New Goalkeeper

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

usagullmichigan wrote:Here's a theory. My boss drinks and drives every night (this is true BTW) I tell him all the time you are going to get done soon or have an accident and kill someone. Let's say he does kill someone, he goes to jail and then is released. Then what....Then what? He has to live, he has to pay his way. If McCormick couldn't work he would be on social then people would bitch that we are paying for killer to get free money.
Oh this makes me so angry :@
If someone drinks and drives on a regular basis then after being given a damn good hiding he should be locked up for attempted murder and never released.
Absolute scum.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I can't discuss this anymore with idiots but if anyone actually thinks that McCormick was "unlucky" then words fail me.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

brucie wrote:I can't discuss this anymore with idiots but if anyone actually thinks that McCormick was "unlucky" then words fail me.
He wasn't unlucky, he was complete tool for doing what he did.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

brucie wrote:I can't discuss this anymore with idiots but if anyone actually thinks that McCormick was "unlucky" then words fail me.
Didn't realise you were discussing the topic with anybody. You came on, totally judged me (even though you have no idea about me at all), then, when I told you (and everybody else) why I had formed my opinion you decided that your opinion was right and that the rest are idiots.

Why can't you accept that you have your opinion, others have theirs and that actually maybe neither opinion is any better than the other, instead of just deciding that anybody who disagrees with your esteemed viewpoint is an idiot.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

I said he was very very stupid, but I would say killing 2children, putting a family through that, and ruining his own life, is unlucky, as it was certainly not his intention.
NA Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Howe

Post by NA Gull »

Scott Brehaut wrote: Didn't realise you were discussing the topic with anybody. You came on, totally judged me (even though you have no idea about me at all), then, when I told you (and everybody else) why I had formed my opinion you decided that your opinion was right and that the rest are idiots.

Why can't you accept that you have your opinion, others have theirs and that actually maybe neither opinion is any better than the other, instead of just deciding that anybody who disagrees with your esteemed viewpoint is an idiot.
That is Brucie having a discussion.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

jonnyfive wrote: Jesus, Andy, do you just support our club on Teletext?! I don't wish to be vindictive, but if you are going to spend so much time passing comment on my hometown football team, perhaps you ought to inform yourself a little more?

WOW!! You were born and brought up in Torquay and that makes you the only one allowed to judge whether 'outsiders' are fit enough to have an opinion on YOUR club. Newsflash , i'm a Torquay fan too and i couldn't give a **** what your opinions are about MY opinions on TUFC. Not being from Torquay i obviously have no right to support them do i? Maybe you hold the belief that each fan can and should only support their hometown team and that's fine just don't slag somebody else off for doing the opposite. What about Rick, our Norwegian friend? Is he not allowed an opinion because he is from Norway and not Torquay? What about Man Utd fans? If everyone who supported Man Utd HAD to come from Manchester then Old Trafford would be pissin empty every other week! I didn't pass any comment on Zebs because i didn't know what was going on. I had no access to a PC at the time and you aren't far off the mark when you berate me for following on teletext. Not being from Torquay ( a fact which no doubt irks you in some way ) then i have no access to local news and papers like you do down there.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I must also add that on the subject of McCormick, Scott is completely right by saying that the man polarizes opinion and that i respect the opinions of those who have the opposite viewpoint to me on the subject.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

austrianandygull wrote:WOW!! You were born and brought up in Torquay and that makes you the only one allowed to judge whether 'outsiders' are fit enough to have an opinion on YOUR club. Newsflash , i'm a Torquay fan too and i couldn't give a f**k what your opinions are about MY opinions on TUFC. Not being from Torquay i obviously have no right to support them do i? Maybe you hold the belief that each fan can and should only support their hometown team and that's fine just don't slag somebody else off for doing the opposite. What about Rick, our Norwegian friend? Is he not allowed an opinion because he is from Norway and not Torquay? What about Man Utd fans? If everyone who supported Man Utd HAD to come from Manchester then Old Trafford would be pissin empty every other week! I didn't pass any comment on Zebs because i didn't know what was going on. I had no access to a PC at the time and you aren't far off the mark when you berate me for following on teletext. Not being from Torquay ( a fact which no doubt irks you in some way ) then i have no access to local news and papers like you do down there.
Well said, Andy.

tell me, johnnyfive - I'm from Torbay but now live 3,000 miles away. Does that mean I'm now ineligible to support them?

Next you'll be starting a thread about 'true supporters' - a phrase that I would ban if I could.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

happytorq wrote: Well said, Andy.

tell me, johnnyfive - I'm from Torbay but now live 3,000 miles away. Does that mean I'm now ineligible to support them?

Next you'll be starting a thread about 'true supporters' - a phrase that I would ban if I could.
I think you have totally misread what he was getting at.

Zebs is, it's fair to say, fairly well known to most (if not all) "modern day" Torquay fans - by that I mean, those that have been supporting us for more than a couple of seasons - as that was when he was playing for us.

I don't go along with the whole "I don't have access to local news etc" either - I can check the herald express online, get almost all I need to know on Torquay from here and other places on the internet and I live nowhere near Torquay either.

IF, and that is a big if, you have only just started supporting Torquay then sure, maybe you don't know about the recent history (I know little of the players pre Wes Saunders era as manager for example), but otherwise I am sure almost everybody would have heard of Zebs, where he played before and after us, and a little of his history. No worries if not, but that was why I used him as an example, and why I am sure Johnnyfive was making comments like he did.

Of course I may have totally read it wrong, you may be right in which case I apologise, but I am sure he did not mean it in the way you two are looking at it.

STIP
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I take your points on board Scott and although i have been going to watch Torquay since 2004 i have not really ( until very recently and with access to the internet ) been in the loop about the detailed background of our players. For example we've signed Craig Easton who many of you more knowledgeable than i know a bit about through your research and deep interest in lower league footballers. I myself have never heard of him and that goes for many players who we sign from other lower league clubs. That doesn't make me necessarily less of a fan it's just that i don't have a massive interest in where all these players come from. I'm still obsessed with Torquay and love matchdays and know a lot about our current squad but that's me i'm afraid. I had never heard of Zebroski when he came to us. I had never heard of Olejnik, Oastler, Lathrope, Saah et al. So you see, just because the information is out there doesn't necessarily mean that i have seen it so am aware or that i am particularly interested. I know Zebs went to Rovers after us but i had never read anything about an attack on a man. Also Scott, i NEVER had any access to the internet a good few years ago so therefore i couldn't go online and check the herald express site. I'm basically apologising for admitting to not knowing anything about Chris Zebroski, thats the long and short of it and i shouldn't have to. If i don't know something then i don't know even if everybody else is aware and finds it unbelievable that another TUFC fan doesn't know. Sorry.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Most (all!!) of my knowledge comes from playing football manager. That is pretty much the only reason why I do know half of these players.

You don't need to apologise - if you don't know somebody then you don't know them.

I merely used Zebs as an example given he was a recent player on our books and took it for granted that people would know his history.

Sorry.

STIP
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

No worries Scott.

Maybe i should get hold of Football Manager too then i'd have a head start! ;-) :nod: