points).

Lose to Chelmsford & lose to Woking and we will be 1 point ahead and can win the league against St Albans (or sooner if Woking drop points).

We can afford to lose two games and still win the league!!!!!
Pretty impressive that. Let’s hope we win tomorrow
Lucy