Torquay United v Stockport 30/11/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Apparently the club's worst home defeat since losing 3-7 at home to Boreham Wood 4 years ago - I was there and it was pitiful to watch. Just glad I wasn't able to get to the match today. Even allowing for injuries this was a shocking capitulation.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Phew that was close
Nearly made the trip down
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

brucie wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 16:27 Got to say the two signings didn't really do anything for me - with players coming back did we actually need either of them?
We need an entire new back line and keeper to stop the leaks. If our attack are not putting in 3-4 a game we’ve got no chance at this rate! 😟
Last edited by Bristol_Gull on 30 Nov 2019, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Pathetic performance
CBs are totally useless
Get it sorted GJ
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Expect dawlishmuttface to be on here soon with more gloating gibberish.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Uptongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Uptongull »

(8) We're the Torquay the same old Torquay, always give goals away.... (8) :whistle:
Uptongull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Uptongull »

Thought Amrit did ok in first half considering his debut. Medford-Smith is total garbage. Cundy looks a man lost at the minute. Like a mute on the pitch.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

budegull1954 wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 17:07 Apparently the club's worst home defeat since losing 3-7 at home to Boreham Wood 4 years ago - I was there and it was pitiful to watch. Just glad I wasn't able to get to the match today. Even allowing for injuries this was a shocking capitulation.
I think it was Bromley, when Dean Edwards was making a fool of himself on the touch line.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well that was just embarrassing.

Lets cut to the chase we've been papering over the cracks since August. Time and time again we've seen one poxy goal after anther hit the back of our net, no one minds conceding goals, it's football it happens, and we as fans will always admire a good goal, and give a polite round of applause when the oppositions scores one.

So far this season we've managed at times to outscore our opponents to cover for our poor defence, and recently we've trotted out oh all these 'injuries' how can we cope line, to try and convince ourselves there isn't a real problem, now we're not scoring the fact we've not addressed our defensive woes is biting us in the arse.

4 of the 5 Stockport goals we're utter bollocks from a defensive point of view, the switching of the keepers hasn't helped guess there's a reason for it ? However again lets cut to the chase neither is anywhere near good enough for this level.

Our defence from set pieces today looked like god darn pot plants, will always go to the games and support my team but I'm beyond fed up of watching one school boy goal after another hit the back of our net, wants sorting.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

That was a blast back to the 'legend's of Nicholsona days.
Absolutely shocking, much more of that & GJ will be on his bike & we'll be back to looking for previous players to take the realm.
This can be fixed but it needs a fix now.
Uptongull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Uptongull »

Teigngull wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 18:05 That was a blast back to the 'legend's of Nicholsona days.
Absolutely shocking, much more of that & GJ will be on his bike & we'll be back to looking for previous players to take the realm.
This can be fixed but it needs a fix now.
Totally agree. Took me back to circa 2015 - 2017.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Trojan 67 wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 17:29 Expect dawlishmuttface to be on here soon with more gloating gibberish.
:rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Attack as the only form of defence is not working for us at this level.

Our 2 CBs need replacing and a more experienced replacement for Liam D is probably required
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

forevertufc wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 18:02 Well that was just embarrassing.

Lets cut to the chase we've been papering over the cracks since August. Time and time again we've seen one poxy goal after anther hit the back of our net, no one minds conceding goals, it's football it happens, and we as fans will always admire a good goal, and give a polite round of applause when the oppositions scores one.

So far this season we've managed at times to outscore our opponents to cover for our poor defence, and recently we've trotted out oh all these 'injuries' how can we cope line, to try and convince ourselves there isn't a real problem, now we're not scoring the fact we've not addressed our defensive woes is biting us in the arse.

4 of the 5 Stockport goals we're utter bollocks from a defensive point of view, the switching of the keepers hasn't helped guess there's a reason for it ? However again lets cut to the chase neither is anywhere near good enough for this level.

Our defence from set pieces today looked like god darn pot plants, will always go to the games and support my team but I'm beyond fed up of watching one school boy goal after another hit the back of our net, wants sorting.
Cheers for that Dave, must have been a lot more painful to watch than just listening on the radio.... :-/
Think that GJ will demand new players in January for the defence. They have had their chance.....
Medford-Smith wasnt convincing at Chorley and it was his dodgy header that led to that goal.
Not sure re the switch of keepers - that cant help. Having said that it sounded like Mc made some good saves and you cant legislate for deflections.
Agree that it needs sorting.
As usual for us fans, its ups and downs.
Wont stop me going to games and supporting the team.
Hope to see you all at Harrogate (who lost at Sutton today)
Up the Gulls.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Trojan 67 wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 17:29 Expect dawlishmuttface to be on here soon with more gloating gibberish.
Doesn't matter to me Troj me ol' cock.
Torquay United through thick and thin. Win. lose or draw. :clap:

TUST Member 468