Eastleigh v Torquay United 26/11/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Good news that CLE is back in training and Jamie Reid should be back in a couple of weeks. I hear that Gary Johnson is expected to sign at least one, if not two players for Saturday.😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

That is great news.

Stockport will not fancy this match after we won 4-0 on Sept 28th at Stockport and on Tuesday they lost 1-4 at Home to Solihull.

We have got to start well and take our chances. COYY.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Let's hope we also get some breaks going our way. Watching the highlights all three Eastleigh goals had a big slice of fortune. First the guy looked 2 yards offside when it was headed into the middle to him. Second think I wrongly said Hollands wasn't picked up , actually Whitfield I think it was got in a good block and as Brucie said it freakishly rebounded back into his path. The third was just a fluke deflection. Have to say though I can't believe how Janneh failed to score with that header before they scored.
Reidy28
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Reidy28 »

Signed a Tiverton striker called Jared Lewington.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Reidy28 wrote: ↑28 Nov 2019, 22:08 Signed a Tiverton striker called Jared Lewington.
League top scorer in their Division. Someone surely going the other way if that’s the case. Olaf?
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

desperado wrote: ↑28 Nov 2019, 21:36 Let's hope we also get some breaks going our way. Watching the highlights all three Eastleigh goals had a big slice of fortune. First the guy looked 2 yards offside when it was headed into the middle to him. Second think I wrongly said Hollands wasn't picked up , actually Whitfield I think it was got in a good block and as Brucie said it freakishly rebounded back into his path. The third was just a fluke deflection. Have to say though I can't believe how Janneh failed to score with that header before they scored.
It was totally offside!!!!! I was, amongst many, screaming at the lino/referee!! They didn't get any better as the game went on!!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Lewington scored against us for Truro. Wasn't he the bloke who kept elbowing everybody.

I'm not so sure this is brilliant news though. Wasn't Janneh reported as being injured in the Eastleigh. Wouldn't mind betting that he's bloody out as well now.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Nothing on OS as yet concerning Lewington.

I think we were extremely unfortunate to come away from Eastleigh without at least a point. Cruel game at times as we well know.

The highlights just show that referees at this level are on the whole not good enough.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

I believe that Jared Lewington is a local lad, I think he played for Bovey Tracey and Buckland Athletic before joining Tiverton town from Truro City.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

You’d have to think it’s non contract terms? He works full time and knows himself he’s a short time replacement for Reid
londongull63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by londongull63 »

Tues highlights make interesting viewing, showing several reasons for defeat at key incidents that havent been mentioned apart from Janneh's header above - perhaps attacking blunders as much as defensive. Their 3rd emanates from their short corner. We had been down to 10 when Whitfield (I think) is allowed back on at the OPPOSITE corner of the pitch. He immediately sprints 150 yards to try & get to the guy who receives the short corner (you see him just run into picture) but doesn’t have time to reach him before the guy has time to cross unmarked. Then comes out & a lucky deflection does us. But if Whitfield was on, goal wouldn’t have happened
Their 2nd Janneh wasn’t lazy, just naively enthusiastic, chasing the man Wynter is already on & losing his own runner.
Their pen is a cross heading probably to an unmarked attacker when Andrews handles. But at 0-0 we had a similar easier unmarked header for Janneh 5 yards out.
For some reason he heads tamely back across goal to no-one with their keeper in no mans land. Just had to nod it past him.
And Buse I think seems to miss an easy chance from a great Whitfield cross at 0 0 when it goes right across him a few yards out, although to be fair he did well to get up there. Score one of those & I reckon we’d have won. Maybe unfair to highlight players just on the penalty area incidents as they all do good & bad moments the other 85 minutes that could affect a match. Oh, and Ruari's 2nd penalty shout looks a good one as the defender goes into the batk of him and neither touches the ball