Aldershot vs Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
markw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by markw »

Say it as you see it Steve breed !!!
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Steve do you really think anyone decent will take it?
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

stevegull wrote:We're on a terrible run but I genuinely still don't believe our team is the worst in the league. With a new voice at the helm things are bound to improve. We still have a bit of a chushion on the other clubs.
and we're only 14 points off playoffs!
west_yorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by west_yorkshiregull »

well this is great , well done mr taylor for having no balls and no idea. please step aside now and admit you dont have a clue. what a joke . not playing benyon again , why bother loaning him. guess nathans confidence will be shot to bits now , playing a left back who is clearly 10 paces to short ( why not try cruise there )

players out of postion or not playing when its clear they should be given a chance

please get this taylor bloke out the club , this is the straw that as broke camels back..........
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

markw wrote:Say it as you see it Steve breed !!!
What did he say?
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

hahahaha. RussianGull that is lovely.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Need to change our name to Torquay Nil
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

akinfatwa equalised at the wombles
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

stevegull wrote:We're on a terrible run but I genuinely still don't believe our team is the worst in the league. With a new voice at the helm things are bound to improve. We still have a bit of a chushion on the other clubs.

You'd have to tell me who is then,,

On current form we are the worst of that there is no doubt,,, unleess of course your name is Mr Baker or Mr Phillips,,,,,, Batesons must be pissing themselves
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Cobblers equalise at AFCW. Thank god.
markw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by markw »

He said to drop, nicho, manse, Easton and Jarvis, bring in cruise, lathrope, Craig and benyon ...not sure many would disagree
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Steve Breed said, NC and Lathrope in the middle for Mansell and Easton, he said Macklin and the wing, and Benyon up top with Howe, also Cruise in for Nicho. I make him 100% right.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I'm not sure how our support at games can really do much, we gave them everything at Rochdale and i reckon tonight the fans will have got right behind the lads but we really do look a team in real, real trouble. at because right now we just have to have faith in the team to somehow pull some results out from anywhere. There isn't much we can do but passively let things take their course. We're in the brown stuff well and truly and it could all have been easily avoided sadly. They don't come any tougher than Vale on saturday but i shall be in the bench shouting us on at the Wycombe game. This has been coming for a long time but even i am shocked at just how bad we are playing at the minute. Gutted but we still have games left and our form surely has to turn for the better sooner rather than later. The club is in absolute disarray at the minute and if i may end with an opinion, what is the f*cking point in signing Benyon and not starting him 3 games in? Absolutely bizarre. We may as well lump McDonald up there and send Elliot back. Insanity.

Let's not slate Taylor here, this is Martins and the boards doing and obviously given his issues and all that i feel it inappropriate to say that but i believe this to be the truth. Taylor isn't able to arrest our run of form and why did we ever think he could? I'm panicking but trying not to as there are plenty of games left. The only problem is that all the teams at the bottom seem to be picking up whilst we cannot buy a goal let alone a win.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Forest gull wrote:Steve do you really think anyone decent will take it?
It's a chance to manage a professional football club. With the amount of out-of-work gaffers out there I think there is definitely a fairly large pool of people we could pick from. I'm aware none of the candidates are likely to have a complete footballing record. We're likely looking at bosses who have been 'burnt' by a job or two but I think there are some people with potential out there. Remember, we don't need a manager that can build his own team, just a manager who can motivate and rework our team. There's enough quality in our whole squad to get us out of this.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

I can't take going down again so that's my lot if we do. Sorry I'll keep supporting till it's too late to stay up but the club is going down the tubes in double quick time. Yeah, I may see it differently in the morning but this is just abject surrender. We are F********* hopeless :@ SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ANGRY :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
Oblivion!!!!