United on DVD?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I wouldn't mind it but I really find it hard to enjoy David Thomas and his ramblings.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Steve, they are just match reports with a page on each game. It can be read in an hour or two.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

NickGull wrote:Steve, they are just match reports with a page on each game. It can be read in an hour or two.
Not if you're from Devon! :keepie:
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

NickGull wrote:I'd buy one too. I still have the Year Review book from Leroy's promotion year which I look back on now and again, brings memories flooding back!
i have this book and i do exactly the same thing.best season ever. great football, :-D some good footballers and a few decent ones a coach/manager :bow: managed to get the best out of. :whistle: also have hundreds of programmes i look at occasionally which bring back great memories even from some average seasons. :) a yearly dvd review would be a great idea.i thought the club had a guy who films every match for training purposes, they could make a dvd from the recordings and either play the footage to music ala' soccer am or have someone from the club provide a retrospective commentary like a lot of dvd extras have.
:scarf:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Could TUFC not negotiate with the BBC to use clips from Radio Devon commentary? Or would needless red tape somehow prevent it? What about getting Dave Saunders or whoever to moonlight for the project by recording a narrative?

I daresay the small prospective sales revenue would make the whole thing unfeasible in any case :'(
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

NickGull wrote:This one!
Thanks for that link Nick. Hell I'm a poet and I know it. lol
Anyway I looked it up on Amazon and just bought one for the princely sum of 1P. plus £2.80 P&P.
That seems a little steep but offset by being practically given it.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843