Joss Labadie

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Great news. Lets hope this is the first of a few to arrive
Lucy
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Appears to be a good edition. Dont know alot about Joss L.

My question is where does he play and with who. Mansell?? I am hoping he's an attacking midfielder and is allowed to play that role.

I am now slightly more optimistic about playing Oxford this saturday
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Good signing for us. Don't know an awful lot about him, but do recall reading positive things about him from Shrewsbury fans a few years back.

Exactly the sort of thing we need too. For all the positives in our midfield last year, we've been consistently poor there this season. A bit of power and bit will do the trick. Plus this is the sort of player we need - someone who has played a bit, but is on the cusp of being released. Chance to put himself in the shop window - whether that's for us or for others I don't care as long as he helps get us through this spell.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalelujah! Hallelujah! Hale-e-ujah!

3 months too late but better late than never and let's hope he can instill some purpose in our play (assuming he gets picked of course :clap: ). I'm just overjoyed that we have some positive news, some positive action and some fingers removed from anuses ( or is it anii? :-/ ). Either way, i'm a lot happier than i was 5 minutes ago. COYY!! Welcome aboard Joss. :keepie:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

For anyone interested in fingers IN anuses then please refer to Bixie's posts on the Oxford thread. :~D :~D

Back on Labadie, i just hope Knill doesn't do a Taylor and sign a loanee and not start him. :-/

I'm sure he won't. :bow:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Centre midfielder? Well Nathan Craig may as well be looking for another club, what a waste not playing him. He could easily play the 'attacking role' in the centre of midfield, he's our best player at the club! Seems ridiculous that we've loaned an attacking CM when we have a top class one already.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:Centre midfielder? Well Nathan Craig may as well be looking for another club, what a waste not playing him. He could easily play the 'attacking role' in the centre of midfield, he's our best player at the club! Seems ridiculous that we've loaned an attacking CM when we have a top class one already.
Without wishing to hijack this good news thread it's Morris I feel sorry for, he's not been given a sniff since returning from his injury.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I agree with both Danny and you Phil to some degree. Craig hasn't been given the opportunity in CM when he should have been. I'd rather Joss go straight in though purely as he is a fresh face and it could spark something but if we are to keep Craig on then it has to be as a CM. He has been wasted all season although he has put in a few below average performances like they all have i suppose.

Phil, i too have sympathy with Morris as he is a likeable lad and a decent player and i rate him. It maybe is too much to ask though of him returning from such a serious injury into a confidence ravaged squad and it might hinder us rather than help us at this moment in time IMO.

I just think that overall we just need new faces to help add a spark and if it goes t*ts up then we can use those as last resort back up i suppose. What is clear is that the club has been run like an absolute circus IMO this season and we just need a few more additions this week and then we can get settled and heads down for the final battle ahead with everything in place to have a go at getting out of this mess.
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

Unfortunately both Craig and Morris would only play well in a 3 man midfield. They just get over run.Which is why we now have 2 midfielders who can battle and pass the ball.

I would like to see Craig take Benyons place and just play just in behind Howe.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

If a new manager has come in and for some reason not playing people, you have to take his choice. I like both the lads but knoll would play the best team he can from what he sees on the training sessions. Bury fans said knoll likes a big man in the middle and well we have one
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Wow, I'm actually quite impressed. He's a good player on his day, I remember seeing a belting 30 yard free kick when he was at Shrewsbury.

As for the type of player, I believe he is more defensive than attacking, but can play in many ways. He could easily play the "in the hole" kind of role, as well as the role we saw Manse do last season. He's got a decent bit of strength about him and is a decent passer, nothing special but short passes get to their man the vast majority of the time. Powerful, tall and with an eye for a goal, he could be a very good signing for us. On the downside, it's been quoted that he has attitude problems and my worry is that he might see League 2 as a step down for him. It really depends which player we see turn up, one who's up for a job and wants to battle, or one who thinks he shouldn't be here.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I have no idea who Labadie is, but in a way I hope he is a defensive centre midfielder so Craig can play alongside him. However, this would wont happen with Knill as manager, because if he hasn't seen the skill of Nath, then he never will!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Great news, at last, really hope he's up for it and is the first of a couple more!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Like others, I am not even going to pretend I know anything about this lad other than what I cleary can see, he is a big strong looking player and that will give a physical presence in midfield I think we all agree has been missing. We are not scoring goals because strikers are feeding on scraps, we are conceeding gaols because midfield is often over-run, in turn leads to preesure on the back four.

Seems a very good signing, well done to all who made that happen.
Last edited by Dave on 06 Mar 2013, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:I have no idea who Labadie is, but in a way I hope he is a defensive centre midfielder so Craig can play alongside him. However, this would wont happen with Knill as manager, because if he hasn't seen the skill of Nath, then he never will!
Danny mate agree with your sentiment, and you know that as we often have a chat before and during the game, However I do not think it is case that Alan Knill can not see Nathan Craig's skill, had it not been for the injury to Morris I do not think Nathan Craig would have played so much full stop, he is young in-experienced player, pretty much in the same mould as O'kane when he first came to the club.

Alan Knill made it quite clear he would go for exprience, Craig is more one for the future not for now, he needs time develop physicaly and mentaly, a relegation scrap maybe not the right time for him.
Formerly known as forevertufc