Aldershot vs Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Will we soon see the return of the Cambridge fans......

:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

austrianandygull wrote:If he can get us out of this sh*t then that's all that would matter.
fair enough.

but hes still a c*ck! :@

not that i hold grudges..........
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Paul Buckle shafted us BIG time - he had decided to leave us way before the play off final and his heart wasn't in it. Yeah, so the players could have still won it, but in all honesty, if the manager hasn't got the heart then it resonates through the team.

That said - this sort of situation is the ideal thing for him. The makings of a good team, enough time to get out of the brown stuff and receive the adoration of all (well, almost all) - great for his ego :-D

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Dutchgull wrote:Will we soon see the return of the Cambridge fans......

:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
true.

rushden will be p155ing himself on soccer am! :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

I am enraged.

Usually when a club goes through a bad run, the fans offer many different alternatives as to what the manager should do - armchair managers so to speak. But this time, it's so bleeding obvious to everyone that we have no creativity in the middle of the pitch and we don't have a striker that will put the ball in the net when we need it. How difficult is it to see??

I have dedicated nearly all of my posts for the last three months pleading for Nathan Craig to be included in the centre of midfield. Why was he ever taken out of it? Mansell was suspended and we got something like 7 points out of 9 with Craig and Easton in midfield. It doesn't take a Leroy Rosenior, Ian Atkins or Keith Curle to see this! I saw it bloody ages ago let me have a go FFS!!!

What we don't need now is a battler as our manager. We are battling now and it's not working. We need some attacking tactics and some attacking play to allow us to score some goals and win games. I would even take a 3-2 loss on Saturday right now. Bring in LEROY!!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Just got in

2 very poor teams, no quality at all. No creative play and that is the real problem. There is no one who can do something special, decisive pass to open up a defence.

I don't like naming and shaming but a few of our long standing players have no longer got it at this level. Leadbitter did OK tonite. The rest poor.

What's needed now is a manager with real passion, confidence and a motivator who can grind out 13 points. Even after this performance it can be done but its gonna take a huge effort.

I agree, why sign a new forward at this time of the season and not play him, its stupid. If Elliot isn't gonna even get at least 15 mins as a sub his wages are a waste of money. Don't understand it.
TUST MEMBER
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

coming back to my main point and away from the history lesson, my point about us having a plan when I've seen us we don't have one, well not a viable long term plan. Our plan is to play as many defensive players as possible, launch it to Rene hope he does something, get the first goal, then defend for 80 minutes and win 1-0. It's pathetic, it's not a tactic it's sitting there waiting to get beat with no thoughts of taking charge of the game so to speak.

If we played football, on the ground, passed to feet but lacked a bit of spark or were just getting beat because the opposition were better than us at it then I'd have no qualms. But we don't. I know the budget isn't great and we can't have the likes of the players listed above any more but you can have a philosophy and away of playing that players can attempt to do. No matter what team Stoke pick they'll play the same way, no matter what team Swansea pick they'll play the same way and it's true for every team in the country. Our policy seems to be 4-5-1 park the bus and hope to stay in the game, it's dire, it's crap to watch and it doesn't work!!! Not with these players anyway.

I want to see us let of the leash for the remaining games, I want to see us commit men forward, try and score goals and not have these 'unlucky' 1-0 losses. they aren't unlucky, we're losing because we have no plan to deal with going behind and our starting plan is setting up to make games scrappy dire affairs where hopefully we nick it 1-0. Well stuff that.

If we end up going down or finishing 22nd having a go for the last games then I'll accept that, if we go down or continue to slide playing this way then we as fans should seriously demand change for next season because it isn't good enough

I posted that as part of a post elsewhere earlier. May as well be my match report , we started ok for 10 minutes and then defended for the other 80 despite the fact we were put under no severe pressure. We didn't have a single shot on target in 90 minutes against the team 23rd in the division at the start of play.

Rene ended up on the right, even at right back at one point such was his frustration of not seeing the ball all night. Arrrrrgh as I type this I keep remembering bits of what i've just witnessed..my eyes my eyes...

It was horrific, shambolic, inept, clueless, classless, disgraceful, embarrassing take your pick from any of those. aldershot were little better but when the last 10 minutes came, they had a go for it sensing blood and deservedly got a winning goal. We had parked the bus from minute 10 despite there not being an onslaught coming.

Again like I've said, we have no plan, we have no quality, we have no leadership on and off the field. We are relegation CERTAINTIES as we stand right now. We will not win another game this season playing like that.

Only positive was Leadbitter's performance was a good one. Enough positives.

It was probably summed up when Aldershot scored we had 10 minutes to save ourselves, Benyon got 0 minutes match time, we carried on with 1 up front and then put downes up there for the last 2 minutes. We're pot less and 1-0 down playing like a shower of shit and the striker we've spent a bit of dosh on gets 0 minutes? I can't even work it out.

We had a perfect surface, a perfect opposition but the problem is we are the worst side in the entire division and we proved that tonight.

No guts, No heart, No quality, No flair, No ideas, No shots, No Points. No hope
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I am fuming. What a waste of an evening that was. I feel sorry for the poor souls who have to travel all the way back to Torquay tonight.

No ideas except hoofing the ball up the park. Rene was in effect for me more in the midfield than up front, Taylor has no clue, how he made it to assistant manager I will never know. A lot of sour comments were made (rightfully so) towards Taylor as the 2nd half progressed but in all honesty, I expected us to lose and I was right, so I guess I can't be too disappointed.

Don't know if anyone could hear on the radio but we had a loud "We Want Benyon" chant going at certain points.

I must thank however everyone who signed a get well soon card for Lingy, the response was great and the club will pass it on to him soon.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

taxilady wrote::goal: 'could have sworn that someone posted earlier that Buckle was at the match, or was that joke?'
He's available ! Parted company with his club 'for personal reasons'.

Aye, that was me! My post didn't seem to have any affect, but a mate of mine was next to Paul Buckle tonight at the game.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

The thing is we can't even put this sort of performance down to confidence. We've played like this for 90% of the season.

I genuinely wish Martin Ling all the very best with regards to his health but his and Taylor's teams are the worst Torquay teams I've ever seen in terms of performance levels and enjoyment. We are absolute pigswill to watch and have been for yonks. Bored of it.

^^^^^^

Bucks IN please. Anyone that would rather watch a Ling/Taylor TUFC team over a Bucks TUFc team is a certified nutter.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

royalgull wrote:The thing is we can't even put this sort of performance down to confidence. We've played like this for 90% of the season.

I genuinely wish Martin Ling all the very best with regards to his health but his and Taylor's teams are the worst Torquay teams I've ever seen in terms of performance levels and enjoyment. We are absolute pigswill to watch and have been for yonks. Bored of it.

^^^^^^

Bucks IN please. Anyone that would rather watch a Ling/Taylor TUFC team over a Bucks TUFc team is a certified nutter.

are you just angry royal?

i wouldnt want him back.

TUST Member 468

royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

Why? Seriously? and not just because he left us. Are you happy Benyon's back? he left us too....

Buckle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ling/Taylor
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

royalgull wrote:Why? Seriously? and not just because he left us. Are you happy Benyon's back? he left us too....

sorry royal, but i just dont want him back.

TUST Member 468

hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

royalgull wrote:Why? Seriously? and not just because he left us. Are you happy Benyon's back? he left us too....

I'm to especially happy that Benyon is back. One flash-in-the-pan season about 4 years ago and nothing else since.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

May as well have signed me to be honest for what Benyon's been given the chance to do. 10 minutes in 3 games pretty much, joke.

If it's a straight choice of Bucks, Knill or carry on as we are I know what i'd choose. We won't go down with Uncle Bucks and if it annoys the rest of you then even better.