Torquay United v Southend United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Richinns wrote:
Alright!!! - I missed it - I have already admitted to that!!! - don't get a blob on about!!!! =D
Richinns - Read the article, it has nothing to do with the linesman / woman :rofl: :rules:
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Awayday wrote: Richinns - Read the article, it has nothing to do with the linesman / woman :rofl: :rules:
Bugger!!! Not having a good day!

You caught me out now so cannot delete my npost - as I was just about to do after figuring that out!!! :Oops:
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

ferrarilover wrote:f**k sake, second time lucky, got an hour into doing this then f**k ing deleted it all by hitting backspace!

Nick, I hope this comes somewhere near meeting with your approval.

Matt.
Takes time, don't they?!

But yeah, I was unsure as to whether I would get a thread out for this one as I have been piled under by all sorts of things. I'm just glad someone decided to take the batton as I didn't want there not to be a thread on it.

Matt, really greatful for that, cheers, and hopefully you'll do one for the Cheltenham and Accy games, as I'm away. I'll probably have my computer, but whether I get the time to do them I highly doubt.

Cheers again.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Lee Mansell is a little hopful about this season thats for sure.
http://www.itv.com/westcountry-west/
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Its going to be a tough game tomorrow. I think Potter will get more action tomorrow than he has in the last three games.

Southend are in great form at the moment and have crept up the table. Their away record is something to behold. And its that that concerns me - we're not the best at home, and neither are Southend. Tomorrow will be a big test of how our new look side and personnel handle a real battle. I've got no concerns about the centre of the park, but its the more lightweight playmakers of the squad who need to step up. You know what you get with a Sturrock side, big strong and fairly direct. We need big performances all over the park to get a result.

My predicition is a 1-1 draw. We can't win them all, and 5 out of the next 9 points will be a decent enough return.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

What does everyone think the crowd will be on saturday? I'm going with 2700.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Parry wrote:What does everyone think the crowd will be on saturday? I'm going with 2700.
1900 home fans added to an away support of 350.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

NickGull wrote: Takes time, don't they?!

But yeah, I was unsure as to whether I would get a thread out for this one as I have been piled under by all sorts of things. I'm just glad someone decided to take the batton as I didn't want there not to be a thread on it.

Matt, really greatful for that, cheers, and hopefully you'll do one for the Cheltenham and Accy games, as I'm away. I'll probably have my computer, but whether I get the time to do them I highly doubt.

Cheers again.
Well thought out posts always take time and when added to the necessary research then it's a whole evening used up.

Matt, haven't you learned the lesson yet ? Do it on WORD first. Keep turning out high calibre matchday threads in Nick Gull's absence and I'm sure members won't begrudge you a worthy MOTM award.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Oh bum,its raining very heavy again,the pitch looked Tuesday as if it would not take much more,so here's hoping this game will be on.

If this game does survive i think it will be a true test of were our team is right now,as Southend are on a good run and have won there last 4 away.
Formerly known as forevertufc
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Don't say that, i'm debating coming down for tomorrows game.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

royalgull wrote:Don't say that, i'm debating coming down for tomorrows game.
Well iam not sure,all i can say is the pitch looked heavily saturated Tuesday night,it has been pretty dry last 48hrs however it fair to say its been chucking buckets for about 3 hours now,on an already saturated pitch it has got to be doubt,could be wrong though,i would check before you travel.
Formerly known as forevertufc
shrimperama
New Signing
New Signing

Post by shrimperama »

Id feel for our fans if a second fixture in a week got called off . The game at accrington got called off just 1hr before kick off and that is a mammoth journey to get to and be sent home and torquay is just as bad if not worse.

There has been more cancelations this year than i have every known
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

You're not wrong Shrimpy. We got all the way to the ground at Crewe once before a steward told us it was off. This was 7 days after we got to within about 50 miles of Accrington (happy for Diamondgirl to correct me on this) when we heard that match was off, turned off the motorway, round the roundabout and back home again, what a cake and arse party that week was.

Seriously though Shrimps, whatever you do, make damn sure you check with our club first before travelling, because it is properly throwing it down here and it is no exaggeration to say that the pitch looked about 10% away from total destruction on Tuesday.

Any prediction on away fans Shrimpy?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Troj,
Don't get me started mate, I knew it was an error when I did it, but it was so much easier to format it all in the reply box than it was to do it in Word, so I took the chance and, of course, it bit me firmly in the arse, right on the hole!

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

looking at that westcountry video, pitch seemed ok then, but its been p*ssing it down for a while now
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!